Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 10-25-2012, 09:23 PM   #211
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRCamaroSS View Post
The more pics I get to see of the sprint cup SS makes it look more and more like this one found here.
http://www.roadandtrack.com/future-c...rolet-ss-sedan

Look at the indents on the front.
Based on the lines you can clearly see under the tape othe grill I think you are correct. Also the flat appearance of the hood in both cars.

But look closely at the line of the headlamps. The taped up front end is more square with straight lines and an almost Cruze like upper rear corner. The rendering is showing a more rounded appearance.

But sadly I also hope you are wrong as that rendering is much less attractive to me than even the current generation Commodore.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:32 PM   #212
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taintedveins View Post
If they learned that a performance sedan sells well in the g8 I can assure you that they will go with similar styling. Why can't they just re make the G8 with a bowtie on it?
The G8 is on the VE platform. The new SS is on the VF platform. New platform = new body.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:49 PM   #213
VRCamaroSS

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS
Either way I like it. Chevy has stepped up at started making some nice looking cars. The Cruze looks good for a small car. Just saw a brand new Malibu LTZ and that looks pretty nice too! If this comes with a LS3 it might see some of my garage space.
VRCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:08 PM   #214
Cincy10SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
I think it'd look good with at least some sort of variant of the Commodore's hood scoops.
Sorry, I didn't read thru all the pages of this thread but has it been posted what to expect to pay for a fairly loaded 2014 SS?
Traded-in car: K&N Typhoon intake, JBA Shorty headers, Solo mid-pipes/hi-flow cats, GMPP Track Pack axle-back, Vmax ported TB, Billet Custom catch can, billet tensioner pulley, Hines Hex Vents, Z/TA rear spoiler, ProCustom headlight covers, Drake black/riveted quarter window covers, GM satin fuel door, chrome and brushed caps/covers under the hood, EmblemPros underhood bowtie & fuel rail "Camaro" plates, chrome "SS" door kick-panels, chrome trunk latch plate & strut rods, Street Scene lower grille ducts w/LED lights, front bowtie-delete, Yates Performance pedals, 35% tint, etc.
Cincy10SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:50 PM   #215
VRCamaroSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy10SSRS View Post
I think it'd look good with at least some sort of variant of the Commodore's hood scoops.
Sorry, I didn't read thru all the pages of this thread but has it been posted what to expect to pay for a fairly loaded 2014 SS?
No price given out yet that I have seen but my guess it's above $40,000.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:10 PM   #216
Christiancoach

Drives: 2008 Holden Commodore SSV
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRCamaroSS View Post
No price given out yet that I have seen but my guess it's above $40,000.
GM will need to keep it somewhere reasonably under the Cadillac CTS-V to make it viable. If the price difference is too close, why not just get the V? Of course, it STRONGLY depends on what motor it comes out with. If it has the LS 3 it better be well under $40K. LS7, A little over $40K would do. LSA, now you have reason to move towards $45K!
The big thing to keep in mind is that when the G8 was announced in 2007, the US Dollar was worth 1.40 Australian or something around there. Since that time it has swung to 1 for 1! A well appointed VE Commodore in Australia is around $60K AU!!!
Old 11-01-2012, 07:21 PM   #217
VRCamaroSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christiancoach View Post
GM will need to keep it somewhere reasonably under the Cadillac CTS-V to make it viable. If the price difference is too close, why not just get the V? Of course, it STRONGLY depends on what motor it comes out with. If it has the LS 3 it better be well under $40K. LS7, A little over $40K would do. LSA, now you have reason to move towards $45K!
The big thing to keep in mind is that when the G8 was announced in 2007, the US Dollar was worth 1.40 Australian or something around there. Since that time it has swung to 1 for 1! A well appointed VE Commodore in Australia is around $60K AU!!!
I am basing it also with dealer markup. I've just seen a brand new Malibu LTZ fully loaded for 35,000+ and thats FWD with a 2.0 T. SS with V8 and RWD should put it there being fully loaded.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:01 AM   #218
SpectroBR

Drives: Renault Duster 1.5 dCi 4WD
Quote:
Yes, but I believe Australian prices are with VAT included, just like Europe (and pretty much everyone else...)

Still, I'd like to see the SS with the Gen V LT1 from 2014 onwards.
SpectroBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:03 PM   #219
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
The nearest competitor to the SS, the Charger, could be had with a V8 for about half the price of a CTS-V so I don't think there isn't much chance its going to start anywhere near CTS-V pricing
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:26 PM   #220
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
LOL at the LS7 in the SS.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:55 PM   #221
SS 376

Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS (Former)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy10SSRS View Post
I can't think of any Chevy, other than the Volt and the Vette, that ever started above $30K. That said, I would say a reasonably well-appointed SS with the LS3 would start under $40K for sure. I'd say $36-39K, more or less what you might pay for a nicely set up 2SS. I can't say I'd pay much over $40K. That would be $5000+ more than a turbo ATS w/manual transmission... I don't think Chevy wants this to be a low-volume model, and I think if it's way over $40K you wouldn't see a lot of them. I mean, I can count on two hands the number of G8GXPs I've ever seen. So I hope it's mid-high 30's.
SS 376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:59 PM   #222
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectroBR View Post
Yes, but I believe Australian prices are with VAT included, just like Europe (and pretty much everyone else...)

Still, I'd like to see the SS with the Gen V LT1 from 2014 onwards.

Well before long we will have one here too.
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:09 PM   #223
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 376 View Post
I can't think of any Chevy, other than the Volt and the Vette, that ever started above $30K. That said, I would say a reasonably well-appointed SS with the LS3 would start under $40K for sure. I'd say $36-39K, more or less what you might pay for a nicely set up 2SS. I can't say I'd pay much over $40K. That would be $5000+ more than a turbo ATS w/manual transmission... I don't think Chevy wants this to be a low-volume model, and I think if it's way over $40K you wouldn't see a lot of them. I mean, I can count on two hands the number of G8GXPs I've ever seen. So I hope it's mid-high 30's.
Cars, perhaps.

Traverse, Tahoe, and Suburban all start above $30k.

As for volume projections, I wouldn't expect this car to light up the sales charts much at all. It seems like it'll a niche product for the most part.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:18 PM   #224
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 376 View Post
If they wanted it to be a high volume model, they'd give it a V6, build them in Oshawa beside the Camaro, and price it in the mid 20s. But its being imported from Australia as a V8 only. Don't expect to see too many of them.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote