Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 08-17-2011, 04:35 PM   #15
hv92

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
Hmmm...well, let me say I read and reply on the ZL1 and Z28 forum. There are many well informed, intelligent people colloborating here so I can't say "I know what you mean" about the posts you are referring to. Actually, your questioning if anyone is PO'ed about an automatic option is a first., and I haven't read one derrogative post challenging anyones station in life if they drove a stick or an automatic. Having said that, we conducted a pole of who wanted an automatic VS stick, and another post was run where if there were X amount of responses in the affirmative Chevy would take note to the fact positively. Many people who wanted a stick said they still supported an automatic to those would would favor one, even though they didn't. Camaro camaraderie...., we're on the same team. We are pulling together here!. So it goes. As for choice, I like the control of a stick because I feel I am better suited to pick the proper gear over what an automatic would choose on a road course. I am not fond of paddle shifters. For the track, a properly set up automatic shifts crisper and more constantly. Still, I am an old gear banger from way back. I most enjoy letting it all hang out while taking it to the edge as close as possible. Manually shifting under ever changing conditions on the road or track gives me more control of the machine, and makes me feel as one with the machine. Welcome my son....to the machine. Be the machine. We now return to our regularly scheduled program....
Actually, if you go through the poll thread, there are people making such comments that correlate one's manhood with the type of gearbox they choose on their car. So I suggest you go read through it.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:40 PM   #16
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hv92 View Post
Actually, if you go through the poll thread, there are people making such comments that correlate one's manhood with the type of gearbox they choose on their car. So I suggest you go read through it.
ok..if that's so,... then it's worthy to dig up such childish boorish potty mouth commentary and recycle it again in post? I think not, I suggest we take the high road...
Old 08-17-2011, 04:45 PM   #17
hv92

Quote:
ok..if that's so,... then it's worthy to dig up such childish boorish potty mouth commentary and recycle it again in post? I think not, I suggest we take the high road...
Yeah. Actually it is. It goes hand in hand with my question. Now. You have relayed your opinion regarding my question. So just shhhh ya old timer.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:47 PM   #18
Shu71

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS M6
Either way, who cares? It's your car in your driveway or under your butt. Drive what puts the smile on your face and stop caring what others think. Everyone has an opinion, but only yours counts when it comes to things you own.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:50 PM   #19
hv92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shu71 View Post
Either way, who cares? It's your car in your driveway or under your butt. Drive what puts the smile on your face and stop caring what others think. Everyone has an opinion, but only yours counts when it comes to things you own.
I definitely agree. It's just funny when people get mad about something so minute. I just don't understand if it is some psychological fallacy that prompts such people to judge others regarding whether or not their sports car is an automatic or manual.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:56 PM   #20
OldScoolCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hv92 View Post
Yeah. Actually it is. It goes hand in hand with my question. Now. You have relayed your opinion regarding my question. So just shhhh ya old timer.
...as I suspected....and you have chosen to prove your ignorance in your own hand. "Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise". LOL
Old 08-17-2011, 04:56 PM   #21
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1 or Suzuki Hayabusa

Off topic, but I just have to say, Shu, that IBM in your sig looks like sex on wheels.

Verrah nice.

PS People who overindulge in discussions of the ignorant attitudes of irrelevant people are in danger of themselves losing relevancy.

OldSchool has the right idea. Subject complete here, I'm off to drool about horsepower or something.

Scarrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:01 PM   #22
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I'm happy that I don't care what those against having the auto' option think. I'm excited to see so many who have an open mind and are supportive of the alternative. I fully support those people and whoever else shares the same feelings. To me - it comes down to an individual having the choice to spend their money the way they see fit. i completely support any options out there fir all of us so long as there is enough interest i. the development of such options.

I'm excited that there's a greater burdon on me for choices. I honestly don't know which I favor more, and given which motorsport greater gets my juices going, I think I may have a stronger lean toward an A6. Given I think I can get a better bang-for-the-buck ET-wise with a big stall and DRs, AND not have to worry as much about smog, I think I can get closer to the 10s without beating on the drivelind as much with a stick and a lot more power. Considering the gains from a big stall and my goal, I think I know, but I also know I won't have quite as much fun as powershifting thru four gears down the 1320'.

I'm happy there's an option and for those that aren't, the choice for me doesn't hurt them. They better be a good driver to go around a stalldd ZL1 on DRs though

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:01 PM   #23
OldScoolCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarrzz View Post

Off topic, but I just have to say, Shu, that IBM in your sig looks like sex on wheels.

Verrah nice.

PS People who overindulge in discussions of the ignorant attitudes of irrelevant people are in danger of themselves losing relevancy.

OldSchool has the right idea. Subject complete here, I'm off to drool about horsepower or something.

Agreed Scarrzz, nuff said, movin on......
Old 08-17-2011, 05:02 PM   #24
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT

Last edited by ShnOmac; 08-17-2011 at 06:42 PM.
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:04 PM   #25
Shu71

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarrzz View Post

Verrah nice.

Thank you. Oh and if you think the manual vs auto ZL1 attacks are bad, drive a V6. I've had mine for maybe 4 months or so and the absolute first question out of anyones mouth after complimenting the color is "does it have the 'big' engine"? I always say simply "nope". and you would never believe the things that come after that. Even though they just stepped out of a vehicle not near as nice. I ride a Harley Sportster and get the same crap from people who don't even own a motorcycle, have never ridden one and even from the big twin riders trying to stroke their own egos so I am used to it. My daughter just this weekend said, "Dad, why not just tell them it does have the V8"? I replied, "because it doesn't and I am not ashamed of it. This is what I wanted for the purpose I need a car and I don't see them getting out of anything as nice, so I really don't care".
Old 08-17-2011, 05:04 PM   #26
hv92

Quote:
...as I suspected....and you have chosen to prove your ignorance in your own hand. "Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise". LOL
rrigghhhtttt...
Old 08-17-2011, 07:59 PM   #27
BoeTieBob

Drives: 2005 Infiniti G35
BoeTieBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:12 PM   #28
blufin

Drives: Fire Engine
It doesn't bother me at all that there's gonna be an option for A6. This will only help sales. As for us M6 guys having too give up 2-3 tenths, I think in the right hands, the M6will be just as quick as the A6.
Sold
blufin is offline   Reply With Quote