Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Exterior Parts & Accessories

Old 06-04-2012, 07:26 PM   #1
ForceFed

Drives: Trailblazer SS
Full Carbon Fiber and Carbon with Colored Kevlar Finned Valances - SS/RS bumper

What I have here are three very Rare Prototype items. We were developing these for the new generation Camaro since there are none available in the market anywhere. These are full Cabon Fiber and Kevlar rear valance inserts for the 2010 Camaro SS and RS stock bumpers. These will mount where your factory plain black plastic bumper is. We started this project with intention of going into full production and due to builder/finisher differences, these were the only three produced. I have multiple pictures I'll be happy to send via text or email of the parts, but these are something you will not find anywhere else.

I have the following available:
- Full 2x2 Twill Carbon Fiber version (***SOLD***$650 Shipped $600 picked up)
- Carbon Fiber with Yellow Kevlar Fins ($450 SHIPPED $400 picked up)
- Carbon fiber with Red Kevlar Fins ($650/SOLD)

Both the Full and Red Versions are bolt on ready as they will be sold. The yellow is also bolt in ready with the need of a small bracket fabricated. Great for a DIY guy. I'll explain further about the yellow if your interested in it. Contact me. All three require minor modification of the factory bumper, but do not interfere with putting the car back to stock if so desired.

I have them priced above as stated, these are for local pickup only in Dayton, OH 45410 only.
NO SHIPPING at this time.
Serious Interest only
PM me for more info.
This is a Rare item I was working on but did not continue the project due to differences with the builder.

Last edited by ForceFed; 09-24-2012 at 11:45 AM.
ForceFed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:01 PM   #2
camaro2rs
Account Suspended

Drives: camaro
make a quad one and u have one sold
camaro2rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:05 PM   #3
ForceFed

I'm not making anything else, this is all I have. Sorry.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:47 AM   #4
Falundir

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE - Hyper Blue, P85DL
I just wanted to say that those are very beautiful and looks like you did an amazing job. It is a huge loss to the community that you were not able to mass produce to get the price down.
Falundir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:54 AM   #5
Tom D

Drives: 10 Camaro SS/RS RJT
Did you get my PM? I know you have had an issue with shipping but I have worked it out for a family member to drive over from Columbus to pick the red one up. He will ship it to me. Need your address. I already have your number from us texting last week. Thanks
2010 2SS/RS RJT, ADM CAI, Borla Shorties, Borla "S" Cat Back, Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GMS Wires, GMS Rear Trailing Arms, GMS Rotors, GMS End Links, GMS Tunnel Brace, GMS Rear Tie Rods, GMS 1G Suspension Package, GMS Stage 3 CNC ported heads, GMS Spec'd R12 Custom Ground Camshaft, Snow Meth Injection, GMS Custom Tuned, Norris Catch Can, MTI Brake Lines, Pfadt Coilovers, Sway Bars, Camber Kit, and Rear LCA Reinforcement, , AAC Footwell, Trunk, DRL and Dome LED Lighting, Technostalgia Tail Lights, RED B/A Pedals, Kompression Custom Wheels with Nitto tires, 621RWHP/584RWTQ
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:56 AM   #6
ForceFed

Bump it up.... Still looking for a buyer for the yellow and full carbon versions.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:18 PM   #7
SSbrtrg

Drives: 2010 2SS 6spd
Gosh I wish I had the money for the full. Good luck with the sale!
Old 06-06-2012, 12:30 PM   #8
1SoCalGen5SS

Drives: 2010 SS
I will vouch for ForceFed, his post count may be low here but he has been a contributor over on TBSSowners dot com for some time. You guys will not be disappointed with the product
1SoCalGen5SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:43 AM   #9
ForceFed

Thanks...even though I dont recognize your screen name here.

And I really thought with all the camaro owners out there that these would be gone quick....looks to be different though.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:56 AM   #10
Falundir

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE - Hyper Blue, P85DL
From my viewpoint...

These are beautiful items and very few wouldn't want them. The price is just a deal breaker for most ignoring the local pickup issue. Please know that I'm not saying it is a bad price as I understand the cost to manufacture in low numbers is very high.

Personally, I want one but the $700 is just more than I'm willing to spend when I can hydro for half.
Falundir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:37 AM   #11
alanhurst
Master Chief

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falundir View Post
From my viewpoint...

These are beautiful items and very few wouldn't want them. The price is just a deal breaker for most ignoring the local pickup issue. Please know that I'm not saying it is a bad price as I understand the cost to manufacture in low numbers is very high.

Personally, I want one but the $700 is just more than I'm willing to spend when I can hydro for half.
Ya and the flat "no shipping" thing is gonna be a dealbreaker for most of the people here.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:44 AM   #12
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
I'd love the full if you decide to ship.

Sent from the rocket in my pocket, my all powerful DROID BIONIC.
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:52 PM   #13
ForceFed

I know the price is a lot, but not when you compare it to other Carbon fiber parts. Hydro dipping is ok for some stuff, but dipped CF looks very cheap to me and you'd still have the labor of smoothing the factory part to eliminate the rough texture. As for shipping, I can do it, but to properly package, insure and ship I'm sure is easily gonna be $75-100 for this large but very light piece as I would let a packing place do it all so they assume the liability of breakage. If someone wants to pay that for shipping I'm all game, but remember, these are prototype parts, only ever test fit on a bumper, I can offer no installation help to anyone not local and sales are final once they leave because of the price of shipping. It's just easier with a local guy because they can put their hands on it and see it before they buy it. And if abutting arrises during installation I can help. That's my only concern. If someone is willing to work on my terms, then I'll work with them.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:33 PM   #14
Tom D

Drives: 10 Camaro SS/RS RJT
He's working with me on the red. And I'm in Ca.
2010 2SS/RS RJT, ADM CAI, Borla Shorties, Borla "S" Cat Back, Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GMS Wires, GMS Rear Trailing Arms, GMS Rotors, GMS End Links, GMS Tunnel Brace, GMS Rear Tie Rods, GMS 1G Suspension Package, GMS Stage 3 CNC ported heads, GMS Spec'd R12 Custom Ground Camshaft, Snow Meth Injection, GMS Custom Tuned, Norris Catch Can, MTI Brake Lines, Pfadt Coilovers, Sway Bars, Camber Kit, and Rear LCA Reinforcement, , AAC Footwell, Trunk, DRL and Dome LED Lighting, Technostalgia Tail Lights, RED B/A Pedals, Kompression Custom Wheels with Nitto tires, 621RWHP/584RWTQ
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote