Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 02-29-2016, 03:46 PM   #1
Billy10mm

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
On a closed course - in Mexico

To all those wonderful street racers out there.

I'm sure both of the drivers involved routinely boasted about their "kills" on their respective forums. The men who called them out for being the moronic shit-tards that they were, I'm sure were told that all of their street racing is done on closed roads, with no one around, at legal speeds, in Mexico, and all the other bullshit that these types of half-wits spew from their mouths and keyboards.

http://jalopnik.com/idiot-street-rac...=1456768122564

I hope both drivers end up with 3 counts of Man-1 each to be served consecutively.
Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 04:14 PM   #2
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
I couldn't imagine street racing, me personally i have too much to lose. It's just a shame that this stuff happens. Believe no one likes SPEED more then me, but there are places for me to get my fix. Silverstate-the track. Speaking of Silverstate, im going to be posting a thread around June, for the Sept running of Silverstate, let's hope we get a bunch of C5'rs out there with me.
Old 02-29-2016, 04:24 PM   #3
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1SS/1LE
Stupid, selfish assholes.....I see it all the time in the Phoenix area, and driving any high performance car brings these idiots to my car door nearly every time I'm out. Tragic, what more can you say...

On a side note, watch the John Oliver piece on Donald "Drumpf" Trump that's in the link. It is freaking spot on, and hilarious!! When are his supporters gonna wake up? Sorry, not trying to derail the OP's thread.....
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

ADM LSA Stage II, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, Mishimoto radiator and oil cooler, BC Racing ER Series CO's, JPSS 32mm Black Magic rear bar, JPSS front inserts, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, Schroth ASM harness, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, Tuned by NicD, at Cordes Performance Racing.
Olddudesrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 04:34 PM   #4
ghosted
BCS Auto

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LS
Street racing...at 85-90 mph.

BCS Auto on Facebook - - - Follow me on Instagram @datv6tho & @officialbcsauto
ghosted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 05:01 PM   #5
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosted View Post
Street racing...at 85-90 mph.
On an interstate
Old 02-29-2016, 05:13 PM   #6
Schluney

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
Hopefully they both end up someone's b**ch in prison! If you want to drive your car fast do it somewhere you can't kill innocent people with your incompetence!
Old 02-29-2016, 05:41 PM   #7
ghosted
BCS Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams76 View Post
On an interstate
Considering 75mph is the speed limit here in AZ, and 85mph is a common speed for many drivers...

Old 02-29-2016, 09:08 PM   #8
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy10mm View Post
To all those wonderful street racers out there.

I'm sure both of the drivers involved routinely boasted about their "kills" on their respective forums. The men who called them out for being the moronic shit-tards that they were, I'm sure were told that all of their street racing is done on closed roads, with no one around, at legal speeds, in Mexico, and all the other bullshit that these types of half-wits spew from their mouths and keyboards.

http://jalopnik.com/idiot-street-rac...=1456768122564

I hope both drivers end up with 3 counts of Man-1 each to be served consecutively.
Just like a gun, a car is a weapon, albeit there are different classes as such, and for me, this is not debatable.

I believe, last I heard, and correct me if I'm wrong, give or take a couple thou, deaths from either "weapon", firearm or car, are about equal in the USA.

The end user is at fault in both cases, very rarely the equipment.

Education(yes I mean mandatory, more in-depth, disciplined training) is key. Even if this means higher failure rates, and people rendered carless, but this will not be good for the government coiffures .

We can't have it both ways you know. A lethal weapon is a lethal weapon, the numbers do not lie, but hypocrisy reigns supreme.

All we can do is watch, and shake our fists in the air in disbelief.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 07:46 AM   #9
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Considering 75mph is the speed limit here in AZ, and 85mph is a common speed for many drivers...
Yeah 85 is extremely common for highway/interstate speed in FL too. 70 is the speed limit for most of I-75. I do 9 over when I'm on the interstate so I would be crusing at 79.MPH and people would still fly by me like I was standing still. Speed limit jumps to 75, i would do 84.
Old 03-01-2016, 07:50 AM   #10
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
Just like a gun, a car is a weapon, albeit there are different classes as such, and for me, this is not debatable.

I believe, last I heard, and correct me if I'm wrong, give or take a couple thou, deaths from either "weapon", firearm or car, are about equal in the USA.

The end user is at fault in both cases, very rarely the equipment.

Education(yes I mean mandatory, more in-depth, disciplined training) is key. Even if this means higher failure rates, and people rendered carless, but this will not be good for the government coiffures .

We can't have it both ways you know. A lethal weapon is a lethal weapon, the numbers do not lie, but hypocrisy reigns supreme.

All we can do is watch, and shake our fists in the air in disbelief.
At the risk of sounding insensitive, street racing (and murder for that matter since you brought it up) is already illegal. Government can't teach people not to break the law. Bringing up good people is solely on the shoulders of the parents who bring them into this world and even then there is no guarantee. There are enough laws already restricting what I can and can't do due to people unable to behave themselves in a civilized way and enough people begging for government to further restrict our lives. Its sad that these people lost their lives due to other peoples negligence but please, calling for more government only makes the rest of us poorer come payday when 1/3 of our check goes to pay for it all.
Thor142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 07:50 AM   #11
ghosted
BCS Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor142 View Post
At the risk of sounding insensitive, street racing (and murder for that matter since you brought it up) is already illegal. Government can't teach people not to break the law. Bringing up good people is solely on the shoulders of the parents who bring them into this world and even then there is no guarantee. There are enough laws already restricting what I can and can't do due to people unable to behave themselves in a civilized way and enough people begging for government to further restrict our lives. Its sad that these people lost their lives due to other peoples negligence but please, calling for more government only makes the rest of us poorer come payday when 1/3 of our check goes to pay for it all.
Well said.

Old 03-01-2016, 08:35 AM   #12
cdb95z28

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE A10 BCD WCT+PDR
Quote:
Well said.
I agree.

Evil and irresponsibility cannot be legislated out of society
Old 03-01-2016, 08:56 AM   #13
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor142 View Post
I think you blokes misunderstood me.

I'm calling for more intensive drivers education.

I'm a pilot as well btw, so I think you must respect my view on this as well ; ).

I'm probably the biggest critique on government intrusion on here, but you wouldn't know it.

Other more significant topics to discuss gov intrusion, not drivers Ed, which is a state by state thing anyways and not federal.

Anyone here who believes your drivers education course is sufficient, is in my view, calling themselves out .

I understand your point too, but if we leave your theory as is, then go on enjoying cell phone related, acing, etc, YouTube related incidents, for the rest of time, and your viewing enjoyment.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 09:57 AM   #14
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
I think you blokes misunderstood me.

I'm calling for more intensive drivers education.

I'm a pilot as well btw, so I think you must respect my view on this as well ; ).

I'm probably the biggest critique on government intrusion on here, but you wouldn't know it.

Other more significant topics to discuss gov intrusion, not drivers Ed, which is a state by state thing anyways and not federal.

Anyone here who believes your drivers education course is sufficient, is in my view, calling themselves out .

I understand your point too, but if we leave your theory as is, then go on enjoying cell phone related, acing, etc, YouTube related incidents, for the rest of time, and your viewing enjoyment.
I think I'm well aware of what you're calling for. You're entitled to your opinion.
Thor142 is offline   Reply With Quote