Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 02-27-2017, 07:45 PM   #1
FieroItaliano85

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS L99
LSA conversion problem

I installed my new tune after I did the LSA conversion yesterday. It runs great for about 5 seconds. Then the car runs very rough but I get no check engine lights. The car will not respond to pushing the throttle down, it just makes the car bog and want to die out (sometimes actually does). Has anyone experienced a similar issue and know the fix? Everything is installed where it should be. I emailed my tuner a data log of what it's doing just waiting for an answer. Any help would be great.
Old 02-27-2017, 08:16 PM   #2
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Verify the tune first. Did you install anything else at the same time? Did you get the plug n play connectors or did you solder the wires? Are you sure your getting enough fuel?

Double check and make sure no vacuum leaks also...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 08:44 PM   #3
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
Quote:
Originally Posted by FieroItaliano85 View Post
I installed my new tune after I did the LSA conversion yesterday. It runs great for about 5 seconds. Then the car runs very rough but I get no check engine lights. The car will not respond to pushing the throttle down, it just makes the car bog and want to die out (sometimes actually does). Has anyone experienced a similar issue and know the fix? Everything is installed where it should be. I emailed my tuner a data log of what it's doing just waiting for an answer. Any help would be great.
3 COMMON MISTAKES

1. Customer has ZL1 Map sensor in use and the tuner did not make the proper changes to the cal for this sensor, or just the other way around.
2. Maf is installed backwards.
3. Wrong map sensor plugged in,The barometric sensor is in the lid forward driver side as is open to the atmosphere,take it out and sell it on ebay
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 08:53 PM   #4
FieroItaliano85

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
Verify the tune first. Did you install anything else at the same time? Did you get the plug n play connectors or did you solder the wires? Are you sure your getting enough fuel?

Double check and make sure no vacuum leaks also...

-Don
They were plug and play, we did have to soder the wires tho. It is getting enough fuel for sure. I don't believe any vacuum leaks either.
Old 02-27-2017, 08:57 PM   #5
FieroItaliano85

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE View Post
3 COMMON MISTAKES

1. Customer has ZL1 Map sensor in use and the tuner did not make the proper changes to the cal for this sensor, or just the other way around.
2. Maf is installed backwards.
3. Wrong map sensor plugged in,The barometric sensor is in the lid forward driver side as is open to the atmosphere,take it out and sell it on ebay
The zl1 map is definitely plugged in. I'll double check the maf but I'm pretty sure that's correct. I have my tuner checking into the issue. Just wanted feedback from guys who may have encountered a similar situation. Thank you! I'll look into these matters