Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-22-2008, 10:00 AM   #1
MotionIII

Drives: 68 ChevyII Nova SS
2010 Baldwin Motion Camaro possibility....

I asked the question of this occuring to Joel and here is the response I recieved:

Thanks for your interest in Baldwin Motion. Joel had forwarded your email to me last week and I wanted to get back to you on your request.
We have been working for the past 9 months to come up with a suitable package that would excite past and present Baldwin Motion owners and fans into embracing the new 2010 Phase III Baldwin Motion Camaro, and have some very powerful and exhilarating concepts.
A lot of press has been written about the new Chevy Camaro but no availability of cars has been made to any dealers as of this writing, nor has there been any offer from GM to advance cars to specialty builders such as ourselves for inspection and measurement- ultimately to modify.
Given what we do know already it would be extremely helpful for us to learn what your timing is on your initial purchase. Our thoughts are that you would need to buy an SS or an RS/SS equipped car, (if it is offered), so that the best possible suspension, bigger brakes, differential, and sway bars are in place. That would seem a logical base car for a Baldwin Motion package. We can replace many various body parts, suspension and engine components as the customer desires; however in the final analysis it is the individual client who decides what level of enhancement he can afford. Our plans are to build nothing short of THE ultimate 2010 Camaro in the Baldwin Motion tradition.
Feel free to call me directly on my cell phone to have a friendly discourse about your Camaro plans.
The historic impact of a new 2010 Baldwin Motion car is considered by many nothing less than “a highly collectible” rarefied event, as we would only develop these in a limited edition format. Being one of the first customers to obtain one of our low numbered, hand signed cars would certainly have its benefits.
Thanks again for your interest.
Regards,

Larry

Lawrence M. Jaworske
CEO
Motion LLC.

:party0038:
MotionIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:05 AM   #2
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Old 09-22-2008, 10:08 AM   #3
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
That's incredibly encouraging.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:53 AM   #4
IROCZJEFF

Drives: 69Z 70Z 85IROC-Z 911LE 97 SS
I am 100% interested in this car! I was considering a Mallett Camaro but this may work better for my collection. I will be in contact with you. Thanks, Jeff
IROCZJEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 05:24 PM   #5
r1doc

Drives: 2004 volvo
I contacted BW about 1 month ago about this. The reply was similar. I'm interested to see what they come up with as I am interested.
r1doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 05:33 PM   #6
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
How about a Phase III with an LS9?

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 05:34 PM   #7
radz28
Petro-sexual

OH, and side exit exhaust with molded rocker moldings like back in the day (okay-I guess they were sidepipes, not exits...)

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 09-24-2008, 05:36 PM   #8
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
my thing is that it costs so much, ill be able to put together something for much less with the same or better performance
Old 09-24-2008, 05:40 PM   #9
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
my thing is that it costs so much, ill be able to put together something for much less with the same or better performance
True. IMVHO, that yellow reproduction '69 they did with a big block and flared everything was just overboard. That's just me.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 09-24-2008, 05:43 PM   #10
headpunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
True. IMVHO, that yellow reproduction '69 they did with a big block and flared everything was just overboard. That's just me.
i looked at that red 69 they did for reggie jackson and i cant look at it and enjoy it because its all flared and lost the look of the original car.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:16 PM   #11
bouncertime
Miller High Life

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1, 2017 Colorado Z71
Quote:
i looked at that red 69 they did for reggie jackson and i cant look at it and enjoy it because its all flared and lost the look of the original car.
Are you talking about this one, cause I agreed with you until I saw it in person. It is a bad ass car in person and line look just right.
Attached Images

Last edited by bouncertime; 09-24-2008 at 08:34 PM.
bouncertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 06:27 PM   #12
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
I think I've seen that one, and liked it. This yellow one I'm thinking of was just egregeous!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 09-24-2008, 06:51 PM   #13
headpunter

i made a mistake it wasnt the reggie jackson car it was this one, the rear quarter looks silly and the inside of the wheel wells painted red makes me not like it, but thats just me
Old 04-23-2009, 01:47 PM   #14
Diognes56

Drives: 1956 Bel Air, 2000 Camaro
Have you guys released any images for your 2010 yet? Looking forward to seeing what you do.

David
Diognes56 is offline   Reply With Quote