Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-27-2015, 10:32 PM   #2073
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
If you want some workouts to do visit Crossfit Mayhems website. They are all listed. Although today's was just running :-(

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 10:36 PM   #2074
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro
Crossfit Invictus posts theirs daily as well and they have three different programming levels.

I jump on their if I ever want to change it up. But my current conditioning sessions are very much set up like a Wod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 10:43 PM   #2075
b4cz28
TX SS

Drives: 2014 RS/2SS
Cross fit sucks...I went to a couple of different gyms when it first came out big and it was like taking a step back. If you want to get stronger lift weights, if you want endurance, hit the tread mill. Want to destroy your body...cross fit. Body building has already perfected getting stronger....nope I'm going to lift this weight thingy over my head one billion times and wreck my rotator.

Watch the video

http://youtu.be/qnjYyfkcaNI
b4cz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 09:11 AM   #2076
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossbunny View Post
Hi guys! My name is Jaren, I'm a former crossfit athlete turned body builder. Just finished my cut down from 144 to 122, and now working on a slow reverse diet to get my calories/carbs back up while trying to stay under 130 so I can be in a good place to prep do a competition in the spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Jaren! Hope you do well this spring. Sounds like you got yourself a good solid training team.

I'm a Texas girl too - Corpus! I've been lifting for decades, but not a competitor. I just enjoy staying in shape. I'm tiny as well, got the body of a female gymnast, although more like team China or Japan. The American girls are very very thick with massive legs. I'm more proportionate.

I give you Big Props for your bodybuilding goals. It takes wicked dedication and discipline. Keep us posted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 10:13 AM   #2077
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4cz28 View Post
Cross fit sucks...I went to a couple of different gyms when it first came out big and it was like taking a step back. If you want to get stronger lift weights, if you want endurance, hit the tread mill. Want to destroy your body...cross fit. Body building has already perfected getting stronger....nope I'm going to lift this weight thingy over my head one billion times and wreck my rotator.
I don't know where to begin so I'll just leave it as the only accurate things in your post are in bold.

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 09-08-2015, 07:05 PM   #2078
joelster

Drives: '94 Z28+ '15 Z/28
I bought myself a slingshot last week. Tried it out twice so far. Both workout were terrible (not related to the slingshot), but I can see how it will help me push through some plateaus. How many of you guys have used one?
1979 Y84 Trans Am
1986 IROC-Z
joelster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 06:52 AM   #2079
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelster View Post
I bought myself a slingshot last week. Tried it out twice so far. Both workout were terrible (not related to the slingshot), but I can see how it will help me push through some plateaus. How many of you guys have used one?
not I.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 11:25 AM   #2080
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelster View Post
I never have. Monique has one and uses it frequently. It's a great training tool.

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 09-09-2015, 11:51 AM   #2081
digdeep0169

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th Anniversary
I'm neither a powerlifter or bodybuilder... but I am a follower of the Fitness Industry.

I have many friends who compete both men & women. they are invaluable resources!
Olympia is just around the corner - i hope to see Phil Heath get #5 win. great guy.

I'm 5'10" 145lb volleyball player and I swear its all diet (down from 168). what you put in the tank makes a difference. I won't say I'm actually on a diet, it's just that I eat soo clean... i exercise regularly at home (never been to the gym) i plyometric train in the sand, then play sand vball for hours! Sometimes i'll supplement with Iso Whey... but i rely mostly on my foods 5-6x/day. Water? Drink LOTS of it!

I do drink BCAAs and Cellucor.

44yrs old in great shape competing with the 20yr olds

~ 2012 SS ~
digdeep0169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 05:54 AM   #2082
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Quote:
Originally Posted by digdeep0169 View Post
I'm neither a powerlifter or bodybuilder...
we can fix that if you hang around long enough. .....
Old 09-10-2015, 10:14 AM   #2083
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
we can fix that if you hang around long enough. .....
Old 09-10-2015, 11:55 AM   #2084
Normagene

Quote:
Originally Posted by digdeep0169 View Post
I'm neither a powerlifter or bodybuilder... but I am a follower of the Fitness Industry.

I have many friends who compete both men & women. they are invaluable resources!
Olympia is just around the corner - i hope to see Phil Heath get #5 win. great guy.

I'm 5'10" 145lb volleyball player and I swear its all diet (down from 168). what you put in the tank makes a difference. I won't say I'm actually on a diet, it's just that I eat soo clean... i exercise regularly at home (never been to the gym) i plyometric train in the sand, then play sand vball for hours! Sometimes i'll supplement with Iso Whey... but i rely mostly on my foods 5-6x/day. Water? Drink LOTS of it!

I do drink BCAAs and Cellucor.

44yrs old in great shape competing with the 20yr olds

Outstanding! Very few in their 40s can compete with guys half their age. You'd probably do really well trying out on American Ninja Warrior. Although beware, it's known to be highly addictive. LOL

Those who compete are at the top of their game, pro athletes, former Olympic, even gold medal winners, and fitness fanatics from every field.

It's funny when some big cartoonish muscle head tries out. They can bench 400/500/600 pounds in the gym, but on an obstacle course that demands endurance, strength, balance and coordination, forget about it. It's comical how fast they run out of fuel.

Guys like you do exceptionally well. Fly threw the course and barely break a sweat. It will test you to your limit, no doubt about that, so it's something you might want to check out.

Old 09-10-2015, 12:58 PM   #2085
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normagene View Post
It's funny when some big cartoonish muscle head tries out. They can bench 400/500/600 pounds in the gym, but on an obstacle course that demands endurance, strength, balance and coordination, forget about it. It's comical how fast they run out of fuel.

did you just say guys that can bench 500+ lbs in the gym but can't do "...endurance, strength, balance and coordination"? I bolded that due to needing a better understanding of what you meant. I'm sure that big cartoonish muscle head has strength, balance and coordination. Now Endurance, yeah, they don't train for that, no need to, no demand for it in what their goals are.

I kind of know what you were hinting at, as their body types are not meant for that challenge (like his). Just like digdeep does not have the body type for my goals in the gym. To me, he looks like he hasn't eaten in weeks and someone should make him a big meal.
Old 09-10-2015, 01:14 PM   #2086
Normagene

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
did you just say guys that can bench 500+ lbs in the gym but can't do "...endurance, strength, balance and coordination"? I bolded that due to needing a better understanding of what you meant. I'm sure that big cartoonish muscle head has strength, balance and coordination. Now Endurance, yeah, they don't train for that, no need to, no demand for it in what their goals are.

I kind of know what you were hinting at, as their body types are not meant for that challenge (like his). Just like digdeep does not have the body type for my goals in the gym. To me, he looks like he hasn't eaten in weeks and someone should make him a big meal.

I hear ya, different goals for different sports/events. It's funny though how we now perceive body sizes. We are so use to seeing people overweight that most think it's normal. But grab any medical standards for ideal body weights, and we are suppose to be what we now call "skinny". A 5'10" male, medium frame should weight no more than 160 pounds. That's medically considered "ideal".

I remember a friend of mine whom was drafted (Vietnam) but failed to meet the standards. He was considered overweight, he was a body builder w/12% BF. 5'11" 230 pounds. Crazy???

Pretty crazy how out of the "norm" we see things today. But that's how it works, you see overweight people for a few decades and that's what thought of as normal. But truth be told It's Not normal at all. Americans are the FATTEST PEOPLE ON THE PLANET.

Grade school kids having heart attacks and diabetes. Now that's really crazy.

Sure this guy is thin, skinny by bodybuilding standards, but he'll most likely have a long healthy life. Probably with minimal aches and pains that slinging heavy weights cause. And carrying excessive amounts of muscle is also very tasking on the body/organs. Look at how many of these big guys drop dead of heart attacks. Some while lifting. Yikes.

Personally I love lifting. Not heavy anymore, you don't recover as well as when you're young. But I love a good strenuous workout!