Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 04-18-2010, 04:21 PM   #1
Booneabal

Drives: 2LT RS Rally Yellow
Camaro in the North-East (CT)

I live in Miami now but probably coming back to Connecticut for a job. I love my Camaro and I am wondering whether I can realistically drive it all year up there. It is my daily driver down here...

Advice?
Booneabal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 04:33 PM   #2
ct06gto

Drives: 06 quicksilver m6 gto
I dont drive my car in winter but there are people that do. A good set of snow tires is a must. Where in Ct are you moving to?
Torquer 2 cam, tfs 225 heads port matched with fast 92,kooks coated headers,kooks axle backs, svede intake, 391's, harrop diff cover, fast 46lb injectors, fast fuel rails,bc racing coil overs with misc pedders bushings,u/d pulley, ls7 clutch, gmm rip shifter, hendrix axle,hp tuners
ct06gto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 04:40 PM   #3
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
Didn't know you were over here!

I drive my GTO all year round, got a good set of snow tires and it's rarely an issue.
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:34 PM   #4
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@WretchedMS View Post
Didn't know you were over here!

I drive my GTO all year round, got a good set of snow tires and it's rarely an issue.
The V6 with all seasons is good to go cause its equally balanced 50/50 front , rear.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:52 PM   #5
Booneabal

Thanks for the responses, I will be in Stamford driving to Norwalk daily.
Bigger issue is that my condo doesn't have a garage! I'm gonna have to do something about that, scraping snow & ice off my Rally Yellow Camaro will kill the paint...
Anyway, I used to live up there so I look forward to some great driving to the upstate new york wineries e.t.c.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:38 PM   #6
camaro4mybday
"Camaro Joe"

Drives: 2010 SILVER ICE 2LT/RS CAMARO
Send a message via AIM to camaro4mybday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booneabal View Post
Bigger issue is that my condo doesn't have a garage! I'm gonna have to do something about that, scraping snow & ice off my Rally Yellow Camaro will kill the paint...
Anyway, I used to live up there so I look forward to some great driving to the upstate new york wineries e.t.c.

i plan to daily drive it 80 miles a day, 2lt rs just like you, nice set of snow tires and your set from what i hear, its really good in the snow for what it is
camaro4mybday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:45 AM   #7
Booneabal

Thanks guys, I was scared I'd be driving a Yugo for the deep winter months.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:31 AM   #8
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
lol, there is a guy in town here with a Yugo setup for rally, it's all stickered up. lol
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:05 AM   #9
irocnroll

Drives: '91 RS Vert, '11 Grand Cherokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booneabal View Post
The shore usually isnt hit as bad as the higher regions in CT. Also i found the best bet for snow removal is using one of those car wash wands used for campers and larger trucks. You just push the snow off with it instead of using the snow brushes. The brushes have hard bristles that can scratch the paint. The brushes are usually soft and wont scratch. Also just push enough of the snow off and let the engine and cab melt the rest off. I never push off down the paint. Always leave a thin layer of snow on it.
irocnroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:11 PM   #10
voyager77

Drives: 2000 T/A
I got a set of 18" bolt on snows from Tirerack. I live in the NW hills and had the summer only tires so it wasn't much of a decision. Drives well in snow with the snow tires, they make all the difference. You might be able to get away with all season tires in Norwalk area.
voyager77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:16 PM   #11
ssjoe
Ollie

Drives: 02 Subrbn/94 Prizm/10 SSRS :)
I used to work in Stamford. They don't get as much snow as Northern, CT. Salt will kill the car though. I would consider getting a beater for the winter months.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:11 PM   #12
andyscozz

Drives: CGM 2SS
I'm in norwalk area, but haven't driven in the snow yet. Just picked mine up in February. Welcome back...
andyscozz is offline   Reply With Quote