Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-04-2009, 06:32 PM   #71
revron

Drives: camaro 2lt rs auto silver
Ok I reset The fuses. Did a couple more runs and the times were 6.3 and 6.4. No change. Temp taken on the inlet tube by the senser when I got home was 89.4*.

scrming
I have a question when stock the car had a slight hesitation off the line, I put the magnaflow muffs on and it was almost gone, now with the cai its back and this is what is slowing me down by a few tenths. Any ideas???? Also running rich t pipes are black.
Thanks
Ron
revron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 06:44 PM   #72
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by revron View Post
Ok I reset The fuses. Did a couple more runs and the times were 6.3 and 6.4. No change. Temp taken on the inlet tube by the senser when I got home was 89.4*.

scrming
I have a question when stock the car had a slight hesitation off the line, I put the magnaflow muffs on and it was almost gone, now with the cai its back and this is what is slowing me down by a few tenths. Any ideas???? Also running rich t pipes are black.
Thanks
Ron
hmmm...... not exactly sure on the hesitation... Have to think about one...

as for the pipes... the LLT motor definitely runs naturally on the rich side... My pipes are black too.. thing is so are the tips on my wife's Acadia which has the LLT motor also... here's aren't quite a black but I was surprised how sooty they got soon after we bought it...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 06:49 PM   #73
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:

scrming
Thanks
Ron
Ok... how are you launching?
Old 11-04-2009, 06:51 PM   #74
67 GTO
13.453 @ 101.90

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
Tips get black on mine as well.
67 GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 07:48 PM   #75
97one

Drives: 2016 & 1967 Camaro, 2015 Impala, +1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 GTO View Post
Tips get black on mine as well.

Mine are black also......................................

97one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:03 PM   #76
Beauwulf

Drives: '10 LT RS A6 & '04 Acura RSX Type S
You just have to feather the throttle out of the hole a little. Just stomping the throttle with the CAI and no tune leans it out a bit till the O2 sensor catches up....
Old 11-04-2009, 08:11 PM   #77
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauwulf View Post
You just have to feather the throttle out of the hole a little. Just stomping the throttle with the CAI and no tune leans it out a bit till the O2 sensor catches up....
leaning it out shouldn't make it hesitate... just the opposite... lean should make a bit more power...
Old 11-04-2009, 08:17 PM   #78
Beauwulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
leaning it out shouldn't make it hesitate... just the opposite... lean should make a bit more power...
Not if it gulps more air than it can fuel.... if the AFR goes above say 15/1 it will stumble... remember accelerator pumps?

Does that Dashhawk have O2 readings?
Old 11-04-2009, 08:26 PM   #79
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Not if it gulps more air than it can fuel.... if the AFR goes above say 15/1 it will stumble... remember accelerator pumps?

Does that Dashhawk have O2 readings?
No... i don't have a way of monitoring AFR...

Don't think the air gulp theory is quite right... If you stomp on it, the car goes open loop so it's not even going to use the 02 sensors to adjust the fuel...
Old 11-04-2009, 08:43 PM   #80
Beauwulf

My Duc uses a piggyback ECU to adjust the fuel mapping. It also has an add on feature that simulates the accelerator pump found on carburated engines. It adds a shot of fuel when the throttle is whacked open to combat lean stumble. Even with the ability to re-map the fuel at any RPM and throttle position, the ECU can't adjust fueling fast enough to compensate for the all that air and the engine stumbles. With the accelerator pump function enabled, it will pull hard when you go WFO.

This would be more prevelant on the automatic as your not able to launch at as high an RPM as with the standard. With a tuner, hopefully, we will be able to adjust the fueling for acceleration at high TPS angles and enrich the mapping in the lower rev range to aleviate this condition.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:00 PM   #81
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
My Duc uses a piggyback ECU to adjust the fuel mapping. It also has an add on feature that simulates the accelerator pump found on carburated engines. It adds a shot of fuel when the throttle is whacked open to combat lean stumble. Even with the ability to re-map the fuel at any RPM and throttle position, the ECU can't adjust fueling fast enough to compensate for the all that air and the engine stumbles. With the accelerator pump function enabled, it will pull hard when you go WFO.

This would be more prevelant on the automatic as your not able to launch at as high an RPM as with the standard. With a tuner, hopefully, we will be able to adjust the fueling for acceleration at high TPS angles and enrich the mapping in the lower rev range to aleviate this condition.
I will say that when I try to stall the car up and launch, the car seem a bit hesitant... but if I flash the converter is friggin' just takes off..

Perhaps i'll have to break down and put an AFR meter in this winter...
Old 11-05-2009, 09:14 PM   #82
revron

When I take off I just stomp on the gas. I will try a little lighter take off.
I'm sure I am loosing at least a couple tenths because of the hesitation.
I do appreciate you all getting back to me, and I understand that a tune may help this but I thought the cars computer would adj for the hesitation.
Again thanks
Ron
Old 11-06-2009, 04:12 AM   #83
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
When I take off I just stomp on the gas. I will try a little lighter take off.
I'm sure I am loosing at least a couple tenths because of the hesitation.
I do appreciate you all getting back to me, and I understand that a tune may help this but I thought the cars computer would adj for the hesitation.
Again thanks
Ron
Do you use both feet? Left on the brake and right on the gas? Or do you just use your right foot?
Old 11-07-2009, 07:19 PM   #84
revron

scrming
I use both feet. I'm going to try different style launches on monday.
Thanks
Ron