Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 02-09-2011, 05:38 PM   #99
MillerTime
Blowin the doors off!

Drives: A 2013 SS RS 6M SR
Service advisor and tech had the car overnight to drive the car ice cold. Said it didn't grind at all for them and was smooth as silk... I'm pissed because I had to call him to find out 4 hours after they drove it.. #$%&U.... Picked up the car and went around the block.. **Grind** took it back to them and said lets go for a ride cause it just did it again to me. Tech goes with me and after 20 or so tries it FINALLY grinds.. Tech agreed that it shouldn't be grinding especially since the transmission was up to temp now. They are ordering parts and will call me when they come in... I'll letcha know what happens after i take it back to be fixed...

2G1FS1EWXD9163847

MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:02 AM   #100
SS Crush

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/LS3
Send a message via MSN to SS Crush
Quote:
Originally Posted by denster View Post
The 1st to 4th thing is because of the skip shift. Usually, that's the first thing people eliminate. Just get a skip shift eliminator and that will correct that. You can get them as cheap as $12 on ebay(brand new), or up to $30 at slp; same exact one.
Sorry, but this is not true. I didn't even notice mine doing it until after I had the skip shift installed. The module I got was from West Coast Camaro. I had to take it out when I took it up to the dealer and it did it, with or without.

Honestly, I had a good conversation with the dealer. He explained "without saying" that there is an issue with the first gear to 2nd. Chevy "may" come out with a fix someday but they are not "investigating" it in any detail. If enough people complain, maybe they would put more effort into it.

What he told me was that once it warms up it shouldn't happen. It doesn't.
I tried very hard to get it to happen once the TRANNY warmed up. You gotta watch the gauge.

The bottom line is, don't beat it while it's cold. let it warm up.
In the summertime, we probably won't ever notice it happening because it's warm....
2011 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS - 25% 3M Tint, SS Emblems F/R, Painted Engine Cover, Fuse Box & Taillight Bezels, Technostalgia Taillights, P13W Fog/DRL lights, DRL Harness, Pioneer AVIC 8200NEX, PAC Radio Kit, Pioneer cam (sux), Blue Footwell, Blue Map & Trunk Light, EPCO Orange Camaro SS Rally Shift Knob, Borla Atak Cat-Back Exhaust, Skip-Shift Eliminator, K/N, G2 Painted Calipers, StopTech slotted rotors, pads & stainless lines, Beltronics Ticket Notifier
SS Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:45 AM   #101
Rick@RKT56

Drives: Corvette
I just got the confirmation from my Tremec supplier that Tremec is making the carbon 2nd gear blocking ring ONLY and no other blockers. I still need to get a TR6060 trans in so I can order the updated 2nd gear blocking ring to see if in fact the new part # is made of carbon. I'll keep all posted.......
Old 02-11-2011, 06:25 PM   #102
mad@gm

Drives: was a 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick@RKT56 View Post
I just got the confirmation from my Tremec supplier that Tremec is making the carbon 2nd gear blocking ring ONLY and no other blockers. I still need to get a TR6060 trans in so I can order the updated 2nd gear blocking ring to see if in fact the new part # is made of carbon. I'll keep all posted.......
If you were closer to me I would give you mine tomorrow.
mad@gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 05:54 PM   #103
Tony Tomlinson

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by denster View Post
I have an update.... first off, i noticed that mine will do the grinding going from 1st to 2nd, using about 1/2 gas pedal and shifting at 3500 rpm. if you shift quickly, it will grind every time.

My 2011 SS did the exact same thing since new. I got the dealer to replace thr transmission @ 1000km. So far it has been good, I have only been able to put about 100km on since the replacement due to the winter weather...
Tony Tomlinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:08 AM   #104
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
I just picked my car up from the dealer. They replaced the entire transmission with a new one but the weather here sucks also so I won't know if it's any better till maybe next week! Mine had more of the notchy 2nd & 3rd gear shifting more so than grinding. I always backed off and never forced it if it didn't want to go into gear rather than grinding it by force. It might be another month or so before I have a real chance to play with it enough to know if it's better!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:34 PM   #105
6911Camaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Shifting issues 2011 Camaro 6.2 MT6

I have the same issues with my 2011 6.2 MT6 Camaro. Shifting from 1st to 2nd under high acceleration the transmission grinds and sometimes will not go into gear. This is very frustrating; at first I thought I was mis-shifting until I let others try it as well, same issue!! I also noticed when you shift at slower speeds sometimes from 1st to 2nd the shifter jumps to the right and you have to force second!! I will be going to the dealer this week to see how they respond to this issue, I have just over 3000 miles, and I trust GM will respond to correcting this issue.
6911Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:53 PM   #106
Vgav1221

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS/M6 Black w/ Orange Guts
i have it as well an i only have 3600 miles and my tramissions mounts are apparently worn..
Vgav1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:54 PM   #107
6911Camaro

Trans issues

Mike, who is the dealer and service manager, I would like to have some back up information when I go in this week. Thanks, you can e mail me at forklifts@chesnet.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
I just picked my car up from the dealer. They replaced the entire transmission with a new one but the weather here sucks also so I won't know if it's any better till maybe next week! Mine had more of the notchy 2nd & 3rd gear shifting more so than grinding. I always backed off and never forced it if it didn't want to go into gear rather than grinding it by force. It might be another month or so before I have a real chance to play with it enough to know if it's better!
Old 08-07-2011, 07:57 PM   #108
6911Camaro

Shifting Problems

Tony, can you give me the name of the dealership and the service manager, I am going in this week, thanks please e mail me @ forklifts@chesnet.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Tomlinson View Post
My 2011 SS did the exact same thing since new. I got the dealer to replace thr transmission @ 1000km. So far it has been good, I have only been able to put about 100km on since the replacement due to the winter weather...
Old 08-07-2011, 08:01 PM   #109
6911Camaro

Transmission Problems

Can you please send me the dealer and the name of the service manager who took care of you? forklifts@chesnet.net
I am going in this week to see what they say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_LoW29 View Post
I had the same issue on my 2010 v6 M6 I brought it to the dealer had the service manager take a ride with me duplicated the sound, they took it in ordered new 1st and 2nd syncronizers and now it doesnt do it at all. Plus after that issue I called customer service and complained asked them what they would do for me so they sent me a 60,000 mile 4 year warranty on top of my original warranty.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:57 AM   #110
6911Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6911Camaro View Post
Can you please send me the dealer and the name of the service manager who took care of you? forklifts@chesnet.net
I am going in this week to see what they say.
Went in and taked to service manager- he also drove the car, installing new sincs 1st and 2nd gear this week.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:13 PM   #111
SS Crush

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/LS3
Send a message via MSN to SS Crush
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6911Camaro View Post
I have the same issues with my 2011 6.2 MT6 Camaro. Shifting from 1st to 2nd under high acceleration the transmission grinds and sometimes will not go into gear. This is very frustrating; at first I thought I was mis-shifting until I let others try it as well, same issue!! I also noticed when you shift at slower speeds sometimes from 1st to 2nd the shifter jumps to the right and you have to force second!! I will be going to the dealer this week to see how they respond to this issue, I have just over 3000 miles, and I trust GM will respond to correcting this issue.
Jumping to the right is the skip shift. It's a deal Chevy made with the US government to not have to pay the gas guzzler tax, which would make the cars more expensive. Get a skip shift eliminator if you don't like it. Take it out if you go to the dealer.

As far as the tranny... Good luck... Dealers can't disobey the Chevy rules or they don't get paid for the warranty work they do. They'll eat it.. But if you get lucky and get it replaced, it will probably do the same thing.. Just warm your tranny up and you'll be surprised it doesn't happen... When it gets to 180, it's usually fine. I'm used to it, but it seriously irritated me in the beginning too... There may be a recall/fix someday but don't hold your breath..
2011 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS - 25% 3M Tint, SS Emblems F/R, Painted Engine Cover, Fuse Box & Taillight Bezels, Technostalgia Taillights, P13W Fog/DRL lights, DRL Harness, Pioneer AVIC 8200NEX, PAC Radio Kit, Pioneer cam (sux), Blue Footwell, Blue Map & Trunk Light, EPCO Orange Camaro SS Rally Shift Knob, Borla Atak Cat-Back Exhaust, Skip-Shift Eliminator, K/N, G2 Painted Calipers, StopTech slotted rotors, pads & stainless lines, Beltronics Ticket Notifier
SS Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:50 PM   #112
jtmiller92

Drives: 2011 1SS Camaro
I'm on the second trans, warmed up or not its a grinding machine.