Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 11-25-2011, 05:40 PM   #519
AzItaliaSS

Drives: 2010 2ss RJT LS3 GONE....
well it steered me away as well, I am in the same battle right now, with IVS about the havoc spoiler molding being uneven, so many problems with those of that have it, and I love how the vendor "RPI" seems to have all day to post sales and BS but yet cant return a phone call or address and email, Wonderful camaro5 guys getting screwed again, but do they care? what a joke
AzItaliaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:24 AM   #520
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzItaliaSS View Post
well it steered me away as well, I am in the same battle right now, with IVS about the havoc spoiler molding being uneven, so many problems with those of that have it, and I love how the vendor "RPI" seems to have all day to post sales and BS but yet cant return a phone call or address and email, Wonderful camaro5 guys getting screwed again, but do they care? what a joke
AZ,

Here is lies the problem with ordering over the internet and not doing business face to face. BUT I have bought a TON of stuff for my Camaro and with the exception of the wheels and one other thing I have been completely satisfied with Most vendors on here....The problem is if you do have an issue you can not get it resolved from some vendors like Savini and BFXAuto...they simply forget you and basically try to make you out as " That Guy" who can never be satisifed.

I had someone post in another thread I have that he thought I was being too particular and could never be satisifed. Once he found out the whole story he understood and apologized but the fact remains most people do not try and find out the whole story. The same goes for vendors who DO the right thing.

This thread was made to let people know of the issues with Savini wheels, and as you can see several have chimd in about their problems, but trust me there are many more that are having issues that have not posted anything, I have PM's from them telling me their problems. I do not say anything about those because it is a persons right not to say anything.

As fr aas the leaking tire pressures....I was TOLD by a tire installer that on these type of wheels they need to be filled with Nitrogen....Regular air tends to corrode the interior of the wheel over time and usually causes this problem....At the time I thought it was just a sales tactic but from PQ's problems and now mine are starting to leak down slowly I think they may have been right....Nitrogen is expensive and I have NEVER had to install it before on any wheel I purchased.....If this is a requirement, so be it, but at least tell the customer before they buy these wheels. Just another case of Savini screwing you around.

The last thing I would say is the do offer a 1 year warranty, but when you get no response from them you year quickly goes away........
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:34 AM   #521
comeinpeace

Drives: WHITE CONV.
an excellent way of judging ANY business is how you are treated-WHEN THERE IS A PROBLEM!
comeinpeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:46 AM   #522
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by comeinpeace View Post
an excellent way of judging ANY business is how you are treated-WHEN THERE IS A PROBLEM!
Well I can tell you from experience...Savini is a great big

FAIL
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 12:47 AM   #523
TrillChevyRyda

Drives: 2011 2SS Camaro/79 Caprice LS
this kinda stuff makes me worry about buying online..
Old 12-04-2011, 05:25 AM   #524
cam62

Drives: 2012 IBM Vert 2SS/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrillChevyRyda View Post
this kinda stuff makes me worry about buying online..
There are plenty of online vendors who service their customers well. You could just as easily have service problems buying from a "local".

As long as you do your research, search this forum and others, ask plenty of questions here, you should be able to find online vendors you are comfortable purchasing from.

This forum has been so helpful for me in determining who and who not to purchase from.

When it's time for new wheels, I know what brand it won't be. I won't take the chance of poor after sale service with high dollar items such as wheels.
cam62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:31 AM   #525
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam62 View Post
There are plenty of online vendors who service their customers well. You could just as easily have service problems buying from a "local".

As long as you do your research, search this forum and others, ask plenty of questions here, you should be able to find online vendors you are comfortable purchasing from.

This forum has been so helpful for me in determining who and who not to purchase from.

When it's time for new wheels, I know what brand it won't be. I won't take the chance of poor after sale service with high dollar items such as wheels.

+1

I just wish I had been told of Savini problems before I bought them. It just never occurred to me that the paint would fall off in chunks or that the wheels would cause the car to shake. It was an expensive learning experience.

I am glad that I did my homework properly before I bought my new Forgeline wheels from Nine Ball. I am very pleased with them.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:17 PM   #526
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Old 12-21-2011, 06:25 PM   #527
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I am glad that I did my homework properly before I bought my new Forgeline wheels...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 07:33 PM   #528
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Workin' on it.

Or should I say workin' FOR it.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:19 PM   #529
AC
***GO HOGS GO***

Drives: 68/327 & 10 2SS SIM w/ CGM Stripes
Wow..........thanks for the info. I’m planning on getting new wheels this winter.

Anyone have any problems with CCW wheels?

ProCharger F1A, VMax TB, ID1000 Injectors, SW Headers, SW full 3" Exhaust, BMR Suspension & 4 Point Strut Tower Brace, 3.91 Gears, DBA Rotors
Heritage Grille, CCW SP16a Wheels 10"/11.5" Nitto 275/40 315/35, Painted Calipers, Blackout: Bowtie, Rear Panel, Markers & Side Vents,
SS Fender Badges, 6.2L Cowl Lettering, Pistol Grip Shifter, RPI SS Door Kick Plates, Billet Cup Holder, Fesler Shift Boot, Lloyd Floor Mats..(1/4: 12.917 @ 109.63)
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:24 AM   #530
hypurone
I'm not totally useless..

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
Anyone have any problems with CCW wheels?
None here nor any that I have read about.
Attached Images

Old 01-03-2012, 04:52 PM   #531
PQ
Booooosted.

We are on the first page on Google searches involving Experiences, Beware, Review etc..... with Savini wheels.

Example......... http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Savini+wheels+experiences+
Old 01-03-2012, 07:10 PM   #532
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Nice.