Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 05-08-2012, 12:28 AM   #85
Teamradrz1

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th Anniversary Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by AACstyle View Post
The IR eye can go behind the bumper cover, you will need to remember where it is located because you will need to point the remote directly at the eye to get it to work.

Hope that helps
So what your saying is make the cut on the right side larger so the IR sensor goes in and then point the remote into the hole to get your line of site?

I don't think having a larger hole size than the light bar would look very clean.

I really think a redesign is in order either move the center over one more LED to the right or mount the ir sensor dead center which seams like that would not be too difficult but IDK.
Teamradrz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:03 AM   #86
SS King

Drives: a Panty Dropper
Just like this guys it does not take an engendering degree to figure it out its not hard. Look at the video and youll get the idea. You do not need to cut a larger hole in order to get it to fit just take your time and use a hair dryer to soften up the plastic and it will slip right in

Old 05-08-2012, 10:32 AM   #87
timmy35

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS King View Post
Just like this>
Damn Wish I would have known that you could do it this way before installing mine. I had troubles with the first light, and was told to make sure that the eye was visible.. oh well, i only use it for the knight rider theme anyway. so being centered doesn't really effect it. and since this is my 3rd light, I don't wanna mess with it and have it stop working again lol.

nice install by the way.
Old 06-09-2012, 03:20 PM   #88
Sourmug

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Whipple
Does anyone know where there yellow wire goes?
2.9L Whipple Supercharger, Kooks Long Tube Headers w/ high flow cats, CAI w/ scoop, APEX water bottle relocation kit, RX oil catch can, Borla ATAK cat-backs, Ultra 431 Rims w/ orange accent (20x9 front, 20x10 back), SPL gill stripes, Hurst short throw shifter
Sourmug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:05 PM   #89
cris

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
Can I install the scanner using the parking lights only, not directly from the +?????

so this will turn on when my lights go on in night ore when I go in the sub parking lot????

thanks for the help
cris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:24 AM   #90
RS_2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Quote:
The yellow wire is not used in this application. You do not need to connect it to anything
Alright, I have to ask....what is the yellow wire for then? I am a little OCD sometimes and won't be able to function til I know the purpose of the yellow wire :-)

...oh, and thank you for answering the original question about the yellow wire.....you saved me a phone call as I have this same configuration on the set I got last week.
RS_2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:03 PM   #91
RS_2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Quote:
That is actually for a different application. If you are using this as a brake light you can connect the yellow wire to the brake.
Oh...that is very cool! Thank you!!!
RS_2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:42 PM   #92
1SsmOkin-SS
KNIGHT LIGHTNING

Drives: '12 AGM L99 SS
Send a message via Skype™ to 1SsmOkin-SS
Quote:
You can see the IR eye (the little black receiver?) and you are pointing the remote at it and you are not getting a signal?

Do this, take your camera phone hold it to the IR remote and hold the button. You should see the IR signal flashing on the remote (invisible to the naked eye) if you do not see it then you may have no battery power.
So if I cant see the IR light flashing in remote (w/a new battery) through phn-cam, then is it likely a defective remote...? cuz it and the scanner worked fine before install. Luckily I set the scanner on the color & pattern I wanted most and its been stuck there ever since. I figure there's no point in making an issue out of it, but every now & then (at a show) it kinda bothers me knowing it has so much more to offer (being the multi-colored RGB scanner) that I cant use...so I settled and remained one of the "oh well" customers. Wired to a toggle, turns on and does what I wanted most out of it... Can I send Just the remote back for a new one?
Old 11-12-2012, 09:24 PM   #93
Blues45th

Drives: 45th anniversary edition v6 3.6L
Just had my dual 15 rgb scanner installed on my 45th v6 grill. Looks awesome. Although I might go back and install toggle switch. Anyone who has it running off the fuse box bolt have a toggle hook up picks and or location would be awesome. Thanks. Haven't even gotten to play with it. Seems I can't get the remote functions down or to do all the stuff.
Blues45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 06:50 PM   #94
captdantman

Drives: fast
KITT light install complete

Thanks for the detailed instructions, gave me the confidence to attempt it. I ordered V2 and the bar came pre-bent in the V-shape to fit perfectly. The wires were also in the middle of bar. So cut hole directly in the middle to pass the wire thru, and clipped right into exists slots. very easy install.
Attached Images

captdantman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 12:28 AM   #95
Oneflyenyceguy
Hmm...Something Clever

Drives: Blac on Blaq on Blak 2012 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
I wish somebody would make one that required no cutting, I am not cutting my Camaro.
Toast forward a few years and they did just that. I just installed mine. It's got these little clips on the back that are identical to the one that you remove.

Adjustments: 20% tint all around, Emblem Pros Dash plaque, Rockford Fosgate P-300/12
Oneflyenyceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 12:30 AM   #96
Oneflyenyceguy
Hmm...Something Clever

Drives: Blac on Blaq on Blak 2012 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues45th View Post
Just had my dual 15 rgb scanner installed on my 45th v6 grill. Looks awesome. Although I might go back and install toggle switch. Anyone who has it running off the fuse box bolt have a toggle hook up picks and or location would be awesome. Thanks. Haven't even gotten to play with it. Seems I can't get the remote functions down or to do all the stuff.
I got a switch from Autozone and have it in the glove box temporarily. The plan is to put it in the headliner where the sunroof switch would be.

Adjustments: 20% tint all around, Emblem Pros Dash plaque, Rockford Fosgate P-300/12
Oneflyenyceguy is offline   Reply With Quote