Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 06-15-2013, 10:41 PM   #29
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteMayheM View Post
Friday after work I had time to do a quick wash and go. Once I was done washing the car and vacuuming it out. I still had time to wipe down the interior. It was not dirty just a bit dusty from driving with the top down. Most of the "dust" is really spring time pollen.

I have some diluted Simple Green AP that I sparingly use on things like coffee stains. Sometime i will use it on a clean damp MF and just mist some Simple green on the MF.

I purchased a few foam applicators last time I was at Canadian tire.

This time when I sprayed the product on the foam applicator and then applied it to the seats and other plastic trim I was shocked that it actually worked!!

It went on 1000 times better and did not leave any streaks or really bad high spots. I was actually a little impressed because a little of this went a long way.

I still don't like the stuff because of the first time I used it (if I am being honest) but it actually turned out good. no glossy fake plastic finish to my seats.

Thanks Matt, I would have never expected a foam applicator pad to make any difference, but as they say .. seeing is believing!! Using the foam pad, I never had to go back really any hit any high spots.

Again, I really can not express the "WTF" factor on this because it was honestly be side the garbage waiting to go to land fill.
Awesome! If you can try the gel form with the pump, its a lot thicker and it is SOOOO much better, thats what I use on my moms caddy.
AmericanMuscleCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:00 PM   #30
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteMayheM View Post
Friday after work I had time to do a quick wash and go. Once I was done washing the car and vacuuming it out. I still had time to wipe down the interior. It was not dirty just a bit dusty from driving with the top down. Most of the "dust" is really spring time pollen.

I have some diluted Simple Green AP that I sparingly use on things like coffee stains. Sometime i will use it on a clean damp MF and just mist some Simple green on the MF.

I purchased a few foam applicators last time I was at Canadian tire.

This time when I sprayed the product on the foam applicator and then applied it to the seats and other plastic trim I was shocked that it actually worked!!

It went on 1000 times better and did not leave any streaks or really bad high spots. I was actually a little impressed because a little of this went a long way.

I still don't like the stuff because of the first time I used it (if I am being honest) but it actually turned out good. no glossy fake plastic finish to my seats.

Thanks Matt, I would have never expected a foam applicator pad to make any difference, but as they say .. seeing is believing!! Using the foam pad, I never had to go back really any hit any high spots.

Again, I really can not express the "WTF" factor on this because it was honestly be side the garbage waiting to go to land fill.
Awesome, I'm glad it worked better for you.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:36 AM   #31
ryan's camaro
Taeng

Drives: Fast
I use Zymol Leather Cleaner and Conditioner. Comes in a small spray bottle and a thick liquid bottle. Cleans well and the conditioner is not greasy at all. Leaves a matte finish although the leather becomes a bit slippery initially. Great stuff.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:07 PM   #32
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
With the GEL pump form you can apply it with a microfiber applicator pad from target and get some MyRIDE MicroFiber towels and use the applicator pad and apply it, wait a second or two. Then knock down the excess and residue if there's any. But knock it down with a microfiber towel no matter what.
AmericanMuscleCars is offline   Reply With Quote