Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-30-2015, 09:33 PM   #1
ss1letx

Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro SS 1LE
Seibon BBII Carbon Fiber Hood

I am looking into this hood for my 1LE. Dos anyone have it and could you post photos and options on what you think of the hood if you do. Thank you.
ss1letx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 07:32 PM   #2
fourmz
Fourmz

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS 1968 Firebird 1994 Z28
I have it on mine and love it but I also went with ZL1 bumper to eliminate the mail slot that would have otherwise looked redundant.
Attached Images

Black-in-Black/Blue out 2010 2SS/RS LS-3 -Magnacharger TVS2300,OD cog belt drive, 3.4" pulley, Janetty smooth idle blower cam,ID-850 injectors,ZL1 fuel pump,MSD boost a pump, ADM FPCM Janetty custom tune,Doug Thorley long tube headers, Corsa catback,C.A.I. Intake, Roto-Fab Big Gulp Scoop, Monster LT1/SC Clutch assembly,Eibach pro kit plus, BMR cradle/diff bushings, Barton Shifter,JRE 3.91 Eaton Tru-Trac rear diff,Barton Short Throw SHifter, Boss 339 20" wheels,Painted heritage grille, Sparks Restoration Inverted blue/black SS emblems, Seibon BB carbon fiber hood, ZL1 front bumper conversion.
fourmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 09:46 PM   #3
ss1letx

http://seiboncarbon.com/store/produc...l#!prettyPhoto

This is the hood i am looking at. Cant find may photos out there.
Attached Images

Old 04-02-2015, 07:43 AM   #4
SilverSlayer-SS
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2010 SS , 2014 SS
i have it on mine , check out my build thread " SilverSlayer-SS " i definitely give this hood a 5 star on quality and fitment , although i don't drive it in the rain because my air intake is exposed under the scoop , and i don't have a closed air box , other than that its a great hood
Old 04-02-2015, 11:35 AM   #5
fourmz
Fourmz

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS 1968 Firebird 1994 Z28
Whoops my bad, I thought mine was the BBII and this one the BBIII. I have not seen this hood in person but I have seen this type of heat extractor on a hood and it looks great but as SilverSlayer-SS stated, an open top intake will be exposed to the elements. as for Seibon hoods, I have had 2 and they both fit well and look great. They make a great product.
Black-in-Black/Blue out 2010 2SS/RS LS-3 -Magnacharger TVS2300,OD cog belt drive, 3.4" pulley, Janetty smooth idle blower cam,ID-850 injectors,ZL1 fuel pump,MSD boost a pump, ADM FPCM Janetty custom tune,Doug Thorley long tube headers, Corsa catback,C.A.I. Intake, Roto-Fab Big Gulp Scoop, Monster LT1/SC Clutch assembly,Eibach pro kit plus, BMR cradle/diff bushings, Barton Shifter,JRE 3.91 Eaton Tru-Trac rear diff,Barton Short Throw SHifter, Boss 339 20" wheels,Painted heritage grille, Sparks Restoration Inverted blue/black SS emblems, Seibon BB carbon fiber hood, ZL1 front bumper conversion.
fourmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 01:06 PM   #6
'14-ELLIE

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS 1LE
This is the exact hood I am getting for My 1LE soon also. I don't questions the quality, fitment and/or looks of Seibon. They are TOP notch. Can't go wrong. Still brainstorming on ways to keep the rain out though. The heat extractors are perfect for my Top Mount TT setup (right over the turbos!) but certainly concerned about rain. Anyone have ideas on this?
'14-ELLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 01:56 PM   #7
ss1letx

Could you use the factory hood strut with it?

Also have you added hood pins or just not going to mess with it?

I also have a CAI intake on mine "has the cover to the air box" dos the vent on the hood over the air filter sit lower than stock part of the hood or is it about the same?

thanks for any help you can give me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlayer-SS View Post
i have it on mine , check out my build thread " SilverSlayer-SS " i definitely give this hood a 5 star on quality and fitment , although i don't drive it in the rain because my air intake is exposed under the scoop , and i don't have a closed air box , other than that its a great hood

Last edited by ss1letx; 04-02-2015 at 03:06 PM.