Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-21-2010, 09:25 PM   #1
garfin
Resident Disciple

Drives: 2010 CTS-V 6MN '98 Camaro SS (Sold)
Camaro Disciples Meeting Again this Summer! Provide your input here..

Looks like our 3rd meeting will be taking place towards the end of August this year!!

Maybe the mods can sticky this thread and y'all can give us your input.
What a huge responsibility, as well as such a great honor to be involved with this initiative.

It's just so gratifying to see that GM and the Camaro Team is so tuned into hearing what Camaro enthusiasts have to say about these cars and the direction that can be taken to make these exceptional vehicles even better than they already are!!

Things are definitely heating up in this market segment and Chevrolet will not tolerate the idea of being anything other than #1!

Please try to keep all suggestions in a positive vein. This is the best way to ensure that your thoughts will be considered and taken seriously!

Best regardSS,

Elie
Old 02-21-2010, 09:31 PM   #2
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Of course this will be sticky'd, and thanks so much for offering your time to listen to our thoughts!

I'm sure you'll get lots of good input!

Is there anything you're looking for in particular?
Old 02-21-2010, 09:43 PM   #3
garfin
Resident Disciple

Drives: 2010 CTS-V 6MN '98 Camaro SS (Sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Of course this will be sticky'd, and thanks so much for offering your time to listen to our thoughts!

I'm sure you'll get lots of good input!

Is there anything you're looking for in particular?
This is a joy and a pleasure for me to do! If we can all just try to be reasonable and realistic with our expectations... short term goals are great, but don't forget about long-term goals for "down the road" as well!

Best regardSS,

Elie
Old 02-21-2010, 09:57 PM   #4
mtcwby
High on "The Camaro Life"

Drives: 2010 2SS, IOM, LS3, Vortech, LG cam
Send a message via AIM to mtcwby
Elie,
First is that, I love this car. I have had alot of cars in 35 years of driving, including every generation of Camaros. This is by far the most exciting car I have ever driven.
That being said, there is one thing I would change.
Interior lighting. The only light from the factory is the one on the overhead console. If you are driving at night and need to turn it on, it is too bright and glares too much and is very hard on your night vision.
I really like the lights on the C6 Corvette's rear view mirror. They shine down on either the driver's or the passenger's lap and don't interfere with night driving.
Also, there is no lighting on the floorboards if you need to find something. And the rear seating area is completely blacked out. None of the light from the dome light reaches back there at all. This makes it very hard to find anything back there. You just have to feel around until you find what you need, or keep a flashlight handy.

Thanks, Don
Old 02-21-2010, 10:00 PM   #5
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I suppose I'll add my .02.

First off I do want to thank the team for listening to their enthusiasts. It's quite the honor to be incorporated in such a large undertaking as designing a car. And, personally, it's one of the biggest reasons GM is my favorite auto manufacturer. We've seen what a smash hit it's made the 5thgen. I have no doubts this continued relationship will make future models and generations just as if not more successful!!

For the short term, I'd like to see the team attempt to shave some poundage. Obviously nothing major, since it's largely impossible without a total redesign -- but we've seen that the mufflers alone are a 40lb reduction. Maybe now that you're not rushed to build a brand new car in two years, you can refine little things like that to make the package a little lighter?

Keep at that IRS. I'm sure you haven't tapped its potential yet -- show Ford how how this sort of car is supposed to handle! Make it a Hugger!

I'd also like to mention a Rev-Matching feature for the manual...similar to what Nissan's 370z offers. I admit I do not know how it works exactly, so I don't know if it's feasible. But it would compliment the Launch Control nicely!

Finally, in the short term, I'd like to see the interior get some attention. MOST of the short list of complaints about this car center around the materials used in the interior. I don't have a problem with it, but I'll admit that nicer materials would be appreciated and silence the nay-sayers.

In the long term, assuming this Alpha Platform rumor is true: I'd like to request, simply, that you try as hard as possible to NOT lose the long-hood, short-deck profile of the car during redesign. I trust you won't, since that profile IS Camaro...but I wanted to put that out there.

Can you also look into fiberglass body panels like the 4th gen and Corvette? I've no doubt it's pricey, but it saves some weight, won't rust, and if GM could do it on inexpensive Saturns, surely you can pull it off on the Camaro.

Thanks team!! And thank you, Garfin!!
Old 02-22-2010, 10:47 AM   #6
sscamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2017 Silverado LTZ
The two things I would like to see most are HUD and a memory package for seats and mirrors. Other wise I love the car the way it is. I have owned every generation and this by far the best of all. It makes me feel like I'm driving a modern 69 Camaro.
2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. Chrome American Racing Torq-Thrust wheels. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq & 10.9# boost Tune by Jeremy Formato.
sscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:27 AM   #7
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Try and correct the 'massive understeer' the SS models are reputed to have. Besides some mild weight reduction, I don't really have anything else to suggest at the moment
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:32 AM   #8
fieldgoal00
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS
Possibly the keyless entry and start similar to the corvettes, a light on the passenger visor & mirror.
fieldgoal00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:39 AM   #9
Steeler NY

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IBM Vert
First of all thanks for letting our voices be heard!

I have only a couple of simple request.

#1 HUD I have never had this option but everyone I have talked to that does LOVES it! It would be a nice compliment to a true Mussel car.

#2 MOVE GAS FILL back to the driver side! I don’t know why car companies can't make this a standard! so all cars pull up to the pump the same way.

#3 make the "mail slot" on the 8's functional, that looks cheep as a fake air intake.

#4 have interior lighting go across dash from door to door. i know there is DIY ways of doing this but if done at factory it would be nicer.

Thanks for giving us this opportunity for input.

I can’t wait for the convertible, this car ROCKS
Steeler NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:19 PM   #10
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
My Camaro is perfect and all I expected but I would like to be able to disable my AFM on my A6 without any warranty issue. I'm just not a fan of the droan when in 4 cyl mode.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:28 PM   #11
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler NY View Post
First of all thanks for letting our voices be heard!

I have only a couple of simple request.

#1 HUD I have never had this option but everyone I have talked to that does LOVES it! It would be a nice compliment to a true Mussel car.

#2 MOVE GAS FILL back to the driver side! I don’t know why car companies can't make this a standard! so all cars pull up to the pump the same way.

#3 make the "mail slot" on the 8's functional, that looks cheep as a fake air intake.

#4 have interior lighting go across dash from door to door. i know there is DIY ways of doing this but if done at factory it would be nicer.

Thanks for giving us this opportunity for input.

I can’t wait for the convertible, this car ROCKS
I love having my fuel door on the passenger side. Its not a Camaro, but its still a 2 door coupe. Usually, if there is a line for driver side pumps there are open spots for passenger side pumps since few bother to drive around or back in. Plus, my door can go wide open without any fear of hitting something.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 01:03 PM   #12
ART-2008

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro 6M, 2005 Lotus Elise
Two Suggestions:

1) Make an RS package with late 60's style hidden headlights.

2) Come out with a "Customer Loyalty Program" where buyers of a 2010 Camaro get $3000.00 off if they upgrade to the new Z/28 when it becomes available.
ART-2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 01:51 PM   #13
35th02ss

Drives: 02 SS
I couldn't agree more with Elie, GM and the team want to know what you as the customers would like to see in the future and any suggestions on what you like/dislike now...

So please give us good suggestions...

Now is the time to give us this so we can take it to the team.....

This will get printed out and taken to the summit sooooo make it good...

Jeremy
35th02ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:08 PM   #14
RSHugger

Drives: 1969 RS Camaro
Not going to assume anything so I will add my two cents here...

Power passenger seat... let the shorter folk see out over that gorgeous hood

Hud... nuff said

Nav system... cool feature but definitely not a major issue

Better interior lighting would be nice

Dash ABL

Z28 is a given...

Exhaust tips like the concept???

Thanks to all of the Disciples and the GM team... this is an awesome car... waiting for the Z but would be happy with the SS.
RSHugger is offline   Reply With Quote