Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-20-2017, 10:43 AM   #15
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
The delivery truck scraping was a good theory, I go with that or a speed bump. Some of those are tall and if he drove over it fast it could do that. The electronics look fine and no cracks in the case. I wouldn't worry much about the pipes. That isn't any damage to worry about.
The two things I would look at, are the supercharger rattle if it has that noise or if the replacement warranty has been done already. It has extended coverage but you might not like to deal with it depending how much you like your local dealer tech joyriding your car. The other thing is the magnetic shocks might have a oil leak and are expensive to replace. Look and see if there is an oil stain on them.
If it were priced at retail or a few thousand over with that mileage I would get it.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 11:09 PM   #16
Midnight Rat

Drives: SS 1LE
One last shot
Attached Images

Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 03:15 PM   #17
ZL1 Maniac

Drives: 2014 ZL1 Red Hot M6
I read this thread last week and I'm thinkin no big deal, looks like a real clean car.

Then yesterday I was under my Z to change the rear diff fluid and my car has pretty much the exact same scrape marks....LOL

I think the likely culprit is a driveway apron that is too steep...if you go straight up you'll get that High Center effect and could rub like this.

I know I've rubbed the bottom a couple times...don't know about the guy before me, bought it with 3900 on the clock.

If that's all you can find wrong with it, I'd buy it in a minute. These cars are pretty bulletproof.

Good luck,

Jeff
ZL1 Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 05:50 PM   #18
Midnight Rat

Drives: SS 1LE
Thanks for that info.
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote