Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 10-09-2013, 09:49 AM   #295
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Tell us more about the conditions that produce the noise. Low speeds, in reverse, hard take offs... ect.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:26 AM   #296
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Tell us more about the conditions that produce the noise. Low speeds, in reverse, hard take offs... ect.
It does happen often in reverse.

But its always on accel and decel. At low speeds. It does happen when you are braking to a stop sign from a 2 to 1 shift, feels like somethig gets in a bind and then clunks, then it will clunk again when you release the brake to go thru the stop sign etc.

One day it did it about 10 times when I was leaving the "L" shaped parking lot at work. Just a clunk clunk clunk in no specific rhythm with any other part of the drive train.

Sometimes it feels like something is in a bind, other times it feels like there is just way to much slack, lash, or play in the rear end and everything is just rocking back and forth on its own when its not under load for a sec.

Definitely not supposed to happen, way too loud, and way to frequent (and infrequent if you know what I mean). It should either be never, or 100% of the time if it was supposed to be that way.

Seems to do it more when the car is cold/sits for a few hours.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:37 PM   #297
Behic2320
SoCal HT5 COTW 4/21/13

Drives: 2011 SS/RS Blown & Cammed LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
It does happen often in reverse.

But its always on accel and decel. At low speeds. It does happen when you are braking to a stop sign from a 2 to 1 shift, feels like somethig gets in a bind and then clunks, then it will clunk again when you release the brake to go thru the stop sign etc.

One day it did it about 10 times when I was leaving the "L" shaped parking lot at work. Just a clunk clunk clunk in no specific rhythm with any other part of the drive train.

Sometimes it feels like something is in a bind, other times it feels like there is just way to much slack, lash, or play in the rear end and everything is just rocking back and forth on its own when its not under load for a sec.

Definitely not supposed to happen, way too loud, and way to frequent (and infrequent if you know what I mean). It should either be never, or 100% of the time if it was supposed to be that way.

Seems to do it more when the car is cold/sits for a few hours.
Glad to hear the problem is getting fixed broski
Old 10-10-2013, 12:39 AM   #298
SilverSlayer-SS
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2010 SS , 2014 SS
glad to hear its being fixed !
Old 10-14-2013, 11:22 AM   #299
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behic2320 View Post
Glad to hear the problem is getting fixed broski
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlayer-SS View Post
glad to hear its being fixed !
Thanks guys! Shes there now, they gave me a blue Chevy Cruze.

Its realllllly slow, but it has auto climate control and push button start, so im a tad jealous of that lol
Old 10-14-2013, 02:55 PM   #300
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Good deal on them stepping up to fix the rear.... That must have been frustrating...

Post up the results if they figure it out and fix it as opposed to just replacing parts until it goes away...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:06 PM   #301
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Good deal on them stepping up to fix the rear.... That must have been frustrating...

Post up the results if they figure it out and fix it as opposed to just replacing parts until it goes away...
It was def frustrating, I will let everyone know. I know when I post about this issue theres always a couple people saying they have the same issue and have just lived with it, or have had the same dealer troubles as me.
Old 10-15-2013, 05:32 PM   #302
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Sooo, I got a whole new differential! Definitely fixed the problem.

All they said was "Excessive clearance in spider gears, excessive back lash, damage cost analysis diagnosed differential replacement."

Feels much better, there is barely any backlash, like as close to zero as possible, when going from reverse to drive, its perfectly smooth, no clunk, no feeling, everything feels tight.

Would have cost $1,750 (1,350 parts, 400 labor)
Old 10-15-2013, 05:35 PM   #303
Behic2320
SoCal HT5 COTW 4/21/13

Drives: 2011 SS/RS Blown & Cammed LS3
Quote:

All they said was "Excessive clearance in spider gears, excessive back lash, damage cost analysis diagnosed differential replacement."

Feels much better, there is barely any backlash, like as close to zero as possible, when going from reverse to drive, its perfectly smooth, no clunk, no feeling, everything feels tight.

well you scored haha
Old 10-15-2013, 05:54 PM   #304
LS3 SS

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
Quote:

Too bad you couldn't sneak some 3.91's in there! lol That's good to hear you got it fixed for no charge!
Old 10-15-2013, 06:04 PM   #305
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behic2320 View Post
well you scored haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS3 SS View Post
Too bad you couldn't sneak some 3.91's in there! lol That's good to hear you got it fixed for no charge!

Haha, I thought the same thing. Would have been nice, but Im happy to get a new diff, especially since the old one has 27k miles on it.

My dad and uncles keep saying I broke it ragging it out lol, but the problem was there since day 1.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:17 AM   #306
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:

Kewl... take it easy till everything meshes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:09 AM   #307
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Kewl... take it easy till everything meshes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I have been! Haha, Ive also been letting her warm up before leaving home in the morning, since I get on the highway right from my driveway.

Everyone said its a good idea to let the car warm up with the cam / performance springs, so Im getting in the habit before I do this.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:21 AM   #308
LS3 SS

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
Quote:
I have been! Haha, Ive also been letting her warm up before leaving home in the morning, since I get on the highway right from my driveway.

Everyone said its a good idea to let the car warm up with the cam / performance springs, so Im getting in the habit before I do this.
How do you feel about doing that cam swap after seeing what happened in the thread we've both subscribed to?

Tags
beige, black, crystal, l99, red