s346k

Drives: like an old lady
we just need a couple weeks to flatten the curve & then get back to normal

we just need a couple years to build chips & then get back to normal
Old 12-05-2021, 11:40 AM   #16
GONIF

Drives: 73 VETTE ,, 05 2500hd diesel,14 1LE
Waiting 4 a 2022

Want a new 2022 1LE .It may be the last or next to the last V8 Camaro b4 the end.
Old 12-05-2021, 07:56 PM   #17
pbsinternet1le

Drives: 2017 1le current /2015 2ss 1le sold
I have a built 17 for sale if you are interested.. stage 4 package from Vengeance Racing.. 25000miles... 3000 on build.
Old 12-05-2021, 10:48 PM   #18
FloridaBill

Drives: 2022 2SS 1LE
The story is in my sig. If you have a trade in now is the time because they are paying way over book value. Made a deal for my 15SS and took this home at MSRP. In this climate, that IS “A DEAL”

FloridaBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 11:22 PM   #19
GAOLDGUY

Drives: 2012 GMC Sierra, 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Welcome to the 1LE club FloridaBill. That is a fantastic color! I love my 1LE. Being that you have actually done this help me understand the logic. If they are giving greater than book value on the trade in of Camaros at the moment, wouldn't they also be charging full list or more on the new cars? My 1SS 1LE stickered for around 47k and I think I drove out for 42ish. It seems that even if I received inflated value for my car, I wouldn't be able to deal on the car I am purchasing, such as a ZL1. It kind of seems like it would be a wash economically. Am I off base? To be clear, before the supply issues, I would expect to get some reasonable trade for my car but I would be able to get the price of the puchase vehicle down somewhat.
GAOLDGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 12:15 AM   #20
FloridaBill

Drives: 2022 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAOLDGUY View Post
Welcome to the 1LE club FloridaBill. That is a fantastic color! I love my 1LE. Being that you have actually done this help me understand the logic. If they are giving greater than book value on the trade in of Camaros at the moment, wouldn't they also be charging full list or more on the new cars? My 1SS 1LE stickered for around 47k and I think I drove out for 42ish. It seems that even if I received inflated value for my car, I wouldn't be able to deal on the car I am purchasing, such as a ZL1. It kind of seems like it would be a wash economically. Am I off base? To be clear, before the supply issues, I would expect to get some reasonable trade for my car but I would be able to get the price of the puchase vehicle down somewhat.
I think a lot of this game has to do with timing. When the first pics of the Vivid Orange came out I knew I wanted one, but I waited until the configurator was online to build and price a 2022 to be sure. I forwarded the build to my dealer who I’ve dealt with before and asked them if they could make this happen or should I go elsewhere. They told me to come in and offered me MSRP + any specials at the time of sale. We didn’t discuss my trade at the time, but the car was 100% maintained by them so they knew the car. I won’t allow myself to look at their website to see what they are selling it for…

The used car market is still hot because that is what kept many dealerships afloat during the pandemic and ongoing supply chain debacle. New car availability is still shaky at best and I believe they made a conscious decision to take a guaranteed sale and make a profit on my trade. Some (Many?) dealers are charging well above MSRP for “off the lot” cars, so build and buy is the way to go IMO.

Bottom line: I feel lucky to have gotten this deal in the current climate. There are tons of horror stories on this forum and some people may give up. Between supply issues and build constraints and factory shutdowns I managed to thread the needle and snag the car I wanted and built in the span of 15 weeks.

There are current constraints on ZL1’s and now the 2SS so I don’t know how long someone will have to wait to get a car. But they did produce a fair number of these cars just a month or so ago.
FloridaBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 01:35 PM   #21
GONIF

Sooner or later the supply and price will be right ,that's when I will pounce .
Old 12-06-2021, 08:59 PM   #22
GAOLDGUY

Drives: 2012 GMC Sierra, 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Timing is Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaBill View Post
I think a lot of this game has to do with timing. When the first pics of the Vivid Orange came out I knew I wanted one, but I waited until the configurator was online to build and price a 2022 to be sure. I forwarded the build to my dealer who I’ve dealt with before and asked them if they could make this happen or should I go elsewhere. They told me to come in and offered me MSRP + any specials at the time of sale. We didn’t discuss my trade at the time, but the car was 100% maintained by them so they knew the car. I won’t allow myself to look at their website to see what they are selling it for…

The used car market is still hot because that is what kept many dealerships afloat during the pandemic and ongoing supply chain debacle. New car availability is still shaky at best and I believe they made a conscious decision to take a guaranteed sale and make a profit on my trade. Some (Many?) dealers are charging well above MSRP for “off the lot” cars, so build and buy is the way to go IMO.

Bottom line: I feel lucky to have gotten this deal in the current climate. There are tons of horror stories on this forum and some people may give up. Between supply issues and build constraints and factory shutdowns I managed to thread the needle and snag the car I wanted and built in the span of 15 weeks.

There are current constraints on ZL1’s and now the 2SS so I don’t know how long someone will have to wait to get a car. But they did produce a fair number of these cars just a month or so ago.
Sounds like you played it just right. Congrats.
GAOLDGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 10:08 PM   #23
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GONIF View Post
Want a new 2022 1LE .It may be the last or next to the last V8 Camaro b4 the end.
I know you want new, but you may have more options in the used market.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 01:34 PM   #24
GONIF

Have to be new

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
I know you want new, but you may have more options in the used market.
Got to have that NEW CAR SMELL . I have had many new and used cars in the past. In fact I was a used car dealer for over 25 years . I like to know the vehicle was broken it and serviced right from day one. I am necrotic, I like to run a new vehicle for 1000 miles and drain the trans and diff and refill with redline . Same with oil. I like to use Mobil one European formula oil, and a ac Delco filter or better. I never race the engine till it is up to full operating temp. And I never press the redline or bang gears. Not saying other folks don't take care of a car , but with a new car im sure any thing that go's wrong is the fault of the factory in design or QC , and not my fault.
Old 12-07-2021, 05:14 PM   #25
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Got to have that NEW CAR SMELL . I have had many new and used cars in the past. In fact I was a used car dealer for over 25 years . I like to know the vehicle was broken it and serviced right from day one. I am necrotic, I like to run a new vehicle for 1000 miles and drain the trans and diff and refill with redline . Same with oil. I like to use Mobil one European formula oil, and a ac Delco filter or better. I never race the engine till it is up to full operating temp. And I never press the redline or bang gears. Not saying other folks don't take care of a car , but with a new car im sure any thing that go's wrong is the fault of the factory in design or QC , and not my fault.
I get that.
Also, it’s your $$$ so you have to do what makes you happy.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 05:23 PM   #26
Allez

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Got to have that NEW CAR SMELL . I have had many new and used cars in the past. In fact I was a used car dealer for over 25 years . I like to know the vehicle was broken it and serviced right from day one. I am necrotic, I like to run a new vehicle for 1000 miles and drain the trans and diff and refill with redline .
LOL I guess that goes with your sig . . .
Allez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 11:16 AM   #27
GONIF

My Sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez View Post
LOL I guess that goes with your sig . . .
When you see what comes out of the first oil,trans,diff fluid change you will understand. As for my sig ,I run um fast ,but never abuse them. FYI a Vedder's lite tuck IWB holster goes with my Sig
Old 12-08-2021, 11:32 AM   #28
FH212

Drives: 2021 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
I get that maintenance stuff for sure....I did my first oil change on my 2021 at 500 miles and the 2nd one a couple months ago at 1000 miles. Only at 1200 miles on the car. Rear Diff and Tranny will be spring time.
2001 Mecham Trans Am #3 - 7.0L LS1
FH212 is offline   Reply With Quote