Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 06-18-2009, 01:02 PM   #29
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsudy View Post
I'm happy with my experience thus far with Country Chevrolet in Warrenton, VA... and if I was to just buy MSRP from them and then resell it for $10,000 over what I paid... it's almost like spitting in their faces for their respectable ethics in giving me a fair deal when they could easily be selling above MSRP themselves.
Agreed, I feel the same about Richard Chevrolet in Cheshire, CT. http://www.richardchevy.net/
I wouldn't feel right either.....so, I guess my feelings would be.... I wouldn't advertise it with the intent to make the $$$, but if someone were to walk up to me and offer me 10k over on the spot....I'd have to take it.
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:33 PM   #30
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
I was not pointing the finger at you, if you re-read my post I think you would agree.

That said, what you have replied with, begs me to give you a word to look up.

You don't necessarily have to live by this word, but some of us really do attempt to.

Integrity.

I'm done with your thread now.

LabRat
I was initially under the impression that you were saying anyone who sells it for $10k+MSRP should be bitch-slapped. Upon re-reading your post, I think you may be talking about bitch-slapping the foolish buyer in this scenario, provided that this buyer bitched about price-gouging dealers. That seems like a pretty far-fetched situation, but if that is what you meant, then I do agree with you. That would be quite hypocritical of them to do. But this is not "my" thread, so I'm not really concerned if anyone reads it. I've got no problem with you though, I was just stating my opinions
DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:16 PM   #31
alex33x

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
So everyone gets pissed off when a dealer tries to sell a Camaro $1 over MSRP, but most people is willing to do it themselves?? it really is very sad indeed.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:18 PM   #32
boricat
RJT2SS

Drives: 2011 2LT RS Convertible
Send a message via AIM to boricat
No Way!!
Ours was 3800 on 5/29 Delivered 6/11
No Saturday production that week sooo....
Ours is one of the last produced before GM filed..

Joe
boricat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:55 PM   #33
csjrishere

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
For 10k I think I would have to sell it. I know I waited but 10k would pay for a supercharger!!!
2SS/RS 6m IOM w/ White Stripes and the Black interior ordered 10/13/2008, #7905 delivered 5/26/09.
csjrishere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 04:36 PM   #34
ironpeddler

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefman View Post
If you can get it why not? SSupply and demand. Capitalism at it's best.
Quoted for truth
ironpeddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 06:34 PM   #35
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
A fool and his money are soon parted. So if you know any fools that want to spend 10K over, send them to me.

(Cause you'd have to be a fool to not be able to find an MSRP dealer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 06:37 PM   #36
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex33x View Post
So everyone gets pissed off when a dealer tries to sell a Camaro $1 over MSRP, but most people is willing to do it themselves?? it really is very sad indeed.
No the big problem was people that had agreements and where jacked at the last minute. Selling way over yea they get heat but not the letter campaigns etc.

Once you buy the car you can sell it. Your totally entitled to do that it's not like your doing what some dealers do as I said above, gouging at the last moment after agreeing on a price earlier.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 06:51 PM   #37
jacsr2010ss

Drives: 2004 xjr jaguar(2010camaro ss)
ranger you say you regret and run away from car. are you not happy with what you bought???? or is it a money thing. please explain. i am picking mine up tomorrow friday 6/19/09 thanks jeff
jacsr2010ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 01:48 AM   #38
songsj

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS Summit White
If I had one I would do it in a heatbeat. I figure it will be 60 to 90 days tops and the bottom will fall out of these crazy over MSRP prices. As I see it the only thing that will delay this is if GM has production problems due to the bankruptcy.
songsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 02:19 AM   #39
McGruff

Drives: 98 Saturn
We are all mad when dealers break preorder agreements of MSRP so they can sell the car to someone else for over MSRP. If people want to sell their car that's their business. If dealers want to sell cars for over MSRP that's fine but don't make people who preordered with you get screwed over or have to wait.
McGruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:00 AM   #40
fever_08

Drives: '08 M3
Haha, this thread is hilarious!!!
I decided not to take my preorder, so my dealer says 'Thank you very much' and turns around and sells it for msrp+4K CAD.....about 6 hours after I backed out.
I say there is SFA wrong with this, and I get jumped on by a bunch of folks around here.....so, its not ok for the dealers to do it, but its ok for GQ public to do it....thats kinda the pot calling the kettle black isnt it???

I fully support dealers selling cars on the lot for whatever they can get for it....as long as they offer and honor msrp on ordered vehicles. Thats exactly what my dealer did, and I will support them to the wall for this practice.
fever_08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:39 AM   #41
songsj

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS Summit White
I too have stated that a dealer can sell any car they ordered for dealer stock for however much any crazy person is willing to pay. The majority of complaints on the board have been when dealers tell people who have preordered that they are going to have to pay more than the agreed upon price when the car arrives. That's BS, bad business, and as shady as it gets. That also goes for the BS add ons without buyer permission like paint sealant etc. If GM can prove it, they should yank those franchises.
It's funny how GM and others on this board say GM is powerless to do anything because the dealers are free to buy and sell the cars at their discretion, yet GM can shut down 1100 dealers with nothing more than a registered letter. Sorry, GM is doing nothing because they don't want to do anything. There are all kinds of subtle ways they can put pressure on dealers.
songsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:41 AM   #42
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by memocg View Post
We're quick to jump and call a dealer a douche bag for doing this very same thing "supply and demand" But its ok for us to do.... Just doesn't make sense. I know that people need the money but so do the dealerships... either way I would never do it.
It's different when it is a dealer that does this on legitimate pre-orders that were promised by word of mouth that it would be msrp.. If a legitimate buyer wants to re-sell for $20,000 more, let them, no harm done. If a dealer wants to place a $10,000 markup on a car they didn't promise anyone msrp, then so be it. However I draw the line if the dealer screws over someone who pre-ordered..