Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 01-07-2014, 12:28 PM   #15
CyberPredator
50 Shades of Prey

Drives: TT/SS
I can't say they don't make as much "sense" because that is a matter of opinion. ie powerband preferences. I can say without the supporting mods at a given boost level the turbos will make more power and tq. example All stock at 5.8psi I made 589whp 581wtq with my IPS tt kit. At 8psi I made 655whp and 646wtq(still all stock including mufflers) and then I added meth for safety and ran 9.5psi and made 693whp 708wtq. Besides the single nozzle medium meth everything else was stock at that point.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:03 PM   #16
TitusSS

Drives: ECS Supercharged 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx03 View Post
A positive displacement blower won't make any power especially without supporting mods like headers etc so just do the turbo setup.

My personal data suggests the following. I put a TVS 1900 on my "06 GTO (LS2) without any other mods and made 500HP on the dyno at ETMC after tuning. I eventually did gain another 70HP with headers, CAI and a new camshaft but after that experience I was feeling like the best bang for the buck was just putting on the blower.

This is just my personal experience but I would love to see data that determines weather or not it is worth only putting on a blower or not. Heretical as it may sound I'm still not a big fan of headers or loud exhausts so this is kind of interesting....
TitusSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 02:45 PM   #17
CyberPredator
50 Shades of Prey

Drives: TT/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusSS View Post
My personal data suggests the following. I put a TVS 1900 on my "06 GTO (LS2) without any other mods and made 500HP on the dyno at ETMC after tuning. I eventually did gain another 70HP with headers, CAI and a new camshaft but after that experience I was feeling like the best bang for the buck was just putting on the blower.

This is just my personal experience but I would love to see data that determines weather or not it is worth only putting on a blower or not. Heretical as it may sound I'm still not a big fan of headers or loud exhausts so this is kind of interesting....
Boy I hear you there. I had a 05 GTO with full bolt ons, built motor, ls3 heads, nitrous, and a pretty aggressive cam, and man when I got the Camaro I had no interest in all that noise. One of the driving factors in me going turbo(although one of the least important). So now I'm making over 1Kwhp and I can whisper to my passenger at 80mph on the interstate. Stock cat back.
Old 01-07-2014, 03:15 PM   #18
STSL
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 ZR1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusSS View Post

On my tvs that doesn't make power im over 800rwhp on 93,yes I do have headers and it does help but for the power goals you have in mind the TVS is a great choice and will do it without headers
STSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:30 AM   #19
mylftft

Drives: 2013 TT ZL1
Ask around, make some friends, I love living in California, I'm not moving & my car just passed smog!