Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-07-2009, 08:56 PM   #29
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
I took my black Camaro SS to my first official car show yesterday. There was over 160 cars at the show and I never had less than 6-7 people looking at my car for 3 hours straight. Everyone was very respectful and super complimentary about the car. Even older guys that you would expect wouldn't like the new Camaro simply loved it. I had one older gent about 75 years old that told me that is the way a muscle car is supposed to look.

Here is a quick pic I took with about 14 people gathered around my car.

OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:43 PM   #30
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
EFFEM!! D-BAGS!

Jeeze what a bunch of morons! They must have all been outrageously jealous man!

I brought my 2LT to the Sunday morning OBI crowd back in May (first on on LI) and they went wild - great crowd. Lots of pix, questions, etc...

I'm really sorry these idiots didn't show a bit of class and respect. But you know you got a great machine and NOBODY can take that away from you - or US! The car absolutely ROCKS!

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 01:00 AM   #31
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Hunsaker View Post
I took my black Camaro SS to my first official car show yesterday. There was over 160 cars at the show and I never had less than 6-7 people looking at my car for 3 hours straight. Everyone was very respectful and super complimentary about the car. Even older guys that you would expect wouldn't like the new Camaro simply loved it. I had one older gent about 75 years old that told me that is the way a muscle car is supposed to look.

thanks for sharing...
Old 08-08-2009, 08:29 AM   #32
Timberline

Drives: 2010 SS/RS,LS3,M6,VR
Quote:
Originally Posted by calflan View Post
I believe alot of the ney sayers are coming from a different angle than some are realizing. I obviously love my car and love the new Camaro, but there can be a certain amount of pride in building a car vs. buying a car. Not to downplay anyone who bought the new car and worked hard in order to afford the new car, but the guys that sweat out getting the output from their car feel they 'created' their cars.

Just as the new Camaro owner will have pride putting catback exhaust, CAI, tune chips, etc. to get even more beef from these Camaro's, the guy that restored and beefed up that old '69 Camaro or '71 Mustang has pride in getting the results in his car that he feels he actually created rather than simply modified.

I'm not trying to downplay schmucks talking smack over a beautiful new car that they may simply be jealous of, but there are those decent guys that really don't feel the link between a car show owner of a modified vs. an owner of an innovative new design.

I restored a '77 Camaro from ground up and at shows I attended, there might be a Viper show up or something along those lines. Obviously that Viper made my Camaro look like a Ford Pinto in comparison of power, comfort, etc., etc., but I had pride in knowing I built the car from frame back up and what it is, is what I myself put in the car, not a production line. If I could have afforded the Viper, absolutely I'd love to be in that car instead, but my fall back was that I did it, while he bought it.

Not meant to annoy anyone here, just offering a different perspective.
calflan is exactly right. Well said.
Old 08-08-2009, 08:51 AM   #33
thebighar

Drives: 2018 1LT RS V6 Nightfall Grey
I have a chance next month to put my car in a local show, some of these posts are giving me second thoughts, if anyone touches my car or says something negative i may have to start shooting.
thebighar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:25 AM   #34
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
I don't understand why everyone here is instantly labeling the people at that car show "jealous morons" because they didn't drool over the new Camaro.

They're probably venting at the fact that it's even there. When you have a show with a bunch of classic cars and people who have spent countless hours working on these cars to make them faster, they aren't going to be giddy when someone brings over a brand new stock car and expects to steal praise. It's THEIR show, let them have their fun and don't crash their party with a car that does not fit the "old/classic car that has been worked on" mold.

For this reason I will never take my car to a classic show. Let the old cars get their respect and don't try to steal their thunder.
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:37 AM   #35
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Hunsaker View Post

What do you mean us "older guys wouldn't like the new Camaro". LOL, I'm 67 and my Summit white 2SS/RS is built and due at my dealer any day now. It's us older guys that respect this car having grown up in the 50's & 60's when real cars were built, plus the rice burners and foreign junk was still overseas.
myold88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:44 AM   #36
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
I don't think there is a place for a brand new car at a car show unless I was asked specificaly to bring my car. Me and Bonnie have been to 2 car shows and a cruise in since I've had my car. I parked in the parking lot with everyone else who was there to see cars that have been modified. The cruise in was pretty cool. I just parked and people went nuts.

I guess I just feel that ANYONE can go order or buy a car and drive it. If you're gonna be in a show, I think you have to have done some cool mods outside or inside or performance.

It allways kills me at some of the import shows when guys show up with a brand new car they bought and slapped rims on and sit it there like I couldn't just go to the Nissan or Toyota or Honda dealer and see a bunch of them. I wanna see something fairly unique when I go to a show.

Depends on the kind of show too.

Some of those comments you heard was jealousy, some was honest opinion and some were brand loyalty. Probably should have left it in the parking lot.
Old 08-08-2009, 11:53 AM   #37
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
I don't think there is a place for a brand new car at a car show unless I was asked specificaly to bring my car. Me and Bonnie have been to 2 car shows and a cruise in since I've had my car. I parked in the parking lot with everyone else who was there to see cars that have been modified. The cruise in was pretty cool. I just parked and people went nuts.

I guess I just feel that ANYONE can go order or buy a car and drive it. If you're gonna be in a show, I think you have to have done some cool mods outside or inside or performance.

It allways kills me at some of the import shows when guys show up with a brand new car they bought and slapped rims on and sit it there like I couldn't just go to the Nissan or Toyota or Honda dealer and see a bunch of them. I wanna see something fairly unique when I go to a show.

Depends on the kind of show too.

Some of those comments you heard was jealousy, some was honest opinion and some were brand loyalty. Probably should have left it in the parking lot.
I mostly agree with you but here in Northern Ct we have a Monday night cruise that gets between 500-900 cars VERY MONDAY NIGHT. All cars are welcome and trophys are given out. For one, I don't think trophys should be given out to new off the showroom floor cars. It only takes $$ to have one of them. When I get my Camaro next week, I'm going to shows, but will refuse any trophy thats offered- Just my opinion.
myold88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:59 AM   #38
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
I mostly agree with you but here in Northern Ct we have a Monday night cruise that gets between 500-900 cars VERY MONDAY NIGHT. All cars are welcome and trophys are given out. For one, I don't think trophys should be given out to new off the showroom floor cars. It only takes $$ to have one of them. When I get my Camaro next week, I'm going to shows, but will refuse any trophy thats offered- Just my opinion.
A cruise in is very different. If it would peak interest to ANYONE you bring it.

And don't worry. You won't get any trophies offered. Not to a new stock car. Yes, even the new Camaro. Now, if you were to do a few cosmetics or performance stuff, it would be different. Even just some custom 'painted' stripes would be enough.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:44 PM   #39
Angelina

Drives: 2010 Camaro!
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post

And don't worry. You won't get any trophies offered. Not to a new stock car. Yes, even the new Camaro. Now, if you were to do a few cosmetics or performance stuff, it would be different. Even just some custom 'painted' stripes would be enough.
I have 2 trophies for my new Stock Camaro. It depends on the show. The ones that I go to have a class for new cars. Stock and Mod's. I was even requested to bring my car to a show by the promoter. People are genuinely interested in seeing them. I am sure this will wear off as the become more abundant.

Drives: 2SS RS, IOM, Auto, Sunroof

Delivered: 5/15/09
Angelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 01:48 PM   #40
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Ha ha, I said an older gent 75 years old, not 67 years old. I didn't mean any disrespect no matter what age, just an observation.
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 05:12 PM   #41
boricat
RJT2SS

Drives: 2011 2LT RS Convertible
Send a message via AIM to boricat
Sylvan Beach NY

Bring it here Thurs nights. People LOVE em.
boricat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 05:15 PM   #42
nasty2ss

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss IOM
Is there a differnce between cruise nights and shqws? I thought cruise nights everyone was welcome. Where I live there is a cruise night almost every night of the week some where and all types of cars new and old. It's fun looking at all the different cars from 1920 on.I also had nothing but positive comments from other owners of classic's.
nasty2ss is offline   Reply With Quote