Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-02-2014, 03:33 PM   #1
guerrillakilla13

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Pedal Response (Bo White?)

I've kind of grown tired of that lag in my pedal response, especially when I rev to show off, cause that's the kind of jerk I am . My trans am was extremely responsive i'm guessing because it was a cable attached to the pedal, and not electronic.

So I did some research and saw that Bo White came highly recommended. If I buy a stage II, will he fix that throttle response time? Will I see a huge HP gain too if I buy it with a roto-fab CAI?

Apparently he's not doing anymore at the moment, I need to PM him to see when he'll start up again
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=364478
guerrillakilla13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 03:38 PM   #2
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
That Thread you linked to is not Bo White... Jason @ JacFab sold these for Bo until Bo became a sponsor.

Nothing has changed except you can now order directly from Bo.

Thread moved to the proper section.
Old 12-02-2014, 03:47 PM   #3
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Yes just pm me and I'll take care of ya.
2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 04:23 PM   #4
guerrillakilla13

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Thanks!
guerrillakilla13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 05:16 PM   #5
theblueSS

Drives: midnight blue 2010 m6 ss ls3
what along with an intake improves the throttle response? i had 2010 ss that was super responsive and now have a 2015 both were manuals.
theblueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 05:28 PM   #6
Camaro10ss1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS ls3
I've heard nothing but good things about Bo's tbs I really need to go ahead and get one. I had no idea the tbs came in different stages of ports
Camaro10ss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 05:37 PM   #7
GONIF

Drives: 73 VETTE ,, 05 2500hd diesel,14 1LE
I can tell you first hand Bo's work is first class and worth the money .
Old 12-02-2014, 06:20 PM   #8
birdsong_mg

Drives: 2014 AGM 1SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GONIF View Post
I can tell you first hand Bo's work is first class and worth the money .
What he said. I've had mine for a few weeks and the butt dyno says it's worth the money.
birdsong_mg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 07:51 PM   #9
kingdave

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
The Vitesse Throttle Controller is what you're looking for. Thing is amazing.
kingdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 08:29 PM   #10
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
your lag in throttle response is due to the potentiometer a device designed along time ago for electronic throttle drive by wire..... it can be tuned out or there are various "throttle boosters" to negate the loss of power in the circuit made by the potentiometer which is basically a resistor ..... old school potentiometers used to be a sweep style that wore out using a arm sweeping like a wiper blade over a 1/4 circular metal shaped power strip sort of now they are mainly magnetic and have no parts to wear out as the old ones designs went.

Vitesse is simply the latest one being sold by a vendor on here, other brands have been out longer and many are made and available form overseas.... lol mainly China and they look almost mainly all alike a lot.... The most popular one for a long time made in America has been the sprint booster which does cost more than the vitesse.

As a matter of fact that many who tout the throttle booster do not like to take into account is if you have a good tuner who has a great library of tunes for the ls engines and has been working on them for years he has when tuning the car eliminated the throttle lag, how ever if you do not have the best tune when building the car....you may not have the lag truly reduced as much as it should be, if at all.

BTW my car was tuned by with HP software on a mustang dyno by a man with two electrical engineering degrees so I trust him when he says I have no throttle lag as I can feel zero compared to the obvious lag I had on the car beforehand and on my other l99 Camaro I owned. Some have improved their throttle response by installing a throttle controller even with a tune supposedly with the throttle controller, yet if I have already instantaneous throttle response can boosting the voltage to a circuit gain me 20 ten thousandths of a second?

Maybe, is it worth the money for something I can not feel.... to buy one of these, that's where I pissed some off...... and the answer is NO!
But for those who do not want to void their warranty its a answer to removing the built in throttle lag through the drive by wire system with its throttle position sensor and pedal potentiometer for a reasonable cost. There have been some long posts on the throttle booster in the past......

And yes porting a throttle body can make a engine more responsive and a little more power but cannot affect the lag caused by the potentiometer..it is a resistor ....... it resists electrical current, that resistance built into it causes the LAG, of course what do I know? I just work with electricians for the Government and work with a ASE certified college teacher who trains people to be mechanics........

AND BTW the lag saves gas thus making the car more economical causing it to say ohhhhh maybe not get a gas guzzler tax, of course what does that matter...it does to corporations who have to deal with rising CAFE (standards corporate average fuel economy), that say by 2017 the cars have to start driving with 5 MPG more per year until they all reach 55 MPG..yes a little touted thank you from the big Liberal EPA....the death of the muscle car, and just so happens in 2017 that oils are to be reformulated again, making different standards to make well...very low viscosity oils etc... and two different classes as 2 liter turbos are the future.....

A few very Ugly facts for ya, Have a good day, And love your Camaro.... and the oil prices being so low is due to the lack of the Commodities markets being able to manipulate the market as yes.... places like Leahman, Sachs, other investor house etc ....own a lot percentages of the oil refining etc.... And could stoke the prices way beyond what the actual volume of oil actually existing by 1000+ % to be sold could ever command with even falling demand... This was finally stopped by our government doing something right for a change. That's why oil is low now and should stay low it just took time to finally trickle down as the Billions invested in futures by countless people and investment groups have ditched oil for commodities speculation driving up the price, and I can remember when the big ten thousand was topped for the first time in history on the stock market.... And that was a real big deal, now...the stock market is really artificially big time high so watch out, you heard of junk bonds...think junk stock...is Twitter really a viable investment? How about any other thing like Facebook which may be a FAD which only gets some revenues from advertising and has no real worth... that's a lot of the garbage that's traded out there and what is just another crash in the making out there.... Well enough of my ramble, be wise, And what seems like a sunny future is not always so bright, remember when our national debt was not in the trillions? or say four times as large, why that would be....... Why back before the ..... GUNSHOT.... UGHHHHHH
Old 12-02-2014, 09:10 PM   #11
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
^^...well then...that was a mouth full - I read it too
Old 12-02-2014, 09:27 PM   #12
Bretts
SS

Drives: 2015 2ss rs
just bought oil stocks myself Saudi oil drove it all down ,like in 1986 but a lesser hit
Bretts is offline   Reply With Quote