Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-15-2009, 08:52 AM   #29
ItIsWhatItIs

Drives: #5 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnsjr1 View Post
Lets see a SS for a SS, lets see a RS for a RS, and lets see a RS/SS for those ordered that way. Lets not get to carried away with the branding.
Totally agree! If I see a "Mustang" I don't need to see blue ovals all over the car to know it is made by Ford....the same goes for the Camaro. The brand is too strong not to know it is a Chevy. I attended Indy and I swear some of those GM guys have a fetish about that bowtie. Keep the bowtie on the LS models and use an SS emblem between the tail lights for an SS.
ItIsWhatItIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 08:52 AM   #30
lnsjr1

Drives: 02'Z28 07'CTS 03'HD Fatboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelina View Post
What color car did you order? Just curious
Silver, 2SS/RS I really want to have the hood and rear panel painted like the LS7 show car.
lnsjr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 08:57 AM   #31
Angelina

Drives: 2010 Camaro!
ahh that will look sweet.

I am going with the black bowties cuz I am taking my IOM and doing a Dale Jr. paint scheme. Black on top IOM on bottom haven't decided on the pin yet maybe silver

Drives: 2SS RS, IOM, Auto, Sunroof

Delivered: 5/15/09
Angelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 08:58 AM   #32
Redvet1
Members Member

Drives: 75 Vette, 07 Sierra, 08 vette
Bowtie color change

Quote:
hmmm so no goo gone? I will be taking them off and thinking of painting my bowties black.

We are taking the badging off my hubbies Victory too, they are Ugly lol
I would go for painting the bowties black as well. Since we are ordered a yellow one, I am going to have ours painted black. It will go well with the yellow, but it will work with a lot of colors. Some folks might want to color match them.
Redvet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 09:00 AM   #33
lnsjr1

Quote:
ahh that will look sweet.

I am going with the black bowties cuz I am taking my IOM and doing a Dale Jr. paint scheme. Black on top IOM on bottom haven't decided on the pin yet maybe silver
Sweet, Make sure you post it when its completed. Nothing better then a woman in a sweet ride..
Old 05-15-2009, 09:03 AM   #34
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
Totally agree! If I see a "Mustang" I don't need to see blue ovals all over the car to know it is made by Ford....the same goes for the Camaro. The brand is too strong not to know it is a Chevy. I attended Indy and I swear some of those GM guys have a fetish about that bowtie. Keep the bowtie on the LS models and use an SS emblem between the tail lights for an SS.

Same with the Corvettes. I don't think they have ever had a large bowtie. There is a small one in one of the flags on the emblem but thats all. People just know, as they will with the Camaro.

Plus the uncertainty is nice. I remember in 04 when I got one of the first RX~8s, everyone was asking me what the hell it was... I kinda liked it!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 09:06 AM   #35
lnsjr1

I agree with you 100%, Keep em guessing.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:09 AM   #36
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
I think it looks good there...

I also like the one on the front.

I like how they're nice and centered

The only thing I would even think about changing is the color... especially after seeing that black one!
DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 09:14 AM   #37
Angelina

Drives: 2010 Camaro!
Quote:
Sweet, Make sure you post it when its completed. Nothing better then a woman in a sweet ride..

I will post TONS of pics!

Drives: 2SS RS, IOM, Auto, Sunroof

Delivered: 5/15/09
Angelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 09:21 AM   #38
JMAN311

Drives: 2013 F-150 Limited
Quote:
The dealership I ordered my car thru called me last week to let me know they had a 2LT in the show room to show my wife. The fit and finish of the car is outstanding, GREAT JOB to the factory.
Quote:
I do not like the bow tie in the middle of the tail lights it looks like a big pimple. As soon as mine gets home its history.
2013 Camaro ZL1 A6|SIM
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS|M6|CGM Exterior|Gray Int
2000 Camaro SS|M6|SLP headers|SLP center mounted quad exhaust|Magnaflow muffler|Hypertech programmed
2001 Corvette|M6|LG Motorsports Headers|Corsa Touring Cat-back|Magnaflow X Pipe|Hurst short-throw|Dyno tuned
JMAN311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 09:22 AM   #39
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
See thats what I like, Thats why they make Vanilla & Choclate. I might take those GM badges off also, I have them on my Caddy and now that Julie brought that up they are a pain in the butt to clean around, they stick out pretty far.
Well why don't you take the 'C' and the 'A' and the 'M' and even the other 'A' the 'R' and that pesky 'O' of too. Hard to clean around.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:30 AM   #40
ZYAL8R

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
The bowtie on the back is held on by two big drilled holes, so I'm not sure what you would put back there to cover it up w/o some paint and body work, so for me it's not feasible.............BUT I am a DE-BADGER from wayyyyyy back. I like the looks of smooth body panel. Always have been a Custom ride kinda guy, and de-badging is a subtle little thing you can do that DOES make a ride look sweeter.

Before taking delivery of my 03' GMC Crew, I told the dealer to make sure and take off the 4 x 4 stickers on the bed of the truck. And he didn't want to. He said "It will leave sticky on your truck". WHATEVER. Take it off or no sale. Afterwards, he admitted to me that all the guys back in the body shop and himself included thought it looked cleaner and better.

And then there was a guy I know, who asked why I took them off, and I told him and his reply..................................."Well, that;s why I bought my truck!" Really............you bought a truck b/c it had Z-71 stickers on the side????

As for people not knowing what a car is w/o seeing a Bowtie or Blue Oval.........they are obviously NOT car/truck people and could care less what they drive or what you drive. And I could care less about what they think it is too. Not to brag (well I kinda am) I can tell you at night what kind of car/truck is what just by seeing the headlights in the rear view mirror. So I guess that makes me a CAR/TRUCK NUT!

WHew! After having said all that, my new CAMARO will keep ALL her badging. WHY? B/c something that has so much heritage should show that heritage and I'll be proud to display her that way. My 2c.

84' Chevy S-10
91' Chevy S-10 Ext. Cab
90' GMC Sierra Reg. Cab 350 V8
2003 GMC Sierra HD 4x4 Crew 6.0
2005 GMC Yukon 5.3
2008 GMC Ext. Cab 4x4 5.3
2008 GMC Yukon SLT 5.3
This truck man is about to go for something a little more sporty.
ZYAL8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 09:44 AM   #41
drider98

Drives: none yet
This image confirms that there is a 5/16" dia holes and a 5/16" slot to place the logo on the Trunk.

drider98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 09:48 AM   #42
lnsjr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
Well why don't you take the 'C' and the 'A' and the 'M' and even the other 'A' the 'R' and that pesky 'O' of too. Hard to clean around.
I just might...