Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-06-2013, 04:00 PM   #43
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastilleman21 View Post
Hello EVERYONE - First, thanks for all the good info posted on this thread regarding the FUEL RAIL SENSOR. The exact same thing happened to me yesterday, as I was returning to my office after lunch. I had just fueled up at ONE of only TWO stations I use(bad gas, not the issue). I went through ONSTAR for the immediate diagnostic, results were the same. The fuel rail sensor through an error causing the display messege - ENGINE POWER REDUCED(probably the worst three words you can say to a Camaro5 owner, eh?). Next, spoke w/ Service @ the dealership, set up the appt. I am about to go to. I will update you on what latest info I get from the Powers that Be.
Bastilleman21,

Sorry about the vehicle concerns. I'm happy that you're seeking service at your dealer. Please post updates and don't hesitate to contact us if further assistance is needed.

Kind regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 12-05-2013, 05:32 AM   #44
kaseyb85
Keep Calm & Chive On

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS/RS CGM
This happened to me driving up I-95 from SC to Wash DC. Scared the bu-JEEZUS outta me running 80 mph. Pulled over and let it sit a min and cranked up with the same problems. Let it sit longer and it fired right up. Got back on the interstate after 50 miles it did it again. Called OnStar, had them run a diagnostic and they said there was a issue with the fuel system and throttle position sensor. Disconnected the neg terminal and let it reset and was able to get 80 or so miles before having to repeat the same proceedures. At Radleys Chevy in Alexandria, Va waiting for them to open. I'm not stock: LT headers, 3" exhaust, CAI, and tune. Thank god for extended warranty from my bank.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:20 AM   #45
kaseyb85
Keep Calm & Chive On

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS/RS CGM
As of right now it's the TPS. We'll see how it goes on my return trip to SC.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:54 AM   #46
LFXGator

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6M, 2012 Camaro 1LS
2012 v6 m6 1LS here did the same as the original poster today. I let my tank get close to 'E', then filled it all the way up with 93 octane. After filling, I left and drove about 5 miles, started to slow down for a red light, and BAM! Reduced engine power, all the stabilitrak and traction control lights came on so I pulled over (yes, while in limp mode) and shut it off for a few moments. When I started it back up, I only had the check engine light on but it wasn't in limp mode anymore. I drove it straight to the dealer and they said there is "a known glitch in the ecm software" so the fuel pressure code was cleared and a new, updated version of the software was programmed. I mentioned I just filled up before it happened, and the service rep said that was probably just a coincidence. I have about driven about 20 miles since the dealer visit and it seems fine so far. My car has about 12k total miles on it now.
LFXGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 04:56 PM   #47
djpelosi

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I had the same thing happen to my car yesterday. Luckily when I popped the hood to peek around, I saw a spark coming from one of the plugs. It had somehow gotten disconnect from the plug. Seated back correctly and fixed my problem.
Bo White Ported Throttle Body
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Best Time: 12.43 @ 114, 1.99 60' on stock wheels and stock tires
Build Thread
djpelosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:02 PM   #48
sliver

Drives: 2012 2lt rs
same thing happened to me today

all of a sudden on the way home... did the onstar call, fuel rail sensor. 33,400 miles. dealer said it MIGHT be covered under warranty...????? dropping it off in the morning. This dealer has been know to say things aren't covered when they are.. Its the only one within driving distance to me.
sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:14 PM   #49
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliver View Post
all of a sudden on the way home... did the onstar call, fuel rail sensor. 33,400 miles. dealer said it MIGHT be covered under warranty...????? dropping it off in the morning. This dealer has been know to say things aren't covered when they are.. Its the only one within driving distance to me.
sliver,

Apologies to see you're experiencing similar concerns. I can understand any displeasure that this causes. Please keep us posted on your dealer visit and don't hesitate to reach out to us if our involvement is needed in communicating with the dealership.

Kind regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:02 PM   #50
bologdl

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT RS
I had the same issue with my 2010 LT2 Camaro. Reduced Engine power and Service Stability trak soon. Replaced the throttle body purchase from Amazon for $118 and only took 20 minutes.Very easy to do if you can handle a rachet wench.

I did bring my car to have this service at a Chevy dealership and they took the codes posted in the ECM and determine firmware fixed the codes for $175.00. The never addressed the Reduced Engine message but was more interested in trying to get me to have the throttle body clean for $175.00 and have the transmission flushed for $ 189.00 and front end alignment. Now you know why I attempted to repair my car myself.

Last edited by bologdl; 03-26-2014 at 09:18 PM.
bologdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 12:51 PM   #51
Earle.Barnes

Drives: 2012 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
sliver,

Apologies to see you're experiencing similar concerns. I can understand any displeasure that this causes. Please keep us posted on your dealer visit and don't hesitate to reach out to us if our involvement is needed in communicating with the dealership.

Kind regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
I'd like to you to reach out to my dealer. If there is a known glitch and I ask them to check it, I don't feel I should be hit with a $135 diagnostic fee unless it's something else. This is a common problem it seems.
Old 05-27-2015, 07:40 PM   #52
BigFrenchGuy

Drives: 2011 CAMARO RS
reduced power scare

I had same thing happen in Feb.; throttle body & wiring harness replaced...but then trunk-open button on door no longer worked, security red light blinked non-stop, and auto-lighting didn't work.
Today, the "reduced power" message came on and car had lost power...luckily I wasn't on interstate...Firestone states problem is intermittent; I said " no such thing as intermittent being safe on interstate doing 70 mph." Their testing shows throttle body prob still works, could be ECM or wiring harness or need to flash.
Firestone to do thorough testing tomorrow--
So, what gives? Do I have a lemon?
BigFrenchGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 12:17 PM   #53
Earle.Barnes

Drives: 2012 2LS
I had this happen again last week and there was a software update to resolve this. I am a little put off that. If there is an update to be done why do I have to pay for the diagnostic fee? I should have been contacted about it.
Old 12-05-2017, 02:24 PM   #54
Gene69
1 BAD MONKEY

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS with RS package
Fuel rail issue with the V6 RS Camaro.

Hey guys, I just had a quick question about the fuel rail problem. My wife's RS V6 threw the codes today for the fuel rail, but it also threw the code for ABS/TRACTION control. Did you guys get those codes at the same time you got the fuel rail message? Just curious.
I am really thinking that it has bad gas and she likes to wait until the tank is running low before she will fill it up. I never let my tank get under half of if at all possible. I believe that you get condensation if it too low.
Thanks for the info guys. Good luck.