Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-31-2012, 06:41 AM   #15
fielderLS3

Drives: 2016 Mazda6, 2011 Mustang 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkittrell View Post
In the end nothing WILL for sure void a warranty, they have to be able to prove your mod caused the failure and in this case they can say the added hp causes the failure
If it is modded, I don't think they have to prove anything. Modded=voided warranty. Many members here (as well as on other forums I've been on) have been through this. The only thing that surprises me in this case is that they even fixed it the first times.
fielderLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:49 AM   #16
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
OP, from your first post and your profile, looks like you have a 2010 SS that you bought used. If the last 8 digits of vin# is below A9125000 you are likely in the group of LS3 cars that had the trans output shaft issue. This would be why they fixed this problem no questions asked. I'm 125261 and I sweat this issue. If someone else owned this car for 2 and half years before you, you have to ask yourself, why didn't it break on them? He probably didn't beat on it that hard. If you are using launch control, that is another recipe for disaster. Listen to what everyone else on here has said. You can have fun with these cars, but they're not exactly bulletproof, especially in that vin range. Also, this should be in the Camaro issues/Warranty Discussion section, and will likely get moved there.
Good luck.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:27 AM   #17
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodis16 View Post
So i had my camaro for about 7 months now and its already broke three times and im getting trouble with my warrenty. the first time was my output shaft and did not have mods so they replaced the whole trans no questions. The second time was a broken drive shaft with a buncha other parts along with it in cluding my aftermarket exhaust and i had to call customer service to get my warrenty back on that one and now a month later (yesterday) my right axle shaft broke and they are saying because i got let off last time that there not gonna give me another chance this time with my warrenty!! can they do that? and has anyone else had this many problems with there car and also warrenty problems when fixing?!? All i have is LT headers cat delete axle back and an CAI.
You can always take your vehicle to another dealership for a second opinion. Also if you would like me to contact the involved dealership to make them aware, please send me your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage and involved dealership.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 07-31-2012, 11:46 AM   #18
dkittrell

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fielderLS3 View Post
If it is modded, I don't think they have to prove anything. Modded=voided warranty. Many members here (as well as on other forums I've been on) have been through this. The only thing that surprises me in this case is that they even fixed it the first times.
I got that straight from the service manager at the dealership
dkittrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:23 PM   #19
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
You can always take your vehicle to another dealership for a second opinion. Also if you would like me to contact the involved dealership to make them aware, please send me your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage and involved dealership.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Make them aware of what? That he is putting his car back to stock and trying a different dealership?
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:46 PM   #20
greenvillepilot
2fast4you

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rberns View Post
Make them aware of what? That he is putting his car back to stock and trying a different dealership?

Old 07-31-2012, 10:07 PM   #21
Rcfiddy1
Sold car...

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS/RS #37115
You goto pay to play brutha....Buy a set of 1000hp axles amd move on.
ECS Novi 1500 Supercharged, LS3 conversion, Small blower cam, Alky Meth injection, 3:45 rear, BMR Suspension parts, 1LE Sways, Billy Boat ZL1 dual mode exhaust.
Rcfiddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:55 PM   #22
Kodis16

Drives: Red 2010 camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced1 View Post
Sounds like you beat the piss out of your car. I'm sure the dealer is suspecting you have more mods then you're letting on to. They can void out a warranty but I'm pretty sure they need some sort of cause/reason. If they want to get picky....and with your claims they will.....they can void the powertrain warranty on the headers alone. Good luck with the dealer and your repairs. What dealer are you going to?
Ziegler Chevy in Schaumburg il
Kodis16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:01 AM   #23
ZL600 FK

Drives: 2012 SLP ZL600 #15 (IOM) Convert
Those few mods should not be causing these problems! I have way more power and have no issue - I do not baby it either
ZL600 FK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:08 AM   #24
Kodis16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcfiddy1 View Post
You goto pay to play brutha....Buy a set of 1000hp axles amd move on.
I'll most likely do this... Suggest any?
Old 08-01-2012, 12:15 AM   #25
Kodis16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclark10 View Post
OP, from your first post and your profile, looks like you have a 2010 SS that you bought used. If the last 8 digits of vin# is below A9125000 you are likely in the group of LS3 cars that had the trans output shaft issue. This would be why they fixed this problem no questions asked. I'm 125261 and I sweat this issue. If someone else owned this car for 2 and half years before you, you have to ask yourself, why didn't it break on them? He probably didn't beat on it that hard. If you are using launch control, that is another recipe for disaster. Listen to what everyone else on here has said. You can have fun with these cars, but they're not exactly bulletproof, especially in that vin range. Also, this should be in the Camaro issues/Warranty Discussion section, and will likely get moved there.
Good luck.
Mine is in this range and the output shaft snapped the first time I launched the car when I got it but I never use launch control
Old 08-01-2012, 11:19 AM   #26
Rcfiddy1
Sold car...

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS/RS #37115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodis16 View Post
I'll most likely do this... Suggest any?
If your going to mod slowly Id start off with geforce 1000hp. They have lifetime warranty and will upgrade you if you break them to 1400hp axles. Dont forget the Jannetty Posi mod since it sounds like your gonna start the one wheel burnout soon. Also some suspension parts out back will help keep everything from hopping. Just get your check book out...
ECS Novi 1500 Supercharged, LS3 conversion, Small blower cam, Alky Meth injection, 3:45 rear, BMR Suspension parts, 1LE Sways, Billy Boat ZL1 dual mode exhaust.
Rcfiddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:26 AM   #27
eastwoodisme

Drives: 2010 LS3 CGM 2SS Camaro
This is EXACLTY what happened to my car. Wow. That is crazy. My car is in the shop for it now.
eastwoodisme is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axle shaft, broken, drive shaft, problems, warrenty