Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 11-15-2012, 02:17 PM   #15
IPF-Tuning

Drives: Camaro, CTS-V, Escalade, GMC Sierra
Now Riki's car is at Mile High so we normally see a lot more increase in Horse Power since it starves at that Altitude. There are more Posts to come. Stay IPF Tuned......

Thanks,

Jesse!
IPF-Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:50 PM   #16
Pt_killa

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro V6
Turbo systems can be maintenance free if you keep at reasonable boost levels and use quality parts. For proof of reliablity, most factory FI cars use turbos, research and you will see. Also, my turbo cam has lasted more than 50k miles at 5psi without any major maintenance that is related to the turbo. However, it seems the supercharger options out there for our car is legit as well.
(Sold Sept 2015) Stock 18" Heritage w/ BFG G-Force ZR tires / Blacked out bowties and tail lights / DIY Remote-Mount Turbo Kit (Precision 6776S .81ar ex. @ 6.5psi, Tial 38mm WG, Greddy Type-S BOV) / RX Catch Can / RX-FTI 3600 Stall / Blue Well Lights / Team LLT
Pt_killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:54 PM   #17
BillionaireHero

Drives: Synergy Green Special Edition
I've had my IPF system for a few months now and am very happy with it. Seems like it has more power now than the day I first had it installed. Maybe the colder weather has something to do with it. I've had the pleasure of surprising a few cars at a red light.
Mine ran a 13.85 1/4 mile but that was with aftermarket 21inch custom Chevy wheels on it. I had to run the car with track control on or it would just spin. I have no doubt with the right tires and wheels I could shave a second off my time. My only complaint about the system and I'm sure it wouldn't matter what system you went with is the much lower capacity washer fluid container. Other than that it's a nice upgrade.
BillionaireHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:04 PM   #18
MrGood

Drives: Broken palmghetto test car
Send a message via Yahoo to MrGood
As someone who has spent $9,500 at Rx then taken all of the stuff off only to spend another chunk of change on an IPF system, IPF gets my vote. Feel free to PM me if you'd like any more info as I refuse to turn this into a rivalry warfare thread.
MrGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:28 AM   #19
Fr3e4gent

Drives: 1LT, Very First LLT Supercharged v6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeries View Post
So, I am likely to buy an FI system by end of next week for my 2010 LLT car. but i am a new member and novice to this and surely wouldn't want to read every thread with 10-20 pages of comments.

so i am here looking for advices, opinions, and other members reviews to help decide which system to buy, surely everyone is bias to what they bought but yet its helpful.

So here what I need for my system to be able to deliver:
1. ease with installment, my car is DD and i cant have the car away from me for more than 3 days, so i need a system that can be installed easily by any performance shop by 2 days and not 2 weeks or months.

2. perfected tune. i did read a lot of problems with tune with LLT engine, so i wouldn't buy a system that would have me to the garage every once and then to tweak the tune. I dont want a 5-6k dollar headache.

3. Performance: at least 400 wrhp and 340-360 wrtq from a system is decent for me, I want the system to make the car able to beat a stock SS, 5.0, SRT8, 370z and even lightly moded one, like only cars with only intake and exhausts.

I also would like a system with Trifecta tune, because I already bought the tune, but I have no problem of changing tunes if that would be better for me.

sorry for the log post, but 5-6k dollar is a lot of money and I dont want to buy and regret and cry in the corner for weeks. so please guide me in this.
Emeries,
First I would like to say welcome to Camaro5. Everyone here will be more than happy to share their experiences with you and their own opinions.

Further down that road, my 2010 LLT Camaro is Supercharged by IPF Tuning. It’s a bolt on kit and 100% reversible, low OEM build, V8 power with v6 efficiency and comes with a powertrain warranty.

The installation of this kit ranges from 6-10 hours.

My car stock at 235 whp (forgot base torque #) jumped up to 392 wrhp and 320 wrtq. This is with just a supercharger and tune. The only other aftermarket part on my car is catback exhaust MRT 2.0. I also have a dyno sheet if you wish to see it.

Because of this supercharger, I am able to smile as wide as the grand canyon when I beat a v8 =) and the looks on their faces are never forgotten.

However, the tune that IPF uses is not Trifecta. It’s their very own custom tune. Since IPF works with GM, they have access to the codes in the ECU. From this, they can change the computer codes enabling more out of the v6’s engine rather than adding more parts to get the right Air Fuel Ratio and etc. Their tune also can be calibrated or adjusted to the DA of where you live. If you have to look at it from a different view, I see it as quality over quantity. IPF perfects a tune just for your car.

I can strongly vouch for IPF Tuning because I was their very first customer and got my kit back in April and my car is as healthy as she was when I bought her. My Camaro is a Daily driver as well. (currently a college student at Arizona State University) I travel back to California for holidays or whenever I get the chance. Going 70-85mph all the way back to Ventura County, CA from Tempe, AZ (about 400 miles) I get about 29-31 mpg.

I may have missed a few things but If you have any further questions, feel free to send me a PM. I would be more than happy to tell you more about my LLT kit from IPF.

Regards,
Brandon
Old 11-16-2012, 07:58 AM   #20
Emeries

Drives: 2010 LT Camaro
Thanks everyone for your input and time to help me in this.

I think I have made my choice for my next week purchase , but more opinions are always welcome
Emeries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:24 AM   #21
blkngldbabe
Barossa's handler

Drives: 2LT/RS RJT
So....whats the decision??
Old 11-16-2012, 10:04 AM   #22
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkngldbabe View Post
So....whats the decision??

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:31 AM   #23
Emeries

Drives: 2010 LT Camaro
I dont want to mention what I will buy until I have fully paid for it by the end of next week.
Emeries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:51 PM   #24
blkngldbabe
Barossa's handler

Drives: 2LT/RS RJT
Don't have to mention brand...... :P I'm on the fence. Always loved Turbo over SC but I like what I'm seeing in these threads on the SC's. Whatever you go with I'm sure you're going to have an even bigger permagrin!

Congrats on your soon to be purchase.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:47 PM   #25
blackTT600

Drives: 2011 2LT M6 SC
Permagrin baby! I just got my IPF kit ordered! Going to be installed on Monday! I went with this kit because the tune is more proven and reliable. And let me tell you, the tune is by far the most important part of any FI option you look at!
blackTT600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:51 PM   #26
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Glad you deceided to join the IPF group ! Nice to see another LLT manual here !
I was getting to think there were no more Manual transmission people out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackTT600 View Post
Permagrin baby! I just got my IPF kit ordered! Going to be installed on Monday! I went with this kit because the tune is more proven and reliable. And let me tell you, the tune is by far the most important part of any FI option you look at!
Old 11-16-2012, 05:36 PM   #27
blackTT600

Drives: 2011 2LT M6 SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
Glad you deceided to join the IPF group ! Nice to see another LLT manual here !
I was getting to think there were no more Manual transmission people out there.
The dealer I got my car from said he would NEVER order another stick shift for his showroom or stock. I have to order my baby new from the factory. How could you get a Camaro in an auto??
blackTT600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:24 PM   #28
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Agreed !