Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 08-22-2009, 06:06 PM   #1
lostinvt
Serial #589!

Drives: 2010 2RS/SS
Zanio...my first experience, and pics of beading

So I finally took the plunge and did the Zanio thing on my 'bee yesterday.

Of course it was 95 degrees and humid as heck....I wanted to do more including claying the car, but the heat dictated what I did....
Short verison is washed the car, coat of Z5, then Z6, then Z2, then Z6....
Honestly it didnt blow my socks off (the shine that is), but it defintely was nice....
And of course 2 hours later it poured. I know a few people have asked about how water beads on Zanio, so some pics here....

I will also say that it's done a great job of keeping grime and dust off...after the first rain completely just beaded and ran off leaving the car spotless, and a day of driving around, the car doesnt have any grime or dirt anywhere, it's amazing!
Attached Images

lostinvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 06:45 PM   #2
Snuggles

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS, M6, whitestrip
IM about to walk outside and start the wash process. felt around on the paint and didnt feel any noticeable debris that needed to be "clayed" off so I will skip the clay process, then go to multiple coats of the Z-2, etc...

Just waiting for sun to go down a bit more to wash her then get her in the garage for the Zaino time!

Snuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 08:05 PM   #3
DEW

Drives: Hoopdee
I got caught in a 5 minute rain shower on the way home from work yesterday. The car was completely dry by the time I pulled it into the garage. I was suprised that you could not tell that the car even got wet, not one rain spot anywhere! That stuff (Ziano) is amazing!

BUILD - 6/12/2009
Airaid V2, Flowmaster AT
DEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 09:35 PM   #4
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
Zaino Rocks
Old 08-23-2009, 10:25 PM   #5
formulahawk

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEW View Post
That stuff (Ziano) is amazing!
I agree, when used properly nothing is better, ease of use and durability.

Came home 09-07-22
VIN# 25963

1969 Firebird 400
1978 Camaro 305 V8
1994 Firebird Formula LT1
2002 Formula Firehawk LS1
formulahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 10:30 PM   #6
shevyman

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS IOM
it to all depends on how well you do the job. i have heard many ways to put on wax. but man alot of people on here are really jumping the gun. should wait the car is fine off the lot. should wait 6 months. i have had my tc for 5 years and she still shines over my buddys car. its the time you put into it. never wash to much or wax to much same with clay bar. i think first layer of wax in 6 months then about a year if driven daily about a year clay bar, sealer wax and then a nice layer of wax. then from there do some touch ups car wash's then another 6 months wax again.
shevyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 10:57 PM   #7
Heliwrench

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by shevyman View Post
it to all depends on how well you do the job. i have heard many ways to put on wax. but man alot of people on here are really jumping the gun. should wait the car is fine off the lot. should wait 6 months. i have had my tc for 5 years and she still shines over my buddys car. its the time you put into it. never wash to much or wax to much same with clay bar. i think first layer of wax in 6 months then about a year if driven daily about a year clay bar, sealer wax and then a nice layer of wax. then from there do some touch ups car wash's then another 6 months wax again.
I'd rather protect the paint from the environment from day one... but that's just me
Heliwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:38 PM   #8
shevyman

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heliwrench View Post
I'd rather protect the paint from the environment from day one... but that's just me

yeah i know. we all do stuff differently. i was speaking of how i do it. but trust me i wanted to do the same thing but i am scared of messing the car up right away and not being able to fix it. plus my car is getting repainted in a month for the show. so mine should shine.
shevyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:55 PM   #9
S-10Ken

Drives: 94 S-10 01 Silverado 68, 10 Camaro
Do you put anything on the flat black stripes or did you leave them alone?
S-10Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:59 PM   #10
lostinvt
Serial #589!

Drives: 2010 2RS/SS
I found a post somewhere from the guys at Zaino that said it's OK to put on the stripes. The first few coats were a bit streaky, but I'm going to guess it's a combination of them never having had anything on them so they were 'thirsty' and also it was a bit sunny, and the stripes were a lot hotter than the rest of the car....
After the third round, they evened out and now have a slight shine to them, I kind of like it!
lostinvt is offline   Reply With Quote