Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 07-26-2011, 02:42 PM   #5867
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
I like to see the guts myself.... but I can see why others like the "clean" look. To each their own I guess!
My dad hates engine covers. I still remember when Number 3 stopped by with Thor. The minute my dad looked under the hood, he said, "Ugh. It's all covered up."
Old 07-26-2011, 04:29 PM   #5868
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Engine covers - trying to hide something?
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:18 PM   #5869
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Hey Fen yall hearing the same rumours about the 6th Gen over at GMI?
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:41 PM   #5870
FenwickHockey65

What rumors? I've heard a lot of rumors regarding the 6th gen.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:43 PM   #5871
ShnOmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
What rumors? I've heard a lot of rumors regarding the 6th gen.
From the homepage.....

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160976

Seems early to me for a complete refresh.....
Old 07-26-2011, 06:15 PM   #5872
FenwickHockey65

Not really. Standard model life.

Remember that this isn't the 80s and 90s anymore where the F-bodies went a decade between redesigns. Ford isn't sitting around doing nothing with the Mustang, and Camaro needs to be ready to answer whatever it is Ford produces just to piss off that idiot Farley even more.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:33 PM   #5873
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Please, everyone feel free to call me Joe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Dragoneye,
What if there would have been a low to mid 40's Z28 available (as spec'd out in the Z28 section of the forum)? Would you still be looking at a modded SS?
It depends. If it's going to ride like a go-kart and come stripped...then no. Mine will be a 2SS, because I want gadgets and comfort in addition to the performance. It's a daily-driver, after all. I don't like the Boss Mustang as it's offered for a few reasons. So if Chevy offered a close equivalent like some are proposing in the Z28 section, I'd have very little interest.

The car I'm planning to get is close what I'd envision a Z28 to be in the current lineup. Slightly more power, better handling, and a little more 'show' than a standard SS. If I add coil-overs later in time, the vision will be complete. All with the benefit of lower maintenance costs on top of the lower initial investment.

So I guess what I'm saying is if Chevy took a ZL1, dropped the LSA, MR, expensive wheels and drivetrain work to reach the low 40s in price, then absolutely. I'd love to own that sort of Z28!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
....Chance, this discussion has caused me to re-evaluate the whole situation, and Dragoneye's THR decision is a viable approach giving him a clear cut choice inbetween the SS and the ZL1 where Chevy does not. There is no Z-28 middle runner option, or perfomance factory upgrades to the SS, and Chevy isn't going to do it anytime. That has been made perfectly clear during the ongoing Z28 discussion. Clearly the ZL1 is a special car that is in a special rarified category spec'd out to the hilt with everything for everyone. It will be Chevy's equivalent of the Saturn V rocket . The price will reflect that, and price is a determining factor for most of us in making the decision as Dragoneye pointed out. In regards to price and getting what you want, if you want something that does not exist, within reason it can be done yourself alacarte through authorized Chevy hot rod dealer menus. Bravo Dragoneye....BTW THR is making me rethink my position. And, for the record, I am not of one of those rebel rouser LS7'ers.....LOL , I would just like some real choice, remember when we had high performance upgrades and options a long time ago, or even into the not so distant past?......something other than cosmetic add-ons that don't improve the performance of the vehicle. Decals, plastic accoutraments, and wheels and alike are nice to personalize the look of your new car.... but what about to improve the performance of your new car. It's about affordability, and choice....
Don't think too hard. That's what got me into this in the first place. You've got to "feel" what's right, as silly as it may sound.

Quote:
You have to do what makes sense for you! Soooooo what if GM releases a Z/28 that is priced somewhere between the SS and ZL1?

Damn the decisions....
See above.

The Z28 is my favorite Camaro nameplate by far. If it existed in a configuration I was interested in, I'd jump on it in a heartbeat. But, the bottom line is it does not exist...and I'm at my wit's end waiting to own a Camaro (for personal reasons, not an attack on Chevy). Plus - THR offers phenomenal stuff. I can't wait to say "I've got a Tom Henry Racing Edition".

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Dragoneye is the perfect example for a higher performing Camaro at a more reasonable pricepoint than the ZL1 will be offered at.
I suppose this situation is a pretty decent example in favor of a Z28 model...though I'm still buying a Camaro from them...they aren't losing anything in this situation.

Quote:
Not really. Standard model life.

Remember that this isn't the 80s and 90s anymore where the F-bodies went a decade between redesigns. Ford isn't sitting around doing nothing with the Mustang, and Camaro needs to be ready to answer whatever it is Ford produces just to piss off that idiot Farley even more.
Supposedly Ford has "a new direction" for the Mustang...I've read that quote a few places. While we're on the silly-rumor-bus, it'll be interesting to see if they follow through - and if it face-plants or not.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:01 AM   #5874
FenwickHockey65

There's a rumor that the 6th gen will depart from the modern retro styling.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:44 AM   #5875
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1 or Suzuki Hayabusa
Quote:
Yes, I heard they are instead going with retro-retro styling and have acquired the rights to the most popular body style ever produced, the original VW Beetle, which has always galled FoMoCo because it was the only thing more round and bubbly than their Mustakes.

Disclaimer: That is a (near) total fabrication because I needed to blow off some steam.

In truth, the concept art I saw looked for all the world like a slightly tweaked Dodge Stealth or Mitsubishi 3000. I always thought those looked better than Moose-tang.

Scarrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:33 AM   #5876
tsnow

Drives: 12' ZL1, AGM 6M
[QUOTE=Scarrzz;3527009]Yes, I heard they are instead going with retro-retro styling and have acquired the rights to the most popular body style ever produced, the original VW Beetle, which has always galled FoMoCo because it was the only thing more round and bubbly than their Mustakes.

Now that..
That there is funny

In truth, the concept art I saw looked for all the world like a slightly tweaked Dodge Stealth or Mitsubishi 3000. I always thought those looked better than moose-tang.

Not to sure I like that direction though.
tsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:42 AM   #5877
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
This possibility is one of the exact reasons I feel like the 5th Gen is right for me. I'm surprised how short this run was, considering. I guess the Zeta chassis has been in production in AUS since '06, so that makes some sense, even though CAMARO rides on Zeta II. Anyways, the styling is what immediately drew me to the 5th Gen because it's so close to my favorite generation.

[QUOTE=tsnow;3527039]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarrzz View Post
Yes, I heard they are instead going with retro-retro styling and have acquired the rights to the most popular body style ever produced, the original VW Beetle, which has always galled FoMoCo because it was the only thing more round and bubbly than their Mustakes.

Now that..
That there is funny

In truth, the concept art I saw looked for all the world like a slightly tweaked Dodge Stealth or Mitsubishi 3000. I always thought those looked better than moose-tang.

Not to sure I like that direction though.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:13 AM   #5878
ShnOmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post

See above.

The Z28 is my favorite Camaro nameplate by far. If it existed in a configuration I was interested in, I'd jump on it in a heartbeat. But, the bottom line is it does not exist...and I'm at my wit's end waiting to own a Camaro (for personal reasons, not an attack on Chevy). Plus - THR offers phenomenal stuff. I can't wait to say "I've got a Tom Henry Racing Edition".
I know I would be proud to drive a THR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
This possibility is one of the exact reasons I feel like the 5th Gen is right for me. I'm surprised how short this run was, considering. I guess the Zeta chassis has been in production in AUS since '06, so that makes some sense, even though CAMARO rides on Zeta II. Anyways, the styling is what immediately drew me to the 5th Gen because it's so close to my favorite generation.
Even though it is just a rumour it has me spooked..... I am starting to wonder if waiting for a Z/28 will take me out of the 5th gen Im not sure I am willing to do that, I realllllly love the look of the 5th Gen!!!!!!

Ughhhh decisions decisions....
Old 07-27-2011, 11:30 AM   #5879
Blizzard
Searching for the truth

Drives: 85 K-10, 13 1LE
Quote:
I know I would be proud to drive a THR!

Even though it is just a rumour it has me spooked..... I am starting to wonder if waiting for a Z/28 will take me out of the 5th gen Im not sure I am willing to do that, I realllllly love the look of the 5th Gen!!!!!!

We will know if we get a Z28 before the last 5th gen rolls off the line
Old 07-27-2011, 11:36 AM   #5880
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:

I agree!
The styling is what's selling the Camaro. If they mess with that too much, OUCH!

Stealth/GT3000 styling UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
"number z", 2014 700hp z/28, 3/27/2013, 75k, super de duper z thread, thread for the zed, what'z up?, where's our z/28, why no big z?, z/28 spring 2014