Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 09-16-2009, 08:21 AM   #1
S8ER01Z

Drives: Camaro Z28
Speedy, Nineball, any other record holder/great drivers in here please.

I need some advice... I have down a decent launch method... it's not great but I can get the car moving with no fuss, nice and smooth. I believe I shift quick enough and my times seem to reflect that a bit IMHO. This is where I need some insight. Something is holding me back and I think I have an idea of what it is just need some answers to know if I am right.

Shift Method? What method do you guys use to get your best times? I lift during shifts, usually about a 1/4 of the pedal and seem to catch the next gear at about 4200~4500rpm. This works for me but I am wondering if the difference between me having a great time and just a good time is the no lift shift? Obviously good air and track prep (good launch) are key components but I am still wondering what I can do elsewhere to improve my times.

I have a rental coming up Oct 31st at Cordova (should be near 0 DA again) and track prep is usually good enough to break some axles (3 died last Sunday at a rental there).. any tips? thoughts?

Thanks guys!