Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest

Old 07-08-2011, 05:59 AM   #1359
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly1 View Post
Some of us were thinking that the people entering cars in the show would meet at Lawrence Dumont and drive in to the show from there.
I know those who plan on entering may have plans to get there early and so forth, I don't recall who is all entering?

The majority of us will be @ Old Chicago then head over to Automobilia to look around. Parking though should be interesting..
Old 07-08-2011, 07:24 AM   #1360
Superfly1

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT #2197
Sounds like a plan. So far the only ones I know for sure entering are DandDC09, 2ss/rskmw, & us.

CAI intake | OBX LT Headers | Flowmaster AT Exhaust | Trifecta Tune | SS Rear Diff, Axles & Driveshaft
Zex 100 Shot Nitrous | Konig Airstrike Wheels | Custom Engine Cover, Fuse Box & Underhood Bowtie
Eibach Springs & SS Sway Bars
| BMR Strut Brace | Drake Shifter | Vitesse Paddles | 13.26 @ 105.88 mph
Superfly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:55 AM   #1361
JayhawkSS
Autobot

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Hey everyone! Been a long time since I've posted on this thread!

I wrecked my winter SUV last month so now driving my Camaro SS around as the DD. Does anyone drive their Camaro during the winter in Kansas? What has been your experience?

I really don't want to get rid of my baby!
JayhawkSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:05 AM   #1362
mistasullivan

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS, 1969 El Camino
If we get snow like we did last year, I can't see a Camaro doing very well. I don't know how it was were you live but the ice and snow packed streets we had will make it pretty hard.
mistasullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:06 PM   #1363
aldaron327
Onward and Upward.

Drives: '13 Equinox LTZ AWD,'09 Silverado
Send a message via MSN to aldaron327 Send a message via Yahoo to aldaron327
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkSS View Post
Hey everyone! Been a long time since I've posted on this thread!

I wrecked my winter SUV last month so now driving my Camaro SS around as the DD. Does anyone drive their Camaro during the winter in Kansas? What has been your experience?

I really don't want to get rid of my baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistasullivan View Post
If we get snow like we did last year, I can't see a Camaro doing very well. I don't know how it was were you live but the ice and snow packed streets we had will make it pretty hard.
Daily drive my SS and did so during the last winter. I even drove through KC when sections of the interstate were just packed snow and the plows hadn't made it through yet. My advice is use throttle judiciously, put a little weight in the trunk, and most importantly, invest in snow tires. I bought a set of Pirelli Scorpion Ice and Snow tires and they served me well. I drove my car all winter with no issues. I never lost traction when I didn't mean to.

-Tim
MODS: CAI by CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-Back, DBA 5000 Slotted/Cross-drilled rotors (Front), Hawk HPS Pads, Russell Braided Brake Lines, DBA 4000 Slotted/Cross-drilled rotors (Rear), Barton Short-Throw Shifter, UM Comp Extractor Hood & Gen I Spoiler, custom paint
aldaron327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:10 PM   #1364
JayhawkSS
Autobot

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldaron327 View Post
Daily drive my SS and did so during the last winter. I even drove through KC when sections of the interstate were just packed snow and the plows hadn't made it through yet. My advice is use throttle judiciously, put a little weight in the trunk, and most importantly, invest in snow tires. I bought a set of Pirelli Scorpion Ice and Snow tires and they served me well. I drove my car all winter with no issues. I never lost traction when I didn't mean to.

-Tim
Nice! I don't need to drive very far for work so it may be alright. I'm just worried about all the salt and crap on the roads during the winter!
JayhawkSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:17 PM   #1365
aldaron327
Onward and Upward.

Drives: '13 Equinox LTZ AWD,'09 Silverado
Send a message via MSN to aldaron327 Send a message via Yahoo to aldaron327
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkSS View Post
Nice! I don't need to drive very far for work so it may be alright. I'm just worried about all the salt and crap on the roads during the winter!
I won't lie... the salt and sand/gravel "put a beatin'" on my paint, vinyl graphics, and the '69 emblems (SSs and Camaro logo) that I worked so hard on. Mechanically, the car did great. The other stuff, not so much. I'm going to try really hard and find a nice 4 door commuter/beater that my wife and I can ride to work together in. I'm just getting tired of filling up a Silverado and a Camaro SS every week to go within 10 miles of each other. It would also help if we had closer work schedules.

Anyway, if I do, I'll probably sell my winter wheels/tires (245s front/275s rear mounted on stock midnight silver 20"s).

-Tim
MODS: CAI by CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-Back, DBA 5000 Slotted/Cross-drilled rotors (Front), Hawk HPS Pads, Russell Braided Brake Lines, DBA 4000 Slotted/Cross-drilled rotors (Rear), Barton Short-Throw Shifter, UM Comp Extractor Hood & Gen I Spoiler, custom paint
aldaron327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:58 PM   #1366
Aequitas & Veritas

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS, 2009 GTR
I had to venture out in 3 inches of snow one day with my summer Pirelli's it was terrible. I was in class and it wasn't supposed to snow that day. Stupid Kansas weather. But I had to get back to my apartment only 3 miles away but I made it, but I had to drift basically every corner and was afraid of stopping. But I have heard wonderful things about winter tires. Another reason I'm getting a new set of rims.

As for the sand/salt/etc I didn't have any problems with it. Just gotta take advantage of the sunny days and go wash it all off. My paint is perfect still.

Hey Aldaron327, If you do decide to sell your winter tires and wheels let me know.
Aequitas & Veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:51 PM   #1367
Ject
aka Patrick

HOOOOOOTTTTT

thats all I have to say for todays events. Consistent 106 today with a high of 108.... shesh.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:17 PM   #1368
Superfly1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ject View Post
HOOOOOOTTTTT

thats all I have to say for todays events. Consistent 106 today with a high of 108.... shesh.

Yeah it was hot, but it was the storm that never came that chased everyone off...

The show was a good time until most of the cars & spectators left. I will post pics later...

CAI intake | OBX LT Headers | Flowmaster AT Exhaust | Trifecta Tune | SS Rear Diff, Axles & Driveshaft
Zex 100 Shot Nitrous | Konig Airstrike Wheels | Custom Engine Cover, Fuse Box & Underhood Bowtie
Old 07-10-2011, 07:34 PM   #1369
Ject
aka Patrick

Waiting to hear back from the Oklahoma group on trying to get this meet finalized for August....
Probably going to be @ Tulsa, OK.
Something to do with Route 66 ...
August 20th or 27th time frame..

beyond that.. it's like ramming a concrete wall.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:55 PM   #1370
Superfly1

Tulsa would be good, but keep in mind that 8/27 is the weekend of the Blacktop Nationals here...

Old 07-10-2011, 09:03 PM   #1371
Ject
aka Patrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly1 View Post
Tulsa would be good, but keep in mind that 8/27 is the weekend of the Blacktop Nationals here...
yup...
Old 07-10-2011, 10:23 PM   #1372
Superfly1

Im gonna come.put some padding on that concrete wall...

Tags
kansas, kansas city, wichita