Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-05-2013, 08:49 PM   #15
BDBiker

Drives: Black 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Been a biker since I was 12 years old, I recently sold 3 of my bikes and kept my favorite bike(the chopper) to feed my need for 2 wheel fun. I sold my GSXR 1000 because it made me do things that I had no business doing, sold my Yamaha FJR1300 since I don't ride long rides with my wife due to her back, sold my Pro-Street hog since I liked the chopper more.
In the end, I am having a blast with my new 1LE and when the weather finally gives me a break, I will ride the chopper again. I know that you will go back to the Camaro when the new wears off the bike and it will be like 'new' again to you. Enjoy both and savor every minute of it!
Old 08-06-2013, 12:14 AM   #16
simes007us

Drives: Black 2SS/RS Camaro

Here is my bike: It's a Ducati Diavel. Long story short it's 2.5 seconds to 60mph and will do a 1/4 in 10.5 easy. It's pretty fast and fun.
It also has more toys to play with than my car:
8 way traction control, 2 way throttle response settings, 3 different horsepower mappings, abs and a warp drive

no cup holders though :(
simes007us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:37 AM   #17
Bowtiepower00

Drives: Previous Camaros: 69, 89, 11, 13
Sorry, the Camaro is a great car, but it will never compare to riding on 2 wheels. I used to ride year round regardless of where I lived, Florida, Iowa, AZ, the tropics, regardless of temp or weather, as long as it was above freezing and their wasn't actual ICE on the road.

On second thought, get married and have a kid, and live in an area full of crappy drivers that try to kill you everytime you ride, to the point that your wife cries everytime you ride because you've been hit and almost killed a couple of times (never my fault)... That's the ONLY thing that works for me, don't want my son to grow up without a dad.

Otherwise, no, you can do ANYTHING you want to your Camaro, and its not going to be as enjoyable to drive as riding a motorcycle is.

The adding power til it scares you thing doesn't work, all it does is get you into more trouble with the law after you get used to the power. Which doesn't take very long.
Bowtiepower00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:46 AM   #18
HaubSS

Drives: '11 IBM 2SS/RS LS3/M6
Just put the bike on the track. You will quickly lose the urge and desire to ride it on the street. Way more fun and a lot safer IMO.
BMR Stage 3 suspension
MRR 288 - 20x10(+35), 20x11(+43)
HaubSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:54 AM   #19
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Beautiful motorcycle, I have a 2010 Yamaha Raider S.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:16 AM   #20
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter1660 View Post
Move to florida....it's rained 35 of the last 40 days...makes it easy to park the bike
and don't forget the humidity
Old 08-06-2013, 08:00 AM   #21
HaulnSS
2013 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS M6 Dual Mode
Have a grain truck turn in front of you when you are doing 65MPH, glance off of its front wheel, hit a telephone pole and spend 6 weeks in hospital bed and years with back pain. It helps to get over the thrill of riding a bike. I absolutely loved to ride, but my wife would kill me if I bought another bike.

Hurst, Mojave Interior, 20% tint, Dual Mode Exhaust, ZL1 Splitter, ZL1 rockers, Blade spoiler, 3D Carbon rear quarter spats, CAI, Headers, M2W, catch can, apex scoop, LED DRL's, smoke side markers, billet aluminum SS emblems, Street Scene lower grill with scoops, BMR subframe connectors, lowering springs, bushings. Forgeline 20" w Nitto 315/275
HaulnSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:19 AM   #22
flyinlow

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
I've slowly been moving away from bikes and back to cars. I've had two accidents because of inattentive drivers, minor injuries fortunately because of good training I took and doing track days. But, this last year I have lost a couple of friends due to bike accidents and I'm the sole bread winner so its starting to change my focus. Still have one Ducati in the garage but haven't ridden it much this year.
flyinlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:11 AM   #23
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
I have the opposite problem, the Harley almost forgot my name. I still am not riding but I did move the bike into the kitchen... at least she gets to see me everyday now.
Attached Images

tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:34 AM   #24
RonnieG

Drives: 2013 AGM 1LE/2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fz4k98 View Post
Keep em both. When the edge comes off the fun of the Camaro, focus on the bike. When the edge comes off the bike, focus on the Camaro. I have been riding bikes for a long time and just got the Camaro last year. About the time I look at the bike collecting dust I end up riding it for days at a time and park the Camaro. When I go back to the Camaro its like new again.
This guy tried to focus on the bike, but instead focused on the Camaro.

RonnieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:52 AM   #25
Bauer2

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE and 2009 R1
I ride both just depends on my mood. Yes the bike is much faster but some times I just want to sit down and just drive.

Sent from the future!!
Attached Images

Bauer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:28 AM   #26
PsychoZL1

Drives: 2015 Challenger SRT
Quote:
Originally Posted by simes007us View Post

Help, I have gone to the two wheeled dark side!

Any good suggestions to make me want to drive the Camaro again?

It's a bit of a problem considering I'd have to add 400+ horsepower to the car to make it keep up with my bike
I honestly don't see what the problem is

Enjoy the bike, but enjoy the Camaro too!

Unfortunately, I'm in the same boat however the roles are switched. The Camaro is getting all the loving and my poor ZX-14 is begging to be ridden. The super hot weather where I'm at doesn't help much. Here's to the weather cooling down some.

BTW, the Diavel is one sweet ride!
PsychoZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:49 AM   #27
Bugnut

Drives: Camaro
Use and play with both. I love moto-camping and being in the mountains with the broad sword and the rapier makes for great weekends.

Work stopped a constant 30 to 40k annual moto mileage, and the Camaro knocked that down even more when it came along.

But I'll still get on my bike and ride. Just totally different and exhilarating experience.

This weekend in Florida was a frog strangler, but it was a blast on the bike. Dry by the time I got home from a couple hundred mile ride. Then into the Cam for late lunch with the wife. Bliss.

Mike
Old 08-06-2013, 11:00 AM   #28
Lord Ryan

Drives: Chevy Prelude RS V4 Hot Pink Ed.
^nice^

Lord Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote