Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 08:24 PM   #71
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
The thing is, the Savini wheels do look killer on my car. I'm so glad this worked out.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:29 PM   #72
CaniacFan

Drives: '10 SS CGM #75,288, '14 Stingray
OMG, I about puked reading every single post in this thread.

First, I find Terri (Darth_Emma) to be one of the most upstanding citizens of this forum (and she has one hell of a car as well).. PS: I like your dukes of Hazzard

Second, the back and forth is just disgusting. This individual (as well as others here on this forum) paid in excess of $7000 for wheels. The product should have been perfect out of the door (the first time). Instead, we continually read that the "customer" has damaged this high-end forged wheel upon delivery and/or mounting by known professionals.

It's sad that with the documented problems with this companies product(s) that they still continue to bash the customer, the vendor, the installer - everyone but themselves. It seems that negative threads are unfortunately the only way to get results when all that is necessary is that they provide the customer service that the customer deserves for paying the astronomical amount of money for this product. That's it, pure and simple.. Stand behind your product..

PQ (yes, I consider you upstanding as well, and yes, I am sober) and Terri I am thankful that Savini "owned up", but not how they handled each of your situations whatsoever.

Needless to say, I will not be purchasing Savini wheels, I plan to purchase my forged wheels with Vossen.

Sorry for your pain, but we C5 members thank you for the honesty. Lori
Old 12-16-2010, 08:49 PM   #73
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
The Dukes of Hazard picture was a product of GTAHVIT Productions. (I had to give credit where credit is due.)
Old 12-16-2010, 09:16 PM   #74
Alfieboy
Madman

Drives: 2017 1SS
theres 1 thing I dont like... Nick poste dthis... and as a rep.. I would never say this :

- In efforts to keep my response to a minimum,

that doesnt ring nicely.. BUT:

ANYWAYS its all fixed and everything happy again!
Old 12-16-2010, 09:42 PM   #75
GJG

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savini View Post

Randy - I (Nick) have stood behind everything I have said in person, on the forum, over the phone, etc. It is not easy to get things done as quickly as some would want when you work for a company this size. There are guide lines that I have to follow before we can take the most drastic action of remaking wheels.

Old 12-16-2010, 09:52 PM   #76
GJG

Quote:
Emma, this is what we had the long conversation about. I apologized for the misunderstanding and ended up eating 80% of the cost. Was this not what we equally agreed to?
you had his wheels....ie: a gun to his head.....
Old 12-16-2010, 09:59 PM   #77
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJG View Post
you had his wheels....ie: a gun to his head.....
Hers............ *gulp*

Old 12-16-2010, 10:04 PM   #78
GJG

Quote:
Emma, this is what we had the long conversation about. I apologized for the misunderstanding and ended up eating 80% of the cost. Was this not what we equally agreed to?
edited and reposted cuz i'm an idiot...

you had her wheels....ie: a gun to her head.....
Old 12-16-2010, 10:12 PM   #79
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
This is why you don't spend so much on rims imo because when you have problems you end up with a huge regret in terms of the money you spent.

Why can't you guys find a really nice set for $2,000-3,000? Unless you have so much to throw around on wheels...
Old 12-16-2010, 10:17 PM   #80
bob vogel

Drives: 2010 rs ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRockCGM View Post
Yikes! $1500.00 per wheel is a very discounted price...............
i've been to there shop ( store ) whatever you want to call it. i've talk to them in person. for them $1500.00 is a great deal . i think they are stuck back in time. maybe about 3 years ago when things where good for most people. these people are all about THERE money. to you all ....be careful with them. good luck
Old 12-16-2010, 10:34 PM   #81
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Darth_Emma good that you got it all worked out.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:40 AM   #82
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
I have a feeling that this will not be the last memebr here who is having problems, matter of fact I know that unfortunately but will let them deal with it in there own way and respect their request.

But it has occurred to me that this company is doing something kinda funny in a sense that they do sell a very pretty wheel, not the only pretty wheel but none the less a pretty wheel.

We scrape up and buy the wheels only for something to go wrong, out of balance, out of round, paint peeling, powder coat chipping or whatever else can go wrong with a set of wheels, then you are at thier mercy. Sound familiar?????

IT is like they play a shell game with us, Nick is the Rep, but we deal with the vendors, if there is a problem the vendor is taken out because the " Company" is going to take care of this , "Just for you" well needless to say it does not work out exactly like it should and after 40 days of hell is raised then the " Closer " comes in to make it right.

Something seems inherently wrong with this.

I buy alot of Adam's Polishes and he advertises a 110% guarantee. Not in writing but out of his mouth " Either like our product or we will buy it back .Period" I have made several purchases from this company and yes I have even tore up some stuff learning how to use it. And when I was ordering they looked back and asked why I was buying buffing pad since I had just bought them a week ago. I explained that I was an idiot and I messed them up becuase of my inexperience. Adma's replaced them FREE.

Adam's customer service is the best I have ever seen, if you don't believe me, just call and talk with them, then you will be sold.

Anyway I think some soul searching needs to be done at Savini, especially if they like selling on this forum. Too many people know what is going on and if they do not change their ways their sales will go down. JMHO
Old 12-17-2010, 08:23 AM   #83
overhaulengines

Drives: Red 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
I have a feeling that this will not be the last memebr here who is having problems, matter of fact I know that unfortunately but will let them deal with it in there own way and respect their request.

But it has occurred to me that this company is doing something kinda funny in a sense that they do sell a very pretty wheel, not the only pretty wheel but none the less a pretty wheel.

We scrape up and buy the wheels only for something to go wrong, out of balance, out of round, paint peeling, powder coat chipping or whatever else can go wrong with a set of wheels, then you are at thier mercy. Sound familiar?????

IT is like they play a shell game with us, Nick is the Rep, but we deal with the vendors, if there is a problem the vendor is taken out because the " Company" is going to take care of this , "Just for you" well needless to say it does not work out exactly like it should and after 40 days of hell is raised then the " Closer " comes in to make it right.

Something seems inherently wrong with this.

I buy alot of Adam's Polishes and he advertises a 110% guarantee. Not in writing but out of his mouth " Either like our product or we will buy it back .Period" I have made several purchases from this company and yes I have even tore up some stuff learning how to use it. And when I was ordering they looked back and asked why I was buying buffing pad since I had just bought them a week ago. I explained that I was an idiot and I messed them up becuase of my inexperience. Adma's replaced them FREE.

Adam's customer service is the best I have ever seen, if you don't believe me, just call and talk with them, then you will be sold.

Anyway I think some soul searching needs to be done at Savini, especially if they like selling on this forum. Too many people know what is going on and if they do not change their ways their sales will go down. JMHO

well said. it seems that most people that have had problems have not said anything about their not so good experience, wanting to give the company they purchased from the benefit of the doubt, in that its an isolated incident. But here lately people are speaking up and when one does, others are starting to realize that its not just them or just an isolated incident. their are companies here who do it right and fix it right away with no threats or arguing needed.
i love adams also and like adams, there are many good companies here on camaro5, and some not so good. the cream will rise to the top.
i said this earlier, if you purchase on the internet or this forum, be specific in written email or pm's, NOT over the phone, if we dont do this, then it's our word against theirs if something comes up. be safe and learn.

lupe
Old 12-17-2010, 09:06 AM   #84
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Quote:
-
- As I mentioned, like every company, we make mistakes. We specifically do not deal with consumers for this fact alone. If you buy a Sony TV from Walmart, and you have an issue, do you go to Sony to fix the problem?
First, I'm a customer of SAVINI, but purchase NON painted/powerdercoated wheels and have no problem with Savini.

Glad to see SAVINI made it right for you Darth, I made my decission to go Savini after visiting their complex prior to SEMA!
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4

Closed Thread