Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-15-2009, 08:15 AM   #57
Jericho
Come see me.

Drives: Chevrolet Line-up
Send a message via Yahoo to Jericho
Another thing, I've been looking at Pedders Camaro Street II suspension and Detroit Speed's package set up. Wondering what the real difference is and value in the long run.
Vin#30271
Jericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 03:12 AM   #58
Jericho
Come see me.

Dropped Detroits package, it doesn't have everything I'm looking for with suspension. It's an awsome system so I don't want anyone to think I believe otherwise, in fact I think it's awsome and i love the stance it gives the Camaro. But, I believe that I'll get better left and rights from the Pedders at value. The only down side with Pedders is I have to buy two seperat kits, the up side there still less than Detroits.
Vin#30271
Old 07-27-2009, 07:34 AM   #59
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
MTI Racing’s 2010 Camaro Six Shooter Shifter

MTI Racing’s new 2010 Camaro Six Shooter Shifter is here. The stock Camaro shifter has many rubber components that numb the performance feel. MTI Racing has engineered the MTI Racing Six Shooter Shifter with better materials, shorter throw, and a better overall feel. Now you can confidently go through the gears with confidence and precision.

The throw is reduced by approximately 25% and a HUGE improvement in feel. It feels like 1000% improvement. The stock OEM shifter is made using a 4-pc shaft that is bushed with rubber, a pressed-on ball joint, and a welded-on pivot that holds a shaft bearing attached to rubber linkage bushings.

The new MTI Racing Six Shooter Shifter is made of high quality stainless steel with a 1-pc ball machined directly into the lower stick, and a roller bearing at the base shift rod link. The kit also replaces the stock rubber bushings with durable delrin composite bushings, increasing the overall strength and life of the shifter assembly. The MTI Racing Six Shooter Shifter requires little to no extra effort when shifting, and instills confidence with its solid structural feel. Mission accomplished.

The MTI Racing Six Shooter shifter kit is not an entire shifter housing replacement. The kit includes the hardware to convert the shifter and its internal hardware with the highest quality components, while retaining the factory housing. Installation of the shifter requires the transmission to be lowered slightly to remove and install the shifter assembly. The new shifter is designed to use the stock shift knob or an aftermarket knob. Made in the USA. Available for V6 and V8 Camaros.

MTI Racing Six Shooter Shifter for 2010 Camaro = $374 + install

http://www.mtiracing.com/index.php?o...157&Itemid=124
Old 07-27-2009, 01:06 PM   #60
levi1922

Drives: 2LT RS CGM
WOW! so last time i searched, it said that my dealer was not a GM accessories certified dealer, so i picked the next closest one, and everything is about 20-30% cheaper from my dealer than it was from the next closest! exhaust went from 1000 uninstalled with tips, to $798. these prices seem a a little bit more reasonable
Old 07-27-2009, 01:23 PM   #61
ajp
50th Anniversary Vert

Drives: Camaro 2017 50th Anniversary
Any know what kind of HP improvements are expected for each of the GMPP options (individual/combined)?
Old 07-27-2009, 03:36 PM   #62
Jericho
Come see me.

Must

Know

More

On

MT

I
Vin#30271
Old 07-27-2009, 11:11 PM   #63
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
Quote:
Originally Posted by acehole View Post
ok guys...i need help wanna beef up the v6 but dont know where to start...can you get me started in the right direction on what to pick and where to start....when all is said and done woukd kije to finish it off with a supercharger if the tranny can take it..if someone could lay down a plan for mr would be really great
im doing the same stuff myself to my car..not gonna say anything yet cause i dont want to get your hopes up about anything like i do and make myself look like ive been blowing hot air..but so far a company is taking my car and keeping it for at least a month to fabricate a turbo for the V6 theyve done an SS so far and nobody even has a turbo or anything to use as a blueprint for a turbo so they're gonna use my car for the blueprints..and theyre gonna cut me a huge deal for letting them use my "precious" so ill let you know if they are still gonna do it, hopefully they are still doing it. and how much hp im gonna get and who they are, cause like i said i dont wanna get everyones hopes up like mine are then something goes wrong and i get crushed and made to look like an overzealous douche..LOL.so ill let you know everything once its all said and done, and by then you should be able to buy one from them since theyll have them. Ill keep you posted ACE.
Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 11:18 PM   #64
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

I got another one for you MIlk. Its an aftermarket air intake system for the V6. Its from Jegs and i had one ordered and all was going as planned till i asked the guys thats gonna do my turbo if it would get in the way or even still be useable after the turbo upgrade..they said to cancel the order for the intake system..and jegs responded promptely and said that if i changed my mind that they would send it right away..i initially found it through Google but when i went to Jeggs directly i couldnt find it at all even in the v6 section and the intake category for v6s and even their search engine..but if you go to Google and use the SHOPPING category and type in 3.6 V6 air intake Jeggs or something to that effect it pops right up..and i know its legit cause when the guy from jeggs emailed me it wasnt just an automated response..it was from an actual salesman at jeggs and he even listed the part i was cancelling.so if youre wanting to do an aftermarket air intake. The one that turns cone shaped at the end there it is. Hope this long boring post helps you guys
Old 08-01-2009, 11:00 PM   #65
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Found this link, you guys may have already seen it, but since we are collaborating our knowledge of parts heres a good site to check out..also i got my rims from www.performanceplustires.com. heres the parts site with all kinds of parts for both V6 and V8s has exhaust, air intakes, and NOS. http://www.msperformanceonline.com/2...aro-parts.html
Old 08-02-2009, 10:35 AM   #66
Jericho
Come see me.

That intake is the same one that summit has to offer.
Vin#30271
Old 08-02-2009, 06:30 PM   #67
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

yeah they have alot of stuff on that site.some really great mirrored steel that covers the entire underneath of the hood making it a giant mirror that reflects your engine and everything..looks great. they have that NOS kit too and im sure all the exhaust they have out for the camaro..i was just browsing and came across that site..and thought id post it
Old 08-08-2009, 05:25 AM   #68
Jericho
Come see me.

I'm not complaining, I really just want to know how much better it will be for me.
Vin#30271
Old 08-21-2009, 08:02 PM   #69
mydreamcar
My Dream Car

Drives: 2011 SIM LS3 1SS
mydreamcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 07:28 AM   #70
theholycow

Drives: '02 GMC Sierra, '80 Lesabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by mydreamcar View Post
I have never seen such eloquence.
1980 Buick Lesabre family heirloom with 36,000 miles
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 door I5-2.5 5spd DD lease
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
she really underestimates the damage i would do to her reproductive organs
http://allOffTopic.com is the place for all the naughty stuff you can't get away with on this forum...
theholycow is offline   Reply With Quote