Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-06-2012, 03:12 PM   #281
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
Lmfao had me rollin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
Here are some more pictures from Curiosity.

This is amazing.
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:38 PM   #282
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossbunny View Post
Sad.
It really is.

Jaren, if I ever met you in person, I have a feeling we'd have a lot to talk about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossbunny View Post
I hope private companies take on space exploration... Then maybe one day we will be like Star Trek.
I want private companies to pick up the slack, but I don't want NASA to go away. I don't know. Maybe I just have an unusual connection to NASA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
Lmfao had me rollin

This is amazing.

That picture just amazes me. It was taken on a another planet. And what's also cool, is that it kinda looks like Earth.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:43 PM   #283
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Quote:

That picture just amazes me. It was taken on a another planet. And what's also cool, is that it kinda looks like Earth.
Looks just like Earth. It's all very astonishing. I can see why you are so interested in this.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:02 PM   #284
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
Looks just like Earth. It's all very astonishing. I can see why you are so interested in this.
Cause it's just so cool. Just not knowing what's out there interests me.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:20 PM   #285
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Quote:
Cause it's just so cool. Just not knowing what's out there interests me.
They say life on a planet is like what a 1/5908563487 chance or something? Well the universe never ends so there can be an unlimited amount of planets. Which that would mean there is bound to be life somewhere. No matter how far. Who knows what other technology is out there. Teleportation, traveling via black holes, invisibility, who knows. It's definitely interesting. Just sucks that there will always be more to learn and questions will always go unanswered.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:11 PM   #286
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

There's stuff out there. No doubt about that. Not getting religion involved, but anyone who thinks we're the only species out there needs a reality check.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:20 PM   #287
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Old 08-06-2012, 09:09 PM   #288
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro
Quote:
It really is.

Jaren, if I ever met you in person, I have a feeling we'd have a lot to talk about.

I want private companies to pick up the slack, but I don't want NASA to go away. I don't know. Maybe I just have an unusual connection to NASA.

I bet we would indeed!

NASA is just so nostalgic. It is sad for it to go... But what comes next will be cool too!
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:21 PM   #289
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

NASA isn't going anywhere. They are currently working on Orion, the spacecraft that will eventually take astronauts beyond LEO. I'll post some pictures for you tomorrow.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:25 PM   #290
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
NASA isn't going anywhere. They are currently working on Orion, the spacecraft that will eventually take astronauts beyond LEO. I'll post some pictures for you tomorrow.
It's all going so slowly though. I had hoped we'd be on the moon by the year 2000-2010.

The budget for NASA is tiny, but that gets into politics...so I'll leave it at that. To me, though...this is the most important thing our species should be doing. Spread out human population to different worlds, that way if there ever is a major disaster (comet hitting earth, nuclear war, etc) we don't have all our eggs in one basket.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:10 AM   #291
Texas2SS
Vroom

Drives: Rarely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
It's all going so slowly though. I had hoped we'd be on the moon by the year 2000-2010.

The budget for NASA is tiny, but that gets into politics...so I'll leave it at that. To me, though...this is the most important thing our species should be doing. Spread out human population to different worlds, that way if there ever is a major disaster (comet hitting earth, nuclear war, etc) we don't have all our eggs in one basket.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:26 AM   #292
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Quote:

NASA should've taken one of two paths;

1. NASA learned in 2004 that the Space Shuttles would be retired in 2010 (Later extended to 2011). They should've started working on a replacement right then and there.

2. Keep at least one orbiter in comission (Most likely Endeavour since she's only 19) while they work on a replacement. That way American would still be in space. That reminds me, NASA was actually trying to let the president let them keep Atlantis and Endeavour in service until Orion was ready. While Discovery was being gutted, Endeavour and Atlantis had a "Do no harm" rule on them. But Obama decided to let the shuttle die. And the rule was lifted. That's about as close as I'll get into politics without getting in trouble.

NASA did neither.

I do totally agree with expanding the human race and exploring space.

The thing that gets me, is when people scold NASA saying that we should have a colony on the moon, humans on Mars, etc. But what they don't take into consideration, is that NASA doesn't have the money to do all that. At least not any time soon. (I'm not pointing my finger at you by the way, I'm just saying in general.) Which is why we're moving at such a slow pace. If more money was set aside for space explorationg well... Then who knows where we'd be.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:19 AM   #293
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Well, the lack of money is a political thing. I'd love to see NASA have a budget similar to what it was in the 60's. It was 5% of the national budget. C'est la vie.

Had we continued with the budget like that, I do believe we would now have a colony on the moon, if not elsewhere. Also, privatizing space should have happened sooner, and will now have to be our way into space. Of course, China and other countries now have the resources to do the same, and may do such a mission before we do.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:22 AM   #294
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Quote:
Well, the lack of money is a political thing. I'd love to see NASA have a budget similar to what it was in the 60's. It was 5% of the national budget. C'est la vie.

Had we continued with the budget like that, I do believe we would now have a colony on the moon, if not elsewhere. Also, privatizing space should have happened sooner, and will now have to be our way into space. Of course, China and other countries now have the resources to do the same, and may do such a mission before we do.
I'm happy private companies are taking over with LEO because now NASA can direct the budget it manages to get for deep space exploration.