Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 11-10-2012, 03:52 PM   #127
KMAGRIZZ

Drives: 2012 A6 RX Supercharged LFX

KMAGRIZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:24 PM   #128
Matt @ RX

Ah man I'm still not right from this sleepless trip LOL. Going to track tonight with Baylor again..

However, this car was AWESOME to drive. Jaime installed everything right to specification, no belt slip, trans feels great. The car is just a GREAT over the road driver, and then when you kick it sets you back. Really happy with this one, but I will say this is one of the one's that keep me honest nowadays. Having completed thousands upon thousands of tunes on numerous platforms, you need to get your butt kicked once in a while

Props to Jrrod, great installation along with Junior!
Old 11-10-2012, 04:26 PM   #129
Matt @ RX

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Looking forward to seeing what happens with 7 or 8 # of boost.
We already left KMAGRIZZ with another smaller SC pulley... Talking about more mods already, I told him drive the damn thing enjoy it and I'll make another trip out in another few months..

Also thanks to the entire Phastek team there, very helpful, they stayed open after business hours to accommodate me. Also I had to use it again on Friday Sean texted me come on over I can have it anytime.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:32 PM   #130
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Why is the MAF zip tied? And it seems like the LFX uses a different MAF than the LLT. I wonder if this MAF flows better than the LLT version? Looks like the V8 MAF from the looks of the connector.

Sent from my iPad 3 using YOUR FACE!!
Old 11-10-2012, 04:40 PM   #131
Pt_killa

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
Why is the MAF zip tied? And it seems like the LFX uses a different MAF than the LLT. I wonder if this MAF flows better than the LLT version? Looks like the V8 MAF from the looks of the connector.

I'm not talking for everybody since I still use the stock compsite maf housing but high boost pops the maf out of the socket...I ziptied my maf after a boost leak test showed the maf popped out slightly after 8psi.
(Sold Sept 2015) Stock 18" Heritage w/ BFG G-Force ZR tires / Blacked out bowties and tail lights / DIY Remote-Mount Turbo Kit (Precision 6776S .81ar ex. @ 6.5psi, Tial 38mm WG, Greddy Type-S BOV) / RX Catch Can / RX-FTI 3600 Stall / Blue Well Lights / Team LLT
Pt_killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:11 PM   #132
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pt_killa View Post
I'm not talking for everybody since I still use the stock compsite maf housing but high boost pops the maf out of the socket...I ziptied my maf after a boost leak test showed the maf popped out slightly after 8psi.
Damn really? I've boosted up to 13psi's when my and Tracy test drove it and a month after that until i lowered it to 6. And this didn't show it's face. But will do it regardless as it does make sense!! Thanks for the tip PT_killa.

Old 11-10-2012, 05:22 PM   #133
Pt_killa

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Damn really? I've boosted up to 13psi's when my and Tracy test drove it and a month after that until i lowered it to 6. And this didn't show it's face. But will do it regardless as it does make sense!! Thanks for the tip PT_killa.

Did you ever leak out of the fuel purge valve? Mines would leak consistently at exactly 10 psi... (for those who don't know, it's the valve on the left side of the IM near the 4th or 5th spark plug coil. The valve connects to the vacuum port near the throttle body).
(Sold Sept 2015) Stock 18" Heritage w/ BFG G-Force ZR tires / Blacked out bowties and tail lights / DIY Remote-Mount Turbo Kit (Precision 6776S .81ar ex. @ 6.5psi, Tial 38mm WG, Greddy Type-S BOV) / RX Catch Can / RX-FTI 3600 Stall / Blue Well Lights / Team LLT
Pt_killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:26 PM   #134
Matt @ RX

Quote:

That's our new re-designed MAF bung... duhhh !!!

Actually, we are waiting on the CNC MAF bungs for the LFX's right now. Jrrod modified that LLT housing and zip-tied the MAF in. It's not pretty, but it works for now. We should see the CNC'd pieces next week so we can ship a matte black pipe out to KMAGRIZZ
Old 11-10-2012, 06:13 PM   #135
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pt_killa View Post
Did you ever leak out of the fuel purge valve? Mines would leak consistently at exactly 10 psi... (for those who don't know, it's the valve on the left side of the IM near the 4th or 5th spark plug coil. The valve connects to the vacuum port near the throttle body).
No I never had a issues with that when I was boosting 11-13 for that month. Only issue me and Tracy ran into was blowing my original MAF on the first 1/8 of a mile of testing lmao! After we replaced it that night everything was good.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
Old 11-10-2012, 06:14 PM   #136
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt @ RX View Post
That's our new re-designed MAF bung... duhhh !!!

Actually, we are waiting on the CNC MAF bungs for the LFX's right now. Jrrod modified that LLT housing and zip-tied the MAF in. It's not pretty, but it works for now. We should see the CNC'd pieces next week so we can ship a matte black pipe out to KMAGRIZZ
Matt go to sleep you are suffering from jet lag lmao.

Old 11-10-2012, 06:24 PM   #137
Matt @ RX

Quote:
Matt go to sleep you are suffering from jet lag lmao.

I have culminated like 8 hours of sleep in the last 4 days.. I'm a bit doofy but I'll be OK. Taking Baylor's Camaro to the track tonight, what's the worse that can happen
Old 11-10-2012, 06:35 PM   #138
J-Rod6410
M6 9 second club

Drives: A 4000 Lb BeaSSt
Quote:

Those are not zip ties..............those are racing stripes

And yes, different MAF from the LLT and from the SS. This LFX MAF sensor has 8 pins going to it. I've never seen one with this many pins, so not sure what else is in there. Most I've ever seen is 6 pins and those are back in the day. Most nowadays have either 5 pins or 3 pins
Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/6410Jrod
Follow me on Instagram: @J_Rod6410
J-Rod6410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:58 PM   #139
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrrod6410 View Post
Those are not zip ties..............those are racing stripes

And yes, different MAF from the LLT and from the SS. This LFX MAF sensor has 8 pins going to it. I've never seen one with this many pins, so not sure what else is in there. Most I've ever seen is 6 pins and those are back in the day. Most nowadays have either 5 pins or 3 pins
Lmao those stripes add any HP? I may need some lol. I have a feeling that that MAF allows for more air to flow on the LFX. As of this week my car is parked as I'm waiting for my 3rd MAF to arrive.

FYI: if you can wait 5-7 days GMPartsDirect has the MAF for $43.46. Dealer price was $84, The only upside was that you can have it next day.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:00 PM   #140
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt @ RX View Post
I have culminated like 8 hours of sleep in the last 4 days.. I'm a bit doofy but I'll be OK. Taking Baylor's Camaro to the track tonight, what's the worse that can happen
Oh my God, lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S III using telekinesis.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rx performance, supercharger