Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 08-11-2017, 05:10 PM   #1
ZL1C7

Drives: 2015 ZL1/1970 GTO 455HO
Beware: David Melvin of Delaware

Bought a Camaro from him off this site over six months ago. Has failed to provide Any paperwork or the Title. Many excuses but nothing to help. He has since moved but will not provide new address. Said it had a lienholder but refuses to provide any info about it.
Old 08-11-2017, 07:25 PM   #2
cpe

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS
You can use the VIN (if you have it) to get info regarding the lien-holder.
cpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 09:28 PM   #3
Deputy347k9

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS
Did you purchase the vehicle knowing it had a lien? If so you should of dealt directly with the lien holder. Remember they have FIRST dibs on that vehicle, regardless of how much you paid for the vehicle. The sale was illegal on the sellers part. The lien holder has ZERO obligation to refund you anything and once they know where the vehicle is you want to bet they will come after it.

I would be putting out a ton of feelers trying to locate this sh*t bag so he can be held accountable.

Reviewing a lot of your posts I see you sell a lot of parts, did you purchase this one to strip out?

Wishing you the very best.
Deputy347k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 06:46 PM   #4
ZL1C7

I am familiar with the process, having had a dealers retail license for about 12 years before I decided not to renew it after the economy crashed in '07. With that being said this is the first time since then I have done a transaction with a lienholder. I have bought a turbo kit and misc. parts from him and established a decent relationship. He kept me fully informed about taking the money to the lienholder and them sending the title out within 10 days. It went downhill from there. He swears up and down the car got paid off but I have not been able to verify. The car was not running when I got it in boxes and buckets. Had not decided weather to part it or get it running. I ran the VIN thru carfax but it did not list a lienholder or a that it once did have a lien. Over the past months he has said he lost his job, getting a divorce and overall life crash. He has several times said he would send me lienholder info so I could verify he paid it off and other info but he has failed to send me anything. literally NOTHING as far as documentation. If anybody thinks they can help I can forward the VIN.
Old 08-15-2017, 09:32 AM   #5
Pace
Lifestyle = Deathstyle

Drives: 11 SIM 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pace
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1C7 View Post
He kept me fully informed about taking the money to the lienholder and them sending the title out within 10 days.

Can you just call the lienholder?
Old 08-17-2017, 11:53 PM   #6
ZL1C7

If i knew who they were........
Old 08-18-2017, 11:13 AM   #7
cpe

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS
Maybe it works differently there, but if you have the VIN just have the DMV run a report on the car. If there are open lein(s), the leinholder shows up. Takes like 5 minutes to find out.
cpe is offline   Reply With Quote