Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 02-19-2011, 12:31 AM   #57
bob vogel

Drives: 2010 rs ss
its like when its time to die. it's just your time . the leo's job is to find the money thats there job.
bob vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:56 PM   #58
2010_BumbleBee
2010 Camaro SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Not going to quote the CA Vehicle Code,SUB SEC "D", BUT in CA you ARE ALLOWED to tint your front windows 70% and must have a reg card from the installer showing 70% was installed in that vehicle!
2010_BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:15 PM   #59
fahad R

Drives: no cars in the usa yet
how many of u guys have ur front plates on ? and where the hell do you place it?
fahad R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:19 PM   #60
ChvyBoss
THAT BOOST TURNS HEADS

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fahad R View Post
how many of u guys have ur front plates on ? and where the hell do you place it?
I've never put a front plate on any of my cars.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:36 PM   #61
madman2k

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro 2LT RS - Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by fahad R View Post
No front plate installed yet. Not planning on it as of now.
madman2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:52 PM   #62
Silver2SSRS6spd
Prefer to be blown!

Drives: 2010 Silver/Black 2SS/RS Manual
No front plate on the Camaro until I get the ticket, than I will make a bracket for it and place it in the lower grill. The retractable ones are nice if your car isn't lowered and rubs on everything.

Last edited by Silver2SSRS6spd; 03-17-2011 at 07:58 PM.
Silver2SSRS6spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:36 PM   #63
MikeL

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS
I was at Boardwalk Chevy (Redwood City) the other day and they said they don't put front plates on their Camaros or Corvettes. I was under the impression since it's law, they have to put them on at the dealership. Not that I mind they don't put them on.
MikeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 03:27 PM   #64
electlatino

Drives: 2SS with RS and Ground Effects
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
I was at Boardwalk Chevy (Redwood City) the other day and they said they don't put front plates on their Camaros or Corvettes. I was under the impression since it's law, they have to put them on at the dealership. Not that I mind they don't put them on.
no dealer in california is "required" to put them on, but some will do it for you. they are only required to give you the brackets so you can put them on yourself. most dealers understand with these kind of cars that we don't want them, so they just put the brackets in your trunk for you.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:04 PM   #65
MikeL

Quote:
Originally Posted by electlatino View Post
no dealer in california is "required" to put them on, but some will do it for you. they are only required to give you the brackets so you can put them on yourself. most dealers understand with these kind of cars that we don't want them, so they just put the brackets in your trunk for you.
Ahh okay thanks.

On another note, does anyone feel the original post needs some updating? I've been a bit busy/away from the forums and been slacking.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:25 PM   #66
leonardo
SoCal HT5 [COTW 11/24/13]

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS / Ducati 1198s
I am buying a VIS carbon fiber hood and it says "off road use only" ...... so my two main questions would be 1. is it illegal to have a carbon fiber hood on a daily driver car and 2. how big of a deal is it ? is it like a fix it ticket or a impound your car on the spot type of deal ...... please no guesses I need to know for sure before i drop 1300 on a hood. Thanks
Old 04-21-2011, 01:28 PM   #67
Silver2SSRS6spd
Prefer to be blown!

Drives: 2010 Silver/Black 2SS/RS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardo View Post
I am buying a VIS carbon fiber hood and it says "off road use only" ...... so my two main questions would be 1. is it illegal to have a carbon fiber hood on a daily driver car and 2. how big of a deal is it ? is it like a fix it ticket or a impound your car on the spot type of deal ...... please no guesses I need to know for sure before i drop 1300 on a hood. Thanks
My guess is that the manufacturer put that there to cover their ass incase of an accident or if it flys off at freeway speeds.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:34 AM   #68
Agent orange
socal ht5

Drives: 2010 Camaro ss
I put my liscense plate on. Just dont want to be in trouble. I drive at night most of the time. Cops are very suspecious specially night time.
Agent orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 06:42 PM   #69
Pokergirl

Drives: 2010 SIM Camaro SS/RS M6
anyone know what the laws are pertaining to mufflers/exhaust? and how loud is legal/illegal? do you have to have my cats on? cans on? resonators?
Pokergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:00 AM   #70
MikeL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokergirl View Post
anyone know what the laws are pertaining to mufflers/exhaust? and how loud is legal/illegal? do you have to have my cats on? cans on? resonators?
I know that you need Cats in California, if not it's going to be near impossible to pass SMOG test I would assume. For noise level, technically you cannot have any exhaust system that is not above the stock sound.(CA V.C. 27151). Personally I have had modified exhaust systems on my truck and never been pulled over. Unless it is so loud it is causing a serious disturbance I don't think most police mind, also most modified exhaust systems; as you know, at lower RPMs are not that loud.. so driving normally I don't think most police mind anyway.

This is from a CHP bulletin (No. 98-100)

Quote:
Enforcement Guidelines

The only drivers who should be cited are those whose vehicles:

1) are not equipped with a muffler

2) clearly emit an offensive, harsh, excessive noise, or

3) have a clearly defective exhaust systems (holes, leaks, etc.)
Remember that most of this is obviously up to a CHP/Police officer to pull you over, if they want they will find a means to pull you over, exhaust system or a front license plate.