Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 07:55 PM   #687
z28camaro2471
C5 Member #227

Drives: Camaros
GM has done nothing wrong here at all. Delays happen all the time in manufacturing, home building and especially software. You'll get your cars when they are ready for delivery.

I wish it was possible for GM to let certain customers choose the option of receiving cars with or without QC. Those that elect to receive their cars without QC would be forced to sign a waiver that prohibits the owner from submitting any warranty claim for repair on their car. Those who accept QC would benefit from whatever fix they may or may not be implementing plus their full warranty. Who wants their car today? Oh you want it and the fix too? Sorry ain't gonna happen. GM is in the business of making $. They just happen to manufacture cars to achieve that goal. They want you have to your cars likely more than you want them. Delivered cars = $. Cars in QC = no $.

Someone who has ordered a ZL1 should start a poll in the convertible section to see if those who experienced issues with their tops would have preferred it be caught in QC and corrected prior to delivery.

If someone can provide and post a legally binding contract that states your ZL1 would be delivered on a specific date and that date has passed, by all means post it up for all to see. If not, relax, your cars will be delivered as ordered. You will also have the highest HP, baddest Camaro ever produced to date. Enjoy it!

Sorry but there are a few of you who are just a little impatient.

Old 03-12-2012, 07:57 PM   #688
illiceman

Drives: 2012 ZL 1
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjansen View Post
I'm not putting too much faith in anything coming out of Chevrolet Customer Service! Seems like every inquiry that I've made to them comes back with multiple scenarios with more questions than answers--like they are not totally informed!! I have not had much luck with any of their 'information'!
A BUNCH OF DUMB ASSES HERE FOR SURE
Old 03-12-2012, 08:01 PM   #689
actireman

Drives: 2011 denali hd2500
Guys, 4 to 6 weeks is correct. There is a problem, but it is not a big one. The dealers could fix them but GM would rather fix them themselves. They stopped production temporarly only so there are not a bunch of them parked everywhere. They are very are very tight lipped as to what the problem is. I received this info on saturday, but was reluctant to say anything because some people go crazy. As bummed as I was, I was also glad they are fixing it and not the dealer.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:31 PM   #690
stymie

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBear View Post
Wow, $17,500 for a 1983 Z28? Are you sure? That seems really expensive for a 1983 Z28.

I also purchased a new L69 5.0 H.O. Z28, but I paid just under $13,000 for it. Mine also had the annoying fuel starvation issue. It was very intermittent, and usually would only occur during WOT. However, it was very frustrating. That Z28 was not a vehicle that I owned for very long, as I replaced it after owning it for only about 2 years.

The TPI engines, which first appeared, I believe, in 1985 (LB9), made for much better vehicles.
It was a Dealer customized Z28 with ground effects, leather buckets, teakwood dash..., painted stripes, lens covers, hood pins, outrageous stereo system & other numerous tweaks.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:35 PM   #691
69NMYSS

Drives: '69 Camaro SS and '12 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28camaro2471 View Post
GM has done nothing wrong here at all. Delays happen all the time in manufacturing, home building and especially software. You'll get your cars when they are ready for delivery.

I wish it was possible for GM to let certain customers choose the option of receiving cars with or without QC. Those that elect to receive their cars without QC would be forced to sign a waiver that prohibits the owner from submitting any warranty claim for repair on their car. Those who accept QC would benefit from whatever fix they may or may not be implementing plus their full warranty. Who wants their car today? Oh you want it and the fix too? Sorry ain't gonna happen. GM is in the business of making $. They just happen to manufacture cars to achieve that goal. They want you have to your cars likely more than you want them. Delivered cars = $. Cars in QC = no $.

Someone who has ordered a ZL1 should start a poll in the convertible section to see if those who experienced issues with their tops would have preferred it be caught in QC and corrected prior to delivery.

If someone can provide and post a legally binding contract that states your ZL1 would be delivered on a specific date and that date has passed, by all means post it up for all to see. If not, relax, your cars will be delivered as ordered. You will also have the highest HP, baddest Camaro ever produced to date. Enjoy it!

Sorry but there are a few of you who are just a little impatient.

Your missing the point. Nobody is mad about the hold. Most of us agree it needs to be held and corrected if there is a problem. The lack of information about the hold is what is aggravating.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:37 PM   #692
69NMYSS

Drives: '69 Camaro SS and '12 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by actireman View Post
Guys, 4 to 6 weeks is correct. There is a problem, but it is not a big one. The dealers could fix them but GM would rather fix them themselves. They stopped production temporarly only so there are not a bunch of them parked everywhere. They are very are very tight lipped as to what the problem is. I received this info on saturday, but was reluctant to say anything because some people go crazy. As bummed as I was, I was also glad they are fixing it and not the dealer.
4-6 weeks for a problem that could be fixed at dealership? Not buying it. Source?
Old 03-12-2012, 08:41 PM   #693
tpower
DBLCHBY III

Drives: 15 1LE
Quote:
Has anyone heard anything about the US getting all the 2012 ZL1's? and none being released in Canada?
Mine has been built and vin # has been giving to my dealership,not sure they could not deliver it now
Old 03-12-2012, 08:41 PM   #694
stymie

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueclyde View Post
Your beef should be with your dealer not GM. You should be pestering them daily for a refund. I have a very small fully refundable deposit with my dealer. That was part of the deal. If they wouldn't have done this I would have gone elsewhere. GM and this process of fully commercializing the ZL1 should have nothing to do with your apparent discontent.
Why would I have a beef with my dealer? He's been professional all along. It's not his fault. The reason some dealers ask for a non refundable deposit is to keep "tools" from ordering multiple units, taking the pick of the litter & blowing off all but one dealership. Yeah... it happens!

I'm supposed to believe that some sort of software glitch is shared with 500 ZL1s on a back lot in Canada, but miraculously... NONE of the vehicles submitted to the major car rags had issues with the computer? Chevy personel have been driving CTF cars for how long & suddenly NOW there's a problem? I don't buy it... I won't even rent!
Old 03-12-2012, 08:43 PM   #695
kush396

Drives: chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69NMYSS View Post
4-6 weeks for a problem that could be fixed at dealership? Not buying it. Source?
Would u want the dealer fixing the problem if , that a big if the problem is a software issue with HP ........... Thats a big fat NO , i will let them do it (if infact that is is issue , which im not betting on but hoping for): chevy:
Old 03-12-2012, 08:44 PM   #696
z28camaro2471
C5 Member #227

Drives: Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69NMYSS View Post
Your missing the point. Nobody is mad about the hold. Most of us agree it needs to be held and corrected if there is a problem. The lack of information about the hold is what is aggravating.
Maybe I've misread what people are saying. Seems to me many are upset about the delay.

As to GM telling the customer the specifics of the hold up, well GM is under no obligation, legally binding or inferred, to provide that. I'm sure in time it will be leaked in some form or another.

Prior experience from this site alone has shown that revealing the cause of the delay would probably create more questions than it is worth.

I hope you all enjoy your ZL1s!
Old 03-12-2012, 08:49 PM   #697
Drake Heminger

Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51
The problem not knowing... not knowing when its coming to once again prep with the dealer appraisel, insurance, loan, and other options of delievary... this puts stress on everyone but GM... what do they care? they dont... and IF they did... we would have gotten something by now NOTIFYING the customers of whats to come and when they should recieve it atleast on a month to month basis... been bad news since february... and many are now saying we will be lucky to see it in may... 2 months before 13' models arrive... if they cared they would protect the interest of the customer by delaying the 13's for winter not summer... "market value"
Old 03-12-2012, 08:52 PM   #698
Seraphim53

Drives: camaro ZL1 2G1FS1EP6C9800160
Quote:
Originally Posted by actireman View Post
I want to point out first that I'm not upset about the wait. As I said in a previous post I'm excited about my ZL1 and am patient for it's delivery. I just want to point out that:

It Isn't 4 to 6 weeks. My VIN was passed to me in FEB. My dealer told me that delivery was pending when the order went 4B00 on 2/3/2012. My dealer then told me delivery would be 'about 3 weeks'.

1) It is 6 weeks since 2/3/2012. If someone is saying the delay is 4 to 6 weeks from now, that isn't 4 to 6 weeks, that's 10 to 12 weeks.

2) If Q&A hold is normal and an operational standard why isn't there a 'code' for Q&A hold? If I was a dealer and I saw an order go (4B00) I would also tell my customer to start the financing. How do you expect the dealer to know the difference between:
(4B00-Delivery In process) and (4B00-10-12 week Q&A hold)?
Unless you tell them, which apparently happened 4 to 6 weeks after the 4B00 Q&A hold went in place.

I will love my 2012 ZL1. I know I will. I'm not complaining, and I don't mind waiting. It should be noted though that if I'm waiting till may for my 2012, I'll actually be waiting till June or July for my 2013, because I'd rather wait an extra 30 days for a new car rather than take a car that sat on a lot in the snow for 180 days.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:54 PM   #699
kush396

Drives: chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Heminger View Post
The problem not knowing... not knowing when its coming to once again prep with the dealer appraisel, insurance, loan, and other options of delievary... this puts stress on everyone but GM... what do they care? they dont... and IF they did... we would have gotten something by now NOTIFYING the customers of whats to come and when they should recieve it atleast on a month to month basis... been bad news since february... and many are now saying we will be lucky to see it in may... 2 months before 13' models arrive... if they cared they would protect the interest of the customer by delaying the 13's for winter not summer... "market value"
Drake , i will be in the area soon and just wondering how close u are to the area code 540???????
Old 03-12-2012, 08:55 PM   #700
Drake Heminger

Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by kush396 View Post
Drake , i will be in the area soon and just wondering how close u are to the area code 540???????
thats my area code!!!!! lol I live in fredericksburg, spotsylvania county!

Closed Thread

Tags
2012, boss vs zl1, camaro, camaro zl1, gt500 vs 700hp z/28, zl! dosp, zl1, zl1 hold, zl1 qc