Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 04-11-2010, 04:24 PM   #1
~Stacy~
Banned

Drives: Car
Gm ground effects kit

I have been debating between Rk Sport bodykit and the factory gm ground effects kit. I think the factory gm ground effects kit is sex on wheels. My question is I don't have my factory exhaust on anymore. I have the gm catback exhaust and the tips are made for cars without the factory ground effects. Will I have a problem now?
~Stacy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 04:30 PM   #2
Den4176
El Maligno....

Drives: 2ss/rs,'10-E350, E46 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Stacy~ View Post
I have been debating between Rk Sport bodykit and the factory gm ground effects kit. I think the factory gm ground effects kit is sex on wheels. My question is I don't have my factory exhaust on anymore. I have the gm catback exhaust and the tips are made for cars without the factory ground effects. Will I have a problem now?
The Gm gfx are square outlets......so i think it would look retarded .....lol round tips in a square outlet....

I have the GFX on my car but i have the solo exhaust with square tips....
Old 04-11-2010, 06:50 PM   #3
thedonkeyslayer

Drives: XK 4x4 Ordered '11 2SS/RS SW LS3
Quote:
Can't you just change your tips to square ones?

I agree that you can't have circular tips with the factory gfx...does not look right IMO.
thedonkeyslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 03:31 PM   #4
Matster

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM/IOM #3625
Quote:
Depending on the size (diameter) of the tips, they may not even fit through the exhaust port on the GFX. I replaced my exhaust system front to back and the tips that came with the system (4" diameter) would not fit through my GFX exhaust ports. So I went without tips and now have done this.....
Attached Images

416 Forged Stroker, E-Force Supercharger, Blower Cam, Rotofab CAI, Stainless Works 2" LT Headers and 3" Exhaust, LPE ZR1 Twin Disc Clutch, DSS 1400 HP Axles, Pfadt Performance Kit Stage 3.
Matster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 04:32 PM   #5
richey307

Drives: 2010 camaro ss rs
were did you get those screens? and how and were did you attach them to exhaust cutout? thanks, im planning to do that on my black camaro
richey307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 04:56 PM   #6
qbert48

Drives: 2SS SIM
outstanding look matster

welcome home
1100 4-27-09
6000 6-27-09

yes i got to the dance late don't hate me
qbert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 05:35 PM   #7
wlorton

Drives: Looking to Buy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matster View Post
Depending on the size (diameter) of the tips, they may not even fit through the exhaust port on the GFX. I replaced my exhaust system front to back and the tips that came with the system (4" diameter) would not fit through my GFX exhaust ports. So I went without tips and now have done this.....
That is pretty damn slick
wlorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 05:50 PM   #8
thedonkeyslayer

Drives: XK 4x4 Ordered '11 2SS/RS SW LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matster View Post
Looks good!

I really like the blacked out exhaust ports on the factory gfx. Makes me want to get the gfx...
thedonkeyslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 05:56 PM   #9
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I like the side skirts of the GM ground effects but I still do not like the rear diffuser exhaust ports... they needed to be round to match the Tips... I just don;t understand why they made them that shape...
Old 04-12-2010, 06:02 PM   #10
scythezo6
Virologist in the making

Drives: 2010 VR SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
I like the side skirts of the GM ground effects but I still do not like the rear diffuser exhaust ports... they needed to be round to match the Tips... I just don;t understand why they made them that shape...
The square shape of the bezel flows with the kit and body lines of the car better than round outlets. the tips should be square to match the diffuser
Old 04-12-2010, 06:17 PM   #11
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by scythezo6 View Post
The square shape of the bezel flows with the kit and body lines of the car better than round outlets. the tips should be square to match the diffuser
Well if they had designed it with round openings I am sure they would have designed the rest of the rear part to match the design... If I am spending that much on a Ground effects kit from the factory the tips should have either come with the kit so it would match or it should have been designed to match the existing exhaust tips. JMHO.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:20 AM   #12
Matster

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM/IOM #3625
Quote:
Originally Posted by richey307 View Post
were did you get those screens? and how and were did you attach them to exhaust cutout? thanks, im planning to do that on my black camaro
Thanks for the comps everyone, I picked up the material at Home Depot in the plumbing and heating area. It was in a 2' x 3' sheet. I just had my vinyl stripes removed and painted on and my heritage grill painted and installed. While it was in the shop I had them remove the exhaust ports and cut the material to fit the hole from the back side of the port then tack weld it in place. They then sent the ports out to be ceramic coated. They had to take the rear spoiler off anyway to paint it so it made it very easy to remove them.
Attached Images

416 Forged Stroker, E-Force Supercharger, Blower Cam, Rotofab CAI, Stainless Works 2" LT Headers and 3" Exhaust, LPE ZR1 Twin Disc Clutch, DSS 1400 HP Axles, Pfadt Performance Kit Stage 3.
Matster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:09 PM   #13
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
No offense, but the RK Sport side skirts are too blocky and flat, they factory kit flows with the car much better.