Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-24-2014, 08:12 PM   #2773
Synner

Drives: cars
A suggestion:
http://www.wilwood.com/MasterCylinde...emno=260-12696

with bracket
http://www.wilwood.com/MasterCylinde...emno=260-12697

Dimensions and exploded parts diagram.
http://www.wilwood.com/PDF/DataSheets/ds974.pdf
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:43 PM   #2774
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKVORTECHSS View Post
*** These cans will not work without modification. In my haste I glazed over the importance of the diaphragm in the cap. It needs to seal and keep air and dust out, but also expand so that the vacuum doesn't interfere with fluid travel... Back to the drawing board! Hey Nathan, are those the CVC450 reservoirs?

Synners recommendation for Wilwood would be a better option. CV nickle and dimes you to death. The canister is one price, the lids are another price. Then you have to get the stands, next comes the mounting bar. I had stop counting once we passed over $1,000 into the master setup Still have to get them re-anodized as the bars gray, the stand are kinda light green, the canister have some pink to them. Plus I don't like the CV logo as they are all clocked different. That would drive me crazy,

BTW, I told Craig at Xtreme today I was going to write a book on building a car to this level. I said it'd take 300 pages. He said you can summarize it in two lines.

"It's going to cost a lot of money and you're going to need a lot of patience!"

He said if you ask any shop, they will tell you it's a game of "hurry up and wait!" You do something and then you're waiting on parts, then they don't fit. We waited 10 weeks for our Peterson tank. Finally got it and the bungs are not clocked in the right direction for our application. So I'm marking the tank and sending it back to get remade .

After three consecutive days of ordering XRP fittings and paying shipping, we waited only to find out each time that the fittings I thought would work, didn't. I got so tired of that nonsense, I just told them to send me two of every -10, -12 and -16 fitting they made. I eliminated any room for error as it was a huge waste of time going back and forth.

Last edited by Moreno1; 07-09-2014 at 05:49 AM.
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 03:54 PM   #2775
BLACKVORTECHSS
Matthew Pigott

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
For those looking for a less expensive option I came across a bullet chuck Neal three in one reservoir that should work. My only concern is finding a place to mount it. http://www.cncbrakes.com/acc.asp?grp...rrk&subseries=
BLACKVORTECHSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:01 PM   #2776
BLACKVORTECHSS
Matthew Pigott

Goodbye ABS!
Attached Images

Old 07-09-2014, 04:49 PM   #2777
Pharmaro

Drives: 2011 CGM 2SS/RS
That set-up looks awesome! Was it difficult to convert over?

I'm looking to continue working on my underhood cleanup.

This is where I'm at now.

Name:  Engine Bay Overhead.JPG
Views: 1814
Size:  372.2 KB

I'm thinking of ditching the holley coil pack covers and switching to some billet coil pack mounts and covers from CFD. That or CBMs coil pack cover.

I'm also looking to switch out the fuel rails. Has anyone used Holleys?

Link here -
https://www.hinsonsupercars.com/p-15...ls1ls2ls3.aspx
Pharmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 06:05 PM   #2778
BLACKVORTECHSS
Matthew Pigott

The holley rails are great. You'll need to purchase fittings and hose ends. I would advise cutting off the factory quick disconnect nipple and flaring or using a crush fitting with a ferrule to come off the factory lines. The aftermarket quick disconnects are known for starting fires. No more expensive, but you have piece of mind and in my opinion a better looking connection.
Old 07-13-2014, 05:40 PM   #2779
Synner

Drives: cars
Curious what tuning edits were needed to delete ABS module.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 12:00 AM   #2780
BLACKVORTECHSS
Matthew Pigott

So am I. hahaha
Old 07-15-2014, 05:17 PM   #2781
Bluffen

Drives: 2013 Sea Ray 220 Sundeck
Sema this year Nathan?
Old 07-18-2014, 10:04 PM   #2782
Pharmaro

Drives: 2011 CGM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmaro View Post
That set-up looks awesome! Was it difficult to convert over?

I'm looking to continue working on my underhood cleanup.

This is where I'm at now.

Attachment 644456

I'm thinking of ditching the holley coil pack covers and switching to some billet coil pack mounts and covers from CFD. That or CBMs coil pack cover.

I'm also looking to switch out the fuel rails. Has anyone used Holleys?

Link here -
https://www.hinsonsupercars.com/p-15...ls1ls2ls3.aspx
Went with CFD's coil pack covers and mounts. Also, did a little clean-up of the coil pack harness wires with some braided wrap. Need to work on the injector harnesses and changing out the fuel lines. I'd highly recommend CFD's set-up.

Name:  Finish Driver 2.JPG
Views: 1676
Size:  390.5 KB

Name:  Finish 2.JPG
Views: 1580
Size:  405.4 KB

Name:  Finish 1.JPG
Views: 1564
Size:  399.8 KB
Pharmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 10:24 AM   #2783
Moreno1

Quote:
For those looking for a less expensive option I came across a bullet chuck Neal three in one reservoir that should work. My only concern is finding a place to mount it. http://www.cncbrakes.com/acc.asp?grp...rrk&subseries=

Those are nice!

Quote:
Goodbye ABS!
What was your main reason for ditching them?

Quote:
So am I. hahaha
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluffen View Post
Sema this year Nathan?
That's the plan. God I hope all the stars align. We definitely want to call this one DONE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmaro View Post
Went with CFD's coil pack covers and mounts. Also, did a little clean-up of the coil pack harness wires with some braided wrap. Need to work on the injector harnesses and changing out the fuel lines. I'd highly recommend CFD's set-up.

Attachment 646911

Attachment 646912

Attachment 646913
Looks awesome Bro! Keep it up
Old 07-20-2014, 04:15 PM   #2784
TXM62SS

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Nate, where did you get the clamps for the air intake? I like the look!
Roto-Fab, Bo White TB, Borla Touring Catback
3.91 1LE Gears, MGW
Tuned by Pat G

TXM62SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 02:13 PM   #2785
BLACKVORTECHSS
Matthew Pigott

Ditched ABS cause I didn't want to deal with relocating it all. I also don't like ABS and how it effects running staggered wheel setups. The setup is bearing completion:
Attached Images

Old 08-11-2014, 08:49 PM   #2786
Moreno1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXM62SS View Post
Nate, where did you get the clamps for the air intake? I like the look!
Here is the info. Sorry for the delay response as I havent had time to check this thread a lot. Below is the info of the Gal at Murray Corp we delt with. They only sell them in packages of 10. I paid $94.96 for them. I still have 6 left. Let me know if you want some and I"ll hook you up.

Reva Oliver
Domestic Sales Coordinator

Murray Corporation
260 Schilling Circle
Hunt Valley, MD 21031, USA
Ph: 410-771-0380 ext. 215 |Fax: 410-771-5576
roliver@murraycorp.com | www.murraycorp.com
Linkedin | Facebook

Quote:
Ditched ABS cause I didn't want to deal with relocating it all. I also don't like ABS and how it effects running staggered wheel setups. The setup is bearing completion:
Looking good bud. Any updates?

Update: We got the final piece for version 2.0. Trick Flow's 255 LS3 heads. We were initially going to go with MAST heads but after speaking discussing it with with Pat G who designed our cam, we decided on the Trick Flow heads. Below is Pat's reply when we asked him if we went to the MAST heads would the cam design change.

"The mast heads would not really change the recommendation. If you were looking for a superior LS3 head, I would look at the newer Trick Flow 255 LS3 heads. They have an LS7 chamber which moves the intake valve away from the chamber wall which reduces valve shrouding and improves hp a great deal."

The only thing I'm not looking forward to is having to polish these heads. If it were for Justin pushing me to, I would leave them like this. Man I'm tired of that stuff, LOL

Name:  019.jpg
Views: 1136
Size:  106.1 KB

Name:  022.jpg
Views: 1147
Size:  119.5 KB

Name:  025.jpg
Views: 1264
Size:  85.8 KB

Other than sleeving the block, I dont think theres much else we can do to it LS3 base platform.

Below is a list of everything we did for "Version 2.0"

Replaced: LPE LS3 heads with Trick Flows 255

Replaced: LPE GT11 with a Pat G track inspired design cut by EPA

Replaced Oiling System: Powder coated factory pan, Improve racing oil cooler adapter and valley baffle, Innovator West 8 rib dampener, Melling oil pump Pure Power billet filter, Lokar dip stick and Derale cooler

With: Dailey billet dry sump pan and pump, ATI custom dampener, two XRP inline oil filter and a tone of braided line and super nickel fittings, Custom Peterson dry sump tank and breather, larger Derale cooler, custom machine brackets for the filters, etc...... and a tone of thinking time figuring out how we would route all the plumbing and mount the tanks.

Replaced: Factory intake, ported and powder coated TB, Fast black anodized fuel rails, ARP intake bolts

With: OZMO intake and NW TB.

Cosmetically: Replacing the Katech CF valve covers with one off CF covers.

Curious as to what HP/TQ she will put out.

In retrospect, we should have just built a aftermarket block with 500ci as the only thing left of the original is the block. everything else was replaced.

We have done multiple test to try and find the right finish for the OZMO intake. All that billet shining bling bling stuff may look cool but doesn't fit our theme. Stay tune to see what we come up with.

Last edited by Moreno1; 08-11-2014 at 11:10 PM.