Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 09-12-2010, 12:10 PM   #1
Dr.Bender

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Thumbs up My "Ghost Armor" Story... Read this!

So here is my Ghost Armor story,

I purchased the interior kit from Ghost Armor. I happened to install it in 100 degree weekend which made every single sticker bubble. I gave it a few days to see if it would set. Some did, others did not. I decided to remove it. The afternoon I trashed all the pieces, I read a thread about returning the the original pieces for replacements.

Well since I trashed mine, I was not able to do so. I sent an email asking for a replacement radio face only as the gages were not a HUGE concern of mine. I heard nothing back. So I bite the bullet and ordered a 2nd radio face. During the order, something went wrong and I was refunded on their end accidentally. Trying to clear it up, they contact me. I the reiterated my story to customer service. They apologized for letting my request slip through the cracks.

***Resolution***
They proceeded with the refund, as well as sent 2x radio faces (one to practice with) and the entire interior kit again.

How cool is that!

I had to share as this is how GOOD business is done. Not only did they retain a customer, but hopefully will gain a few more from spreading this story.

P.S. After the new installation, it looks GREAT!!!!
Dr.Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:12 PM   #2
LS3 SS

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
awesome!
Old 09-12-2010, 09:34 PM   #3
IBM/2SS/RS/LS3
NorCal Camaro➎ Member

Drives: Bowties ONLY!!
Thanks. I just just spent another 35 bucks!

And Bender, quit spending my money!!
Old 09-12-2010, 09:43 PM   #4
Dr.Bender

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBM/2SS/RS/LS3 View Post
Thanks. I just just spent another 35 bucks!

And Bender, quit spending my money!!
Haha! Sorry! Don't forget to get it good and wet on both sides during installation, and start from the middle to the outsides.
Dr.Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 07:53 AM   #5
RedJewel2SS
12.23s@113mph

Drives: 2SS/RS, A6, just a few bolt ons
i installed their radio face cover only, b/c i do not ever get my fingers near the other clear plastic parts, and they get dusted off with air, not a towel.

i was impressed with how it came out. like you there were one or two tiny bubbles in it an it was slightly hazy. after a day or two it looked like the cover wasn't even there!

RIP Cammie 7/15/2009 - 4/1/2011
RedJewel2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 06:59 PM   #6
Synergy SATX
Mike and Debbie

Drives: 2014 Corvette Stingray 3LT Z51
I bought exterior and interior kits and got replacement interior set from them as well when one piece was damaged. Great product already saved one of my headlamps from a rock chip and my radio face from a scratch.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:47 AM   #7
mkeeler

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2 RS Bumblebee
I got a finger print underneath my radio bezel and asked if there was anything I could do and they sent me a replacement. Fingerprint went away on its own. They are awesome.
Rally Yellow, Black Stripes and Ground Effects, 20" Polished Aluminum Rims, MGW Shifter, Custom Engine Cover, K&N CAI Series 69 Typhoon, Borla Exhaust, Tinted Windows, Heritage Grille, Subwoofer system, Trunk Mat, Trunk Organizer, UltraShield Clear Vinyl, Camaro SS license Plate Covers, "BY BY" Personalized Plates.
mkeeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 07:40 PM   #8
Mustang Killa

Drives: Black 2SS
Thanks for sharing your story, glad you are pleased!
Mustang Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:09 PM   #9
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I love the Ghost Armor on my radio face. It's been on for months and still looks like new.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 07:48 PM   #10
Allen English
Every day is a happy day

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS BLK/BLK
I love to here these kinds of things - Thanks for the story.

P.S. I as I am sure others here would like to see the finished product.

Pics please?

2011 Camaro 2SS/RS A6 Black on Black
2002 S10 PickUp
2007 Victory Red SS Cobalt "For Sale, My wife wants a Chevrolet Volt"
Allen English is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 08:05 PM   #11
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
I have been looking for this thread for a while. I have wanted to get this stuff but didn't really know who had it and if it worked.

I take it that it works really well. Do you have a link to purchase?

Thanks.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 09:20 AM   #12
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Here is the link:
http://ghost-armor.com/

Just click on "products" then "chevrolet" and I'm sure you can take it from there.

They used to give a 10% for using Camaro5 as a code. I don't know if they still do.

It's pretty easy to install. It must not be too hard, I did it. There was an install video floating around at one time in the forums. Not sure where it is now. I think it's on youtube.

PS: It's not cheap, but it is really worth the price, imho. It's been on my car for quite a while and still looks new.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 09:56 AM   #13
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Here is the link:
http://ghost-armor.com/

Just click on "products" then "chevrolet" and I'm sure you can take it from there.

They used to give a 10% for using Camaro5 as a code. I don't know if they still do.

It's pretty easy to install. It must not be too hard, I did it. There was an install video floating around at one time in the forums. Not sure where it is now. I think it's on youtube.

PS: It's not cheap, but it is really worth the price, imho. It's been on my car for quite a while and still looks new.
Thanks Emma, I have some "Swirls" on my radio face that I need to get off then I wanted to protect it. I appreciate the info.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 07:47 PM   #14
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
Thanks Emma, I have some "Swirls" on my radio face that I need to get off then I wanted to protect it. I appreciate the info.
Ghost Armor is awesome!! I accidently put a light scratch in my radio face by wiping my finger across it, not knowing how soft the plastic face was.

Ghost Armor filled in the scratch as promissed with their product. If your swirls are real light, I would just let Ghost Armor fill them in. Otherwise you might make it worse trying to get the swirls out yourself!!

Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote