Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-07-2013, 01:29 PM   #1
ATD34
Aseem Ali

Drives: 2010 Black Chevy Camaro SS L99
CAI & TB

looking to install a Cold Air Inductions intake to my L99 along with the V-Max Throttle Body coming this December. Just wanted to know what would be the Ups and Downs to this. Recommend any other TB's? How much HP gain do yall think i'll gain with this combo?

THANKS CAMARO NATION!
ATD34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:33 PM   #2
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Pros: Better sound and performance.

Cons:

VMAX ported throttle bodies are the way to go. Probably in the neighborhood of 15-20rwhp with much improved throttle response.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:35 PM   #3
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
You will gain roughly 18-22 RWHP with those mods. There is really no down side to doing these mods other than starting the addiction for wanting more and more mods! Feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:14 PM   #4
ATD34
Aseem Ali

Drives: 2010 Black Chevy Camaro SS L99
Thanks guys!
ATD34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:12 PM   #5
Deezee

Drives: 2013 SS/RS
Two of my first mods! Greatly improved throttle response and could finally hear the motor! Hard to guess gains since I did a lot more before I got it tuned, but I could feel the difference even before the tune! Orderd from Apex and had amazing fast shipping and amazing price! Be sure to ask for the return shipping label for the Tbody. Just a quick drop off at UPS! Also the Apex scoop and washer bottle relocation kit is a MUST with the CAI!!
Deezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:55 PM   #6
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezee View Post
Two of my first mods! Greatly improved throttle response and could finally hear the motor! Hard to guess gains since I did a lot more before I got it tuned, but I could feel the difference even before the tune! Orderd from Apex and had amazing fast shipping and amazing price! Be sure to ask for the return shipping label for the Tbody. Just a quick drop off at UPS! Also the Apex scoop and washer bottle relocation kit is a MUST with the CAI!!
Thank you for your order and feedback. Glad to hear that you are enjoying your upgrades.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:11 PM   #7
Deezee

Drives: 2013 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Thank you for your order and feedback. Glad to hear that you are enjoying your upgrades.
Yea man, cars going great! After the CAI, Tbody, pfadts from you, I did noweedsl, Night Fury cam and Lethal Racing tuned it to just over 480whp! Shits a monster and sounds NASTY!!! Thanks again!

Sorry for the minor thread jack! As you were...
Deezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:46 PM   #8
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezee View Post
Yea man, cars going great! After the CAI, Tbody, pfadts from you, I did noweedsl, Night Fury cam and Lethal Racing tuned it to just over 480whp! Shits a monster and sounds NASTY!!! Thanks again!

Sorry for the minor thread jack! As you were...
I saw your other thread. Nick and the guys do great work. And your cars sounds awesome!
Old 10-08-2013, 09:58 AM   #9
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATD34 View Post
looking to install a Cold Air Inductions intake to my L99 along with the V-Max Throttle Body coming this December. Just wanted to know what would be the Ups and Downs to this. Recommend any other TB's? How much HP gain do yall think i'll gain with this combo?

THANKS CAMARO NATION!
Thanks for choosing Cold Air Inductions Inc.! Make sure to post up some pics after you get them installed! Let us know if you ever have any questions, we would be happy to help.
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote