Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-19-2008, 04:56 PM   #1
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Arlington at Christmas - and a Christmas Message...

Dear Camaro Comrades and Firebird Friends...........

Our Friend, Jan Mellor (Camaro Comrade Extraordinare -- Harry and Dorothy's Daugher!!-- a "Mars Majorette!" .... my neighbor in Mars as I was growing up....) sent me the attached picture and article,

God Bless Mr. Merrill Worcester for what he does! We so often forget about the staggering number of men and women who sacrificed so much so that you and I can freely celebrate this joyous season.

As we prepare to celebrate with family and friends -- let's not forget to meditate for a moment and remember the Men and Women who are, as I type this, serving around the world.

Let's not forget those who have paid the ultimate price by giving their lives -- and let's not forget the families that are left behind to mourn their loss.

It's a tough time right now -- no matter where you live or what you do for a living -- as we find ourselves in one of the most economically challenging times in at least 70 years. What we MUST do is come together - regardless of political affiliation -- regardless of religion -- regardless of differences. United, we, as two nations, (Canada and the United States) will make it through this trying time -- and once again prosper.

We also need to be Thankful -- because we live a miraculous age --

I thank you for the kind notes and cards and emails (and prayers...) that I've received over the past month. It's gratifying to know that so many people DO care about GM and Ford and Chrysler; their suppliers and their dealers-- and the people (let me repeat that -- the PEOPLE) who make up all of these companies. We're fighting as hard as we can to turn our companies around -- and I'm confident that we'll be successful.

I hope that each of you will have time to spend with your families and loved ones -- and that you'll find joy in each others company.

I hope you'll always wear your safety belts -- all the time -- every time -- including everyone in the vehicle with you.
(.............................................ya just KNEW I wuz gonna work that in here somehow, some way.......)

I hope that if you partake of alcoholic beverages (......for medicinal purposes only, of course......) that you'll appoint a designated driver or call a taxi.

I hope you'll find a renewed sense of family and community as we enter the new year...........and I hope that the New Year will bring you health, happiness, and all that is good.

..................and of course, some pretty amazing cars are starting to roll off the line in Oshawa ---

Yup! We've had to wait longggggg time for the new Camaro -- but the entire Camaro team is confident that this new car is gonna blow you away.

And lastly - I thank you -- SINCERELY -- for your friendship.

Your Camaro Comrade and Firebird Friend..............

Scott
(aka Fbodfather)
(aka RedPlanet)

JAN WRITES:
-

Dear Friends: It's great to know that we have people in our great country that remember all our fallen soldiers that have fought for all our freedoms. So pray for Piece on Earth and Goodwill for all Men!

Merry Christmas, Love Jan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"

Arlington at Christmas

I had no idea this was done. I thought you might want to see it.

Rest easy, sleep well my brothers.

Know the line has held, your job is done.

Rest easy, sleep well.

Others have taken up where you fell, the line has held.

Peace, peace, and farewell...

</ SPAN>

Readers may be interested to know that these wreaths -- some 5,000 -- are donated by the Worcester Wreath Co. of Harrington , Maine . The owner, Merrill Worcester, not only provides the wreaths, but covers the trucking expense as well. He's done this since 1992. A wonderful guy. Also, most years, groups of Maine school kids combine an educational trip to DC with this event to help out. Making this even more remarkable is the fact that Harrington is in one the poorest parts of the state.

Please share this with everyone on your address list. You hear too much about the bad things people do. Everyone should hear about this.

fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 05:03 PM   #2
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home

:flag2:

Amazing sight.

Thank you troops.

Thank you fbodfather, and Merry Christmas to you and the crew.

Last edited by Mr Twisty; 12-19-2008 at 05:29 PM.
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 06:01 PM   #3
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
I have no words to match what's in your post, Scott, so I'll just say it is also us who appreciate your friendship! Isn't it uplifting to be reminded how much goodness there really is in all of us....sometimes it just takes the right circumstances to bring it out. The very best to you and yours this Holiday season, friend!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-19-2008, 06:02 PM   #4
Montrose
USN CPO

Drives: 08 Titan,2103 Challenger 392 SRT-8
that is really nice to see, i have friends there. Montrose
Old 12-19-2008, 06:39 PM   #5
HeatherR

Drives: 2009 CTS, 2008 Solstice GXP
Nice post...Merry Christmas!!
HeatherR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 06:49 PM   #6
zforce

Drives: 2010 2SS RS Inferno Matelic Orange
zforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 06:52 PM   #7
D1BADZ
hmmmmm

Drives: 2010 IOM in-n-out 2SS
:flag2:
D1BADZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 07:30 PM   #8
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
wow! that's simply amazing! there ain't much i can add to fbodfather's post, except my own thank you to Mr Worcester for his donations, people like fbodfather who spread the word, the troops who gave their lives to protect our freedoms, and God for giving us the freedoms they protected. Merry Christmas to everybody!
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 08:09 PM   #9
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
I saw this story on the news the other night. I think that is awesome!

Coming from the military side and a long history of Military in my family I really appreciate the efforts they are putting out to honor the american soldier.
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
edog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 01:57 PM   #10
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
The words can't describe the feeling I have after reading that, and with the loss of 103 Canadian troops (latest count), WE SAY THANK YOU TO ALL, AROUND THE WORLD!
MERRY CHRISTMAS & GOD BLESS EVERYONE!
Old 12-20-2008, 02:57 PM   #11
Camaro68

Drives: 68 Camaro 327ci 2SS/RS 376ci LS3
Thumbs up Thanks to all

Thank you all, troops for your service to the county :flag2: :flag2:
Camaro68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 12:59 AM   #12
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
I would like to thank our GM gurus who take the time to keep US informed with what they can WHEN they can...... THANK YOU!!!!!!!

And to all "our brothers at arms" that cant be home for the holidays.... THANK YOU
!!!!
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 02:19 AM   #13
XAnimal
Just in time

Drives: MRAP, M-1151 (Humvee)
Send a message via AIM to XAnimal
Thanks for all the support for us depolyed troops, but to be honest I never know how to respond to it, gives me the warm and fuzzy, I mean I'm just doing my job

I'M HOME from Iraq, can't wait for my Black on Black 2LT RS 2010 Camaro
XAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 03:31 AM   #14
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by XAnimal View Post
Thanks for all the support for us depolyed troops, but to be honest I never know how to respond to it, gives me the warm and fuzzy, I mean I'm just doing my job
The fact that you guys consider it, "just doing my job" makes me even more proud of all the troops!!! YOU made the decision to enlist! YOU are the one who's putting the most important thing you have on the line...your life...and you're doing it for people you'll never even know! YOU are the one who's making the sacrifices, without any chance of ever being fully compensated for them!

Every single one of you guys serving the flag right now is a better man than I am, or will ever be!!! I couldn't be more proud of ya's. You are an American Patriot...and that's the best compliment anyone could ever bestow on you!

May God bless and protect you and all of our troops, now and always!
~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~

Last edited by SScattergunSS; 12-21-2008 at 03:58 AM. Reason: Misspelled something.
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote