Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-07-2009, 07:19 PM   #85
mikedcmf
Mike

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3
I took my bike on a road trip. 750 miles to New Hampshire from Ohio. It rained almost the whole time. BUT I had a blast. If I have a choice I would have prefered SunShine. The car doesn't see rain unless it HAS too. I am fortunate enough to have a different vehicle to drive when it rains or "might" rain because I choose to keep this car "SWEET" as it can be
mike
mikedcmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:04 PM   #86
DEKA

Drives: Silver, manual, steel wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by bws_82 View Post
I didnt pay close to $40,000 to look at my car. Im gonna drive it and love every minute of it. Then im gonna love every minute of cleaning it....... because i think a lot of you agree that cleaning it is sometimes just as fun as driving it!!! (ok well maybe close to it)
Right on.
DEKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:14 PM   #87
Luvpilot

Drives: GM

Once. Pissed me off too
Luvpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:17 PM   #88
null_x86
I'm baaaaaaaaaack

Drives: 2003 Saturn Vue "Toy Car"
Send a message via AIM to null_x86 Send a message via MSN to null_x86 Send a message via Skype™ to null_x86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvpilot View Post

Once. Pissed me off too
lol, gotta love AZ weather huh?

www.bmblb.us
910-358-0964

Rally Yellow w/ Black Stripes 2SS/RS 6 Spd Manual - Someday...
Perma-grin started 10-20-09
Future USAF 2nd Lt.
null_x86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:20 PM   #89
StealthMan

Drives: 88 IROC-Z Convert, 08 Jeep Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedcmf View Post
I took my bike on a road trip. 750 miles to New Hampshire from Ohio. It rained almost the whole time. BUT I had a blast. If I have a choice I would have prefered SunShine. The car doesn't see rain unless it HAS too. I am fortunate enough to have a different vehicle to drive when it rains or "might" rain because I choose to keep this car "SWEET" as it can be
mike
Mike, where did you go in NH?
StealthMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:24 PM   #90
coolman

I wouldn't go out in the rain on purpose or If I thought there was even a chance of rain with it. But, if I was out and it started to rain I wouldn't loose any sleep over it. Hey that's why they make jeeps.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:43 AM   #91
mikedcmf
Mike

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3
Conway the first few days (rain was south) then Laconia for a few more days. Really awesome riding in the mountains and nice scenary. was hoping to see some moose but only seen deer. wife and i had a blast
mike
mikedcmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:02 PM   #92
CRYMFTR265
Semper Fidelis

Drives: 2010 Victory Red Camaro 2SS\RS
Drive my camaro in the rain? Thats what my FJ Cruiser is for!! Rain and snow wil never see my camaro. My daily driver is my take home squad car!!
I agree with how people can't even drive carefully when its nice out yet alone the rain.
CRYMFTR265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:55 PM   #93
Alabama

Drives: 2ss RS 8cyl Manual Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEKA View Post
I drive my camaro, thats what I bought it for. Now if I had bought a Lambo or Ferrari there is no way I would drive them in the rain, nah I would. I drive cars that I buy, Its like having a hot wife/girlfriend and not, well....you get my point. I do understand why some don't drive in the elements and hey, its their money and car, do what makes you happy. What makes me happy is driving mine all week, rain or shine, then cleaning it on saturday morning.
This Camaro is probably as close as I'll ever get to a Lambo or a Ferrari. And I'm gonna baby it like one.
Alabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:30 PM   #94
CajunCamaroChic

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, ABM "Bella"
Mine is my daily driver, so no choice. My husband thinks I am disturbed as I have to have the PERFECT place to park before I will leave her. I just waxed her as well and the water just beads off, it's great!
Old 12-08-2009, 02:44 PM   #95
Ghost Rider
I'm one bad Mamma Jamma

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
I don't drive in the rain because I don't want the car getting dirty and because I don't have to.

DELIVERED on August 25, 2009- 2010 2SS/RS, Yellow, A6, VIN # 34902

DELIVERED on September 9, 2009 -Custom Bumblebee Stripes and engine cover.

DELIVERED on September 10, 2009 - Painted GFX
Ghost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:16 PM   #96
SS Mike

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS CGM M6
6 months, 11,000 miles, desert, mountain, beach, rain, sun, no snow yet. Not one scratch on the car, not one issue to report. I love driving this car, I drive it every single day and never get tired of it. I put my last SS in the garage because I had a daily driver, said I would only drive it on the weekends. Then I only drove it once a month. Then once every couple months. Decided to sell it in preparation of the new Camaro, then I was involved in an off roading accident and messed my leg up pretty bad. I didn't get to drive my car one last time before selling it, and to this day I regret not enjoying it more towards the end of my ownership of it. Never again, I will enjoy the hell out of this car, and I still take care of it. It's possible to do both, and a little rain isn't gonna hurt it!

Vortech V-3 Kit, ARH LT's, Custom Exhaust, Aeromotive A1000 Fuel System, Custom Tune - 582 rwhp 533 rwtq
22" Modulare H2 Wheels, CF Hood, Trunk, Spoiler & Roof by Carbon by Design, Custom Steering Wheel from P-Factor
Brembo GT BBK, Alpine INA-900, Alpine Type-R Speakers, Hurst Shifter, APR Splitter, Custom Quad Tip Diffuser
CKS C1 Coilovers, Falken 452 Tires, 265/35/22 & 285/35/22, Custom Grille, AAC Halos, and much more to come!!
SS Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:19 PM   #97
Abygale

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Mike View Post
6 months, 11,000 miles, desert, mountain, beach, rain, sun, no snow yet. Not one scratch on the car, not one issue to report. I love driving this car, I drive it every single day and never get tired of it. I put my last SS in the garage because I had a daily driver, said I would only drive it on the weekends. Then I only drove it once a month. Then once every couple months. Decided to sell it in preparation of the new Camaro, then I was involved in an off roading accident and messed my leg up pretty bad. I didn't get to drive my car one last time before selling it, and to this day I regret not enjoying it more towards the end of my ownership of it. Never again, I will enjoy the hell out of this car, and I still take care of it. It's possible to do both, and a little rain isn't gonna hurt it!

I've had people ask me why I'm driving mine when it's raining and I say "why not?" Now salt and gravel like what is on our roads as of last night.....that's another story altogether!
Abygale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:22 PM   #98
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Well don't drive too far from home or on any trips in the Camaro.. what would you do if you got caught out in the rain?

i can understan not driving it in the snow, but geese you are going to get bugs and birdcrap on it driving even on nice days.. rain is not as bad as that is...