Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 05-04-2012, 04:10 PM   #5629
bmrandall87

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6, CG on IO
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotroost View Post
I just looked through my old e-mails. Membership was $49 for a year and the previous event at Inde last October was $169. This will be my 4th time on a track, but only the 2nd time with NASA. First time was a grand opening event at Inde and the second was at Camaro 5 Fest II. I plan on going 1-2 times a year. Maybe by the next NASA event at Inde this coming October, I will have a Pfadt suspension, sticky times, and a car hauler. Might be a tough sell at home after the cam upgrade last fall.
Ya, i think I'd be down for a couple times a year too. I'll definitely pencil in the October date. Although my SS won't be nearly as modified for the track as yours. I'm thinking spending any mod money on track days sounds like a lot of fun!

How early in advance do you have to get a NASA membership, and when do they usually open up registration? Anything you had to do to your car to prepare it? I seem to remember something about the brake fluid needing changing for track use.
Modifications: K&N CAI, SLP skip shift eliminator, Eibach 1" lowering springs, Pfadt trailing arms, OBX longtubes, Magnaflow 3" cat-back w/ HF cats, JRE Tune, CGM heritage grille, black bowtie and IOM SS badges
bmrandall87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:12 PM   #5630
gotroost

Drives: 2021 Crush ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrandall87 View Post
Ya, i think I'd be down for a couple times a year too. I'll definitely pencil in the October date. Although my SS won't be nearly as modified for the track as yours. I'm thinking spending any mod money on track days sounds like a lot of fun!

How early in advance do you have to get a NASA membership, and when do they usually open up registration? Anything you had to do to your car to prepare it? I seem to remember something about the brake fluid needing changing for track use.
You can get the NASA membership the same time as you sign up for an event. Registration generally opens up 3-4 weeks before the event. I just keep checking when it gets close.

I'm not sure my cam and headers will really gain me much at the road course, but I will know on Saturday. The track is about being smooth and trusting your brakes. I'm hoping for more upgrades by October, but a stock car is still a blast! I would highly recommend replacing the brake fluid. I've heard of a couple of scary situations at Firebird with stock fluid. I went to DOT 4 Super Blue. I would also make sure the lugs are torqued properly. Found a couple that needed snugged down after the last time at Inde.

gotroost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:10 PM   #5631
bmrandall87

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6, CG on IO
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotroost View Post
You can get the NASA membership the same time as you sign up for an event. Registration generally opens up 3-4 weeks before the event. I just keep checking when it gets close.

I'm not sure my cam and headers will really gain me much at the road course, but I will know on Saturday. The track is about being smooth and trusting your brakes. I'm hoping for more upgrades by October, but a stock car is still a blast! I would highly recommend replacing the brake fluid. I've heard of a couple of scary situations at Firebird with stock fluid. I went to DOT 4 Super Blue. I would also make sure the lugs are torqued properly. Found a couple that needed snugged down after the last time at Inde.
Awesome, thanks for all the great info! I'm sure we'll be in touch before the October event. Have fun this weekend!
Modifications: K&N CAI, SLP skip shift eliminator, Eibach 1" lowering springs, Pfadt trailing arms, OBX longtubes, Magnaflow 3" cat-back w/ HF cats, JRE Tune, CGM heritage grille, black bowtie and IOM SS badges
bmrandall87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:12 PM   #5632
Wildcat

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrandall87 View Post
Awesome, have fun! Only been down a couple times, but every run is definitely a rush. I've found that the guys working there are real nice and informative, so don't be afraid to ask any questions--most people there aren't pros anyway. Make sure to post how you do!
I will post my slips and I'm borrowing my uncle's GoPro camera. So, hopefully I'll get some good video footage too.
Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:22 AM   #5633
jhoward7285

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Well guys I'm sad to say we are probably selling our camaro. We haven't completely made up our minds yet but should know in the next week or so. We picked up a second dd and with trying to buy a house it just makes financial sense. So if anyone is interested or knows anyone looking just hit me up. We never did get around to painting it so I would probably part with it cheap. Say $18,500 for people on here. And just fyi, I was quoted $1400 to fix the front bumper, the door dings from typical daily driving, one ding on the deck lid, repaint areas needed and reclear the whole car, re-spray all the emblems and taillight bezels black, and finish tinting all the lights. The car has 30,6XX miles on it and the only thing keeping this car from being in excellent shape is the fact it needs paint. So once that's done the car would book for $20,300. I'll send some pics to anyone interested. Oh and I have springs, swaybars, and endlinks from an SS I never got around to installing but will be included.
1992 Camaro RS - Sold
jhoward7285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:51 PM   #5634
Wildcat

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro 2SS
I'm slow. Best time at the track today was 13.827 @ 103 mph. And that was my first pass. But the best part was I had fun. I'll post video once I figure out how to cut out the first 9 minutes or so

The tech guys wanted to turn me back becuase it was only supposed to be for 1973 cars and older. I didn't see that online anywhere, but it could be a reading comprehension fail. but after radioing ahead they said they weren't going to turn anyone back. Plus I already paid at the booth. there were some nice/fast 1st gen Camaros out there.
Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:08 PM   #5635
FLYNNZL1
Wicked ZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 HBM
Send a message via ICQ to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via MSN to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Yahoo to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Skype™ to FLYNNZL1
So this is what I am looking at for a audio upgrade, any thoughts? Most of the pricing is from Phastek Performance and Amazon.

$877.00 Pioneer AVIC-Z140BH 2DIN 7" Touchscreen In-Dash Navigation AV Receiver
$299.95 Scosche GM5201B 2010 Chevrolet Camaro Installation Kit
$88.08 Pioneer GEX-P920XM XM Digital Satellite Tuner
$38.58 Pioneer CD-IU51V AV iPod/iPhone Cable for Pioneer AV and Navigation models
$14.95 Scosche VWA3B 1997-Up Audi, BMW, VW Antenna Adaptor
$39.95 2010 Up Chevrolet Camaro Onstar Interface Module
Total=$1358.51

$699.00 ******** 2010-2012 Camaro Coupe 5 Channel Total System Enhancement Package

Grand Total =$2057.51 (ouch)
2017 Hyper Blue Metallic ZL1 A10/CF Hood Insert/PDR/NAV MODS: Rotofab CAI/V-MAX CNC Ported Throttle Body/Clear Bra/LED Reverse Light/Rock Guards/Lift Pads/Darkened Tail Lights/Ghost-Tinted LED Side Markers/Darkened 3rd Brake Light

Last edited by FLYNNZL1; 05-05-2012 at 08:15 PM.
FLYNNZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:17 PM   #5636
jasycz28
J.Sick

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynnaz View Post
So this is what I am looking at for a audio upgrade, any thoughts? Most of the pricing is from Phastek Performance and Amazon.

$38.58 Pioneer CD-IU51V AV iPod/iPhone Cable for Pioneer AV and Navigation models
$299.95 Scosche VWA3B 1997-Up Audi, BMW, VW Antenna Adaptor
Total=$1358.51

$699.00 ******** 2010-2012 Camaro Coupe 5 Channel Total System Enhancement Package

$299.95 Scosche VWA3B 1997-Up Audi, BMW, VW Antenna Adaptor

Is this a type-o?
Old 05-05-2012, 08:15 PM   #5637
FLYNNZL1
Wicked ZL1

Send a message via ICQ to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via MSN to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Yahoo to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Skype™ to FLYNNZL1
Good catch,
$14.95
2017 Hyper Blue Metallic ZL1 A10/CF Hood Insert/PDR/NAV MODS: Rotofab CAI/V-MAX CNC Ported Throttle Body/Clear Bra/LED Reverse Light/Rock Guards/Lift Pads/Darkened Tail Lights/Ghost-Tinted LED Side Markers/Darkened 3rd Brake Light
Old 05-05-2012, 09:13 PM   #5638
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
Fun day down at Inde Motorsports today! I didn't run the track, but watched all the classes. It would be great to get a large group from the club together on the course so folks can really learn the limits of their car and how to handle it. A very nice facility and well managed.

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:20 PM   #5639
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Quote:

$14.95 Scosche VWA3B 1997-Up Audi, BMW, VW Antenna Adaptor
Total=$1358.51

Does the XM tuner and Onstar module mount behind the dash and interface through the radio? I'd hate to have more controllers mounted on the dash like the one in the video covering the gauges.

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Old 05-05-2012, 11:31 PM   #5640
gotroost

Drives: 2021 Crush ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodih View Post
Fun day down at Inde Motorsports today! I didn't run the track, but watched all the classes. It would be great to get a large group from the club together on the course so folks can really learn the limits of their car and how to handle it. A very nice facility and well managed.
Glad I could finally meet you! Although, it was way too brief since the HDPE1 school and NASA AZ kept me hopping all morning. I would highly recommend an instructor to get started and for a few times after that. By the last session, I could leave everybody but a Porshe 911 and lapped all but 3 cars. Had an absolute blast and am now ready for some better tires and a front sway bar. Tried to find Dirt Dog in the afternoon, but I didn't see him anywhere. Hopefully his day went well.

gotroost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:36 AM   #5641
FLYNNZL1
Wicked ZL1

Yes, everything is behind the dash
Old 05-06-2012, 10:11 AM   #5642
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Quote:
Yes, everything is behind the dash
Are you installing yourself? I'd like to be there and/or help. I'd like to see how this all fits in place. Can you integrate a backup camera into the stereo? I think that would sell it for me.