Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-25-2010, 05:45 PM   #15
csjcsj

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6spd
Sounds good! At first I didn't know it was a V6! Didn't have that raspy sound! Good setup!
Old 11-26-2010, 10:59 AM   #16
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.nite View Post
Thank you very much BB - Appreciate your feedback since you also did a lot of research before choosing your exhaust system
Thanks and you're welcome. I wish I could get mine to sound like that! But I think the LT'S and cats you have are the ones getting the deep growl tamed by the mufflers. I can't do that in KaliI,m thinking on removing the stock resonaters which will give me close to a full Magnaflow catback with the D/T's may make it a bit deeper from what I'm hearing. We'll see..
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 04:58 PM   #17
mike.nite

Drives: 2011 2SS L99, 2010 LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by csjcsj View Post
Sounds good! At first I didn't know it was a V6! Didn't have that raspy sound! Good setup!

Thanks csjcsj - Thats probably the greatest compliment you can get for a aftermarket exhaust.

Make my V6 sound more like a V8 without the raspy sound was exactly what I wanted to achieve. Thanks.
mike.nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 05:15 PM   #18
mike.nite

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbee View Post
But I think the LT'S and cats you have are the ones getting the deep growl tamed by the mufflers.
Yeah - the LTs and highflow cats definately changed the sound. But those can also make the sound more tinny! So together with the wrong mufflers the LT and cats make the setup sound terribel and absolutely ricey.
Thatswhy I spent a lot of time comparing all the different mufflers and ended up with medium tamed mufflers. I would never go any louder/ less tamed.

BTW - Do you also have a soundclip of your setup? I like the headers/resonated-X-pipe combos.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:59 PM   #19
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Yeah - the LTs and highflow cats definately changed the sound. But those can also make the sound more tinny! So together with the wrong mufflers the LT and cats make the setup sound terribel and absolutely ricey.
Thatswhy I spent a lot of time comparing all the different mufflers and ended up with medium tamed mufflers. I would never go any louder/ less tamed.

BTW - Do you also have a soundclip of your setup? I like the headers/resonated-X-pipe combos.
No I never did. I need to along with pics.
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:40 PM   #20
Birm

Drives: Florida Speed & Power
Hey guys, hopefully this isnt a dead thread as I am new to the forums. I just got my 2010 Camaro LT1 (I know not an RS or SS) but for the price I could not aruge (20k out the door-guy was filing for bankruptcy etc...) anywho..I have already done the CAI now I am looking to improve the sound and performance of the stock exhaust. I am looking for an affordable way to do it if there is such a thing. If someone could please give me any info, or tell me how much a similar setup to the one posted here ran. Thank you ahead of time for your help.
Birm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:19 PM   #21
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Birm,

Welcome to the forums!! The BBK long tube headers are what really give this setup some great low growl...not that you can't have a good sounding exhaust without headers. You certainly can!....I really enjoy mine and I don't have headers (maybe sometime in the future lol).

But doing header isn't usually cheap either depending on what you get...the quality, shorties versus long tube,and other factors. I'm thinking this setup would run you around $900 to $1000 on parts alone, and so you'd still have installation to worry about.

But if you just want to do exhaust for now, you can get away with something nice for roughly half that cost.

If you want to do headers later on, make sure you do your research and be sure you think you'll enjoy the sound with headers. Shorty headers typically make any exhaust sound a bit better, but long tube headers can really make a crazy exhaust tone, so if you didn't want something really loud you'd need to be choosy on the exhaust you pair it with.

If you haven't yet, check out the V6 exhaust sticky thread at the top of the V6 section.

Good luck!
Old 02-08-2011, 05:10 PM   #22
mike.nite

Thumbs up

Thank you for the interest in my setup. The numerous requests I recieved via PMs confirmed me that I did everything right when I choosed my aftermarket componets. So the hours spent on investigation were definately worth it

Now back to your questions. KMP is absolutely correct (as allways when it comes to exhaust quesstions ). The LT headers realy changed the sound. But it is very important to combine them with the right mufflers to achieve the sound you're looking for. If the mufflers can't tame the crazy loudness and the tinny sound elements of the headers it will sound annoying. (As long as you don't like the raspy ricer sound).
Since you posted in this thread I guess you also want your setup to sound as deep as possible. So I realy suggest to get more muffled components like borla mufflers or at least "magnaflow mufflers WITH resonated X pipe".

As for the costs. I think you can find the Borla axleback for about $700.
I bought just the mufflers for $ 90 each and made the two pipes needed (from muffler to tip) by myself. So with my beautyfull double walled magnaflow tips and some 2.25" piping my exhaust cost about $300.

I was lucky with the headers as well. Because they listed the wrong PNs in the JEGS-onlinestore I got the ceramic coated LTs for the price of the chrome ones. I ended up paying $679 instead of $799.

So my exhaust cost me about 1 grand and some labor time. Definately worth it.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:34 PM   #23
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
you've got a great sounding ride bro. definitely has that nice low rumble to it. i like it
Old 02-08-2011, 05:56 PM   #24
mike.nite

Quote:
Originally Posted by hapisok View Post
you've got a great sounding ride bro. definitely has that nice low rumble to it. i like it

Thanks bro - You shure have good taste when it comes to exhaust mods. Just watched your clips. BBK is the way to go.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:09 PM   #25
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Thanks bro - You shure have good taste when it comes to exhaust mods. Just watched your clips. BBK is the way to go.
spent the last 7mo's(not sure how many hours total) listening to everybody else's mods before making my decision and it wasn't easy. giving the camaro a personality that sets it apart from everybody else's, to me, is the best mod one can make...making it your own.

big thanks goes out to those who stepped up making the first exhaust mod's for the rest of us to hear.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:32 PM   #26
mike.nite

Quote:
Originally Posted by hapisok View Post
big thanks goes out to those who stepped up making the first exhaust mod's for the rest of us to hear.
True! I guess I was the first that combined the BBK LT with Borla ProXS and so were you with the BBK LT with ARK N2. Good choices! Big thanks to all the uploaders!