Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 10-20-2013, 09:29 AM   #71
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS PANTHER View Post
Totally agree. My good friends 2012 stock Turbo S Porsche crushes 800rwhp Camaro's, factory ZR1 Corvettes, etc. with a little 3.8L 530hp 516tq AWD car with a lighting fast PDK trans on factory street tires. There is no substitute for weight and an AWD system with a great trans. Around here there are so many Turbo S's, GTR's, Aventadors, Superleggeras, etc. and there is no chance for overweight, high horsepower Camaro's compared to these cars. Beating a Mustang or Challenger is nothing to get excited about compared to the killer machines that run the streets around here with street tires and can drive safely anywhere. If the power can't get to the ground it is worthless. I am not going to drive around with drag radials/slicks when we have some of the best canyon and ocean drives around.
Yeah but how.much is that turbo S just curious

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
CamaroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:00 AM   #72
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Prime example is what happened to me yesterday of why we want more.
I was in the turn lane leaving town to get on the on ramp and the light catches me. Had some Harleys behind me with some older guys on them and at first thought they may start to get upset with me for not shooting the gap. I hate people that run red lights so if I can stop easily I stop.
So I'm sitting there first at the light with Harleys loping away behind me(I have the windows down) and the light is fairly long. I hear a couple of them talking to each other about my car so I just sit and listen lol. A couple of seconds later the lead guy pulls up beside me.
"Does it run good?"
"Yeah, sure." I say.
"Well go ahead when the light turns tear it up getting on the ramp we will be right behind ya!"
OK. Were is my ACDC CD when I need it.....
Light turns green and I go and turn. Once I get straight I lay 520lbft of torque to the 265/35-22 Coopers......
I'm at about 25mph when I drop the hammer and I instantly hit the limiter(oops). I shift second and still blow the tires off and shift on into third and get some traction at around 60-70mph. Perfect merging speed onto the Mexican turnpike. I set the cruise and a few minutes later the bikers catch up to me and pass me. I get a salute ovation and thumbs up from them all. Hell, I would have liked to have seen it myself lol.
Anyway......had to share.
2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:34 AM   #73
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroI View Post
Yeah but how.much is that turbo S just curious

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Looks like those turbo S cars will hit 60 in under 3 secs and do the quarter in the 10 second range. That's pretty nice performance for a street car, but they'll also run you around $180K.

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 02:09 PM   #74
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
Looks like those turbo S cars will hit 60 in under 3 secs and do the quarter in the 10 second range. That's pretty nice performance for a street car, but they'll also run you around $180K.
You are exactly right about the performance and the price E.T. My friends car had a $175k msrp but, he picked up at the end of the year for $142k. There is a definite difference in price, but like they say on this forum, you got to pay to play. That said, regardless of price, the Camaro is a super value and a great looking, fun car that can be made to handle and perform fairly competitively. E.T. you are running 12 flat with street tires which is pretty impressive. I want a TVS2300 also. Love the Camaro.
SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 04:22 PM   #75
E.T.

Quote:
You are exactly right about the performance and the price E.T. My friends car had a $175k msrp but, he picked up at the end of the year for $142k. There is a definite difference in price, but like they say on this forum, you got to pay to play. That said, regardless of price, the Camaro is a super value and a great looking, fun car that can be made to handle and perform fairly competitively. E.T. you are running 12 flat with street tires which is pretty impressive. I want a TVS2300 also. Love the Camaro.
Even though your buddy's Porsche is fast as hell, at least you can poke a little fun at him that it's only a V6, hehe. I'm sure it sounds sick, but it's still hard to beat that good old V8 rumble.

You'll love the TVS if you end up going for it. It totally changes the car (in a good way).

Old 10-20-2013, 05:59 PM   #76
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
The Porsche does not sound great like a V8. I am seriously thinking of the Maggie now that there is a $700 discount and it is CARB legal. What do you think a reasonable price for the install with a proper engine and tranny tune should be? I think this is the best upgrade for the street for reliability, drive-ability and hp per dollar. What psi are you running?
SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:25 PM   #77
E.T.

Quote:
The Porsche does not sound great like a V8. I am seriously thinking of the Maggie now that there is a $700 discount and it is CARB legal. What do you think a reasonable price for the install with a proper engine and tranny tune should be? I think this is the best upgrade for the street for reliability, drive-ability and hp per dollar. What psi are you running?
Looking at my bill, I think the labor and dyno tuning cost a little over $1800. Supposedly, the Maggie can be installed in a single day. The stock Maggie pulley is 3.8, I believe, and that should put you at 6 psi. I went with the 3.6 pulley which is supposed to be 8 psi.

$700 off sounds nice! Time to unleash that beast