Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

View Poll Results: Your guess for the Z28 LSA HP rating
Less than 556 HP 95 13.63%
556 HP 159 22.81%
More than 556 HP 386 55.38%
We don't even know if the LSA is going to be in the Z28! Stupid question! 57 8.18%
Voters: 697. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-27-2010, 12:24 PM   #15
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
Non of my info comes from GM employees or GM vendors. But more a common sense, Doing my woke to see what is going on and why, It dos not make any sense to release a new motor in the camaro, AKA gen V motor, and the LS9 will bring the cast to $60k+ on the car so if we all angry that its a supercharged V-8 then what is left to not be a fact.

Next there is timing we all know that a car has a life span for the Wow affect, so 2 years after the release of the gen5 camaro its time for the convertible to come out and now it will be about 1 tear till the Z28 comes out and that will keep the line fresh in the mind of ppl and then there will be some thing new after that like a new ........ and so on.

That is how all car company's work and all manufacturing company's work.

It's all just speculation. you stated it as fact, and that's just miss information right now. until it's from the horses mouth it isn't fact.
Again things do change. What doesn't make sense to you might make sense to someone behind the curtain. we don't have the whole picture. Maybe just maybe some peoples speculation is right it will be the lower end of the LS9 with the top end of the LSA. . .it's still speculation. They were developing the LS8 for a while. maybe with the rebirth of the z28 they will introduce the ls8. but the last official information about the ls8 was it was scraped. but you just never know until that press release is official. that's all I'm getting at.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:30 PM   #16
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
576hp,
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 01:17 PM   #17
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
490hp to the rear wheels or something
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 04:04 PM   #18
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
My best guess based on no specific facts is that it will come in around 585HP with some variation of the LSA using the 2300 S/C instead of the 1900. Like I said this is strictly a guess and a wish on my part. Until the New York show in April, we might not know for sure. So step up and place your bets and lets see who comes in the closest to the actual horsepower.
Old 12-27-2010, 05:03 PM   #19
truth411

Drives: police interceptor
Hopefully about 600hp.
truth411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 05:13 PM   #20
Supercamaro64
Right, right.

Drives: 79 Z28, 86 Camaro, 94 Burb 4x4
my hope is around 600, my guess is probably around 580
Supercamaro64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 05:30 PM   #21
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
It's all just speculation. you stated it as fact, and that's just miss information right now. until it's from the horses mouth it isn't fact.
Again things do change. What doesn't make sense to you might make sense to someone behind the curtain. we don't have the whole picture. Maybe just maybe some peoples speculation is right it will be the lower end of the LS9 with the top end of the LSA. . .it's still speculation. They were developing the LS8 for a while. maybe with the rebirth of the z28 they will introduce the ls8. but the last official information about the ls8 was it was scraped. but you just never know until that press release is official. that's all I'm getting at.
You never know but the ls8 is dead, long live the LSA.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:29 PM   #22
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1 or Suzuki Hayabusa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurenuff View Post
I've got my fingers crossed for an LSA/LS9 hybrid with forged slugs, etc. While the LSA can definitely compete with the GT500 powerplant stock, it doesn't have near the ability to modded to high HP levels like the overbuilt GT500 engine.
Dang Straight Shurenuff.

Our beastie will be heavier than the pony and needs the HP to compensate. I think 600 HP is a jaw-dropping number for most folks, so I'm going there. It has the "Holy crap, I want that" factor.

I just hope they managed to attain this given the innumerable variables, along with some outstanding handling characteristics.
Scarrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:19 PM   #23
derklug

Drives: 12 Boss 302
595 to get 1/4 mile better than a GT500. Road course performance will depend on price point.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:55 PM   #24
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I went with #4. I expect the power to be above the CTS-V's 556, somewhere between 570 and 600. But I'm not willing to say definitively that it will be the LSA. It probably will be, but there is a reasonable chance that it won't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
I really need to take my vote back and put it on the last one.

although I feel the lsa will be under the hood, I think it's too early to claim it as fact.

If it is the LSA it will be more then 556 hp. mainly do to my belief of better intake and exhaust flow like on the v-6.
I can switch your vote for you, I assume you picked choice #3?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurenuff View Post
I've got my fingers crossed for an LSA/LS9 hybrid with forged slugs, etc. While the LSA can definitely compete with the GT500 powerplant stock, it doesn't have near the ability to modded to high HP levels like the overbuilt GT500 engine.

That's one area that Ford definitely has the upper hand if the Z/28 comes with an LSA.
If there is a hybrid between the LSA and and LS9 I'd put my money on it going the other way. LSA on the inside, with a 2.3L blower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derklug View Post
595 to get 1/4 mile better than a GT500. Road course performance will depend on price point.
Isn't the CTS-V essentially on par with the GT500 (or at most, a little behind), with 556 hp and ~4400 lbs? As for road course performance, I have no doubts to the Z28's superiority. There is a lot of potential thats untaped in the SS, and I doubt that was accidental.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:08 PM   #25
tweeter81

Drives: 2004 Cadillac CTS-V
GM is NOT going to give the new Z/28 more substantially power than the CTS-V for $12,000 less. It's just not going to happen.

People need to use the brains God gave them and look into past performance cars to find the answer to this question. The new engine is most likely going to be the LSA, and it will only make more power than the 556 HP the CTS-V has, if the intake and exhaust are slightly more free-flowing. I would guess a 10 HP bump to approximately 566 HP.

GM has absolutely no reason to push the limits of the motor more than they already have (and for less money, even).

This new Z/28 doesn't need 600 or 800 HP to be competitive and beat the GT500 performance numbers. It just needs high quality, wide, and sticky tires (read: not Goodyear F1s) and a great suspension setup for the roadcourse.

2004 CTS-V
Mods: CAI, Spoiler, SW Heat Extractor Hood, PC'ed CCW SP600 wheels (19"x9" and 19"x10"), Toyo R888 (F: 235/35ZR19 - R: 295/30ZR19), Magnaflow Cat-back, UUC Shifter w/ bushings, Ground Control Coilover Kit (750f/800r), FG2 shocks, Hotchkis Swaybars, Custom FRCs, Kooks 1 3/4" Coated LT Headers, ARP Header Studs, NGK TR55ix, SS Brake Lines, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hawk HP+ Pads, GForce Axles, Monster Stage 2 w/ 18 lb Flywheel, D.P.S.E. Dyno Tune = 351 hp/ 365 ft-lbs (corrected)
tweeter81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:12 PM   #26
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter81 View Post
GM is NOT going to give the new Z/28 more substantially power than the CTS-V for $12,000 less. It's just not going to happen.

People need to use the brains God gave them and look into past performance cars to find the answer to this question. The new engine is most likely going to be the LSA, and it will only make more power than the 556 HP the CTS-V has, if the intake and exhaust are slightly more free-flowing. I would guess a 10 HP bump to approximately 566 HP.

GM has absolutely no reason to push the limits of the motor more than they already have (and for less money, even).

This new Z/28 doesn't need 600 or 800 HP to be competitive and beat the GT500 performance numbers. It just needs high quality, wide, and sticky tires (read: not Goodyear F1s) and a great suspension setup for the roadcourse.
In stock form, the LSA is tougher than the LS9 so they can push its limits a bit. Thats why I believe they might do some sort of hybrid between the two.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:40 PM   #27
brAnd7onX

Drives: 2012 1SS IOM
Quote:

Been a while since I've posted and I couldn't agree more.
brAnd7onX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:51 PM   #28
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:

Who's to say that they won't bump the CTS-V power in 2012 also?
Shurenuff is offline   Reply With Quote