Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-05-2010, 04:31 PM   #1
PJ droopy pants

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Edelbrock E Force Supercharger Issue

Got a Edelbrock S/C installed monday and overall I am very satisfied, had it installed at my dealership and besides a leaky heater core hose the install went great. After test driving it after the install and opening up the throttle the check engine light came on and threw a code
P0121 Throttle Posistion [TP] Sensor 1 Performance.
Other than the ceck engine light there were no other noticable complications or loss of power. We checked the wires and made sure everything was tight and grounded and reset the code and it didn't come back untill today (Wednesday), again WOT and check engine light came on, same code. Called Edlebrock and they told me they havn't had an other issues and to just check the wires. Anyone have any ideas?

Super charger was installed on a totaly stock LS3 and used the edelbrock tune that came with, engine has 2,700 miles and no other issues other than the code.
PJ droopy pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 05:10 PM   #2
SonnyakaPig

Drives: C63 P31
I feel for you, buddy. I hope you get the code situation worked out soon so that you can enjoy your new awesome supercharger.
SonnyakaPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:24 PM   #3
jsharp
NOW CAMMED & SUPERCHARGED

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black w/ IOM
I know that they may not be claiming issues but about 85% of what I have read on here about people receiving the kit were not completly satisfied.
Livernois Motorsports: Maggie 2300 7psi, Livernois 2C cam/L99 to LS3 Conversion, Ported TB, Rotofab w/adm race scoop, adm trans cooler,Kooks headers no cats, Kooks 3" exhaust. METCO breather. Precision 2400 Vigilante TC. Eibach Lowering Springs & Swaybars. BMR Trailing arms, BMR Rear Cradle Bushings, BMR Toe Rods, BMR Differential bushings. Vossen CV3 20's w/ 305 Mickey Thompson @25psi. Zl1 front bumper. OE Zl1 Hood and matte black insert. 556RWHP/500RWTQ L99
jsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:52 PM   #4
Busy_Boi
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: RJT 2010 camaro 2SS
Send a message via Yahoo to Busy_Boi
It may need to be dyno tune I have order this supercharger. But I have not gotten it yet. I am not going to use the edelbrock tune.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:13 PM   #5
flyby

Drives: 2010 Silver SS
Take it to a tune shop and have it tuned properly, should end all problems.
flyby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:13 PM   #6
HaveBlue

Drives: CTS/CAMARO
He didn't speak to anyone in the supercharger department. Just a general tech. I've sent him a contact and phone number that will get him to the right person.

SEMA PICTURES-PARTS & CARS
http://www.pbase.com/haveblue/sema_2009
HaveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 02:55 PM   #7
Mister HP

Drives: Speed Shop owner
that code is def related to the tune. A good dyno tune will clear it all up. Let me know if you need help finding someone in your area,

Ed
Mister HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 03:00 PM   #8
Mike Norris
Account Suspended

I agree that most likely a proper tune will take care of it, but it should not be needed seeing it is a simple bolt on and go with their tune. I would be checking over things carefully before doing a custom tune to be sure that a custom tune does not cover something up.

Mike Norris
Mike Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:09 AM   #9
Mister HP

Drives: Speed Shop owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Norris View Post
I agree that most likely a proper tune will take care of it, but it should not be needed seeing it is a simple bolt on and go with their tune. I would be checking over things carefully before doing a custom tune to be sure that a custom tune does not cover something up.

Mike Norris

Agreed, depending where the OP is in Tenessee, he's probly not too far from you Mike? I'm sure a good look over would clear things up pretty easily.

Ed
Mister HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 12:48 PM   #10
Total_Perf_Eng

Drives: Corvette
Send a message via AIM to Total_Perf_Eng
The "Tune" has nothing to do with that code (Well, its in the tune, but its only 1 small parameter. It is a TP/MAP Correlation error. It is 1 specific section of the file that is a diagnostic test parameter.

It is no more than about a 3 minute correction.

That code is set, when the calculated airflow, and calculated MAP ore outside of their pre-calibrated parameters for greater than 3 seconds.

This is where you find it in HP Tuners
Engine Diagnostics > General > Diagnostics Tests. You can then go into the Max Airflow vs RPM, and increase it, or just go to the "Enable RPM" and bump it up a few thousand RPM. Then bump the min ECT to 256* This essentially disables that test.

Essentially, All it is doing, is measuring the amount of "Actual" airflow, against the Pre Determined airflow. If it sees more than what is pre-determined, then is goes into reduced engine power. Obviously, since we are running boosted cars, the airflow is substantially different. Most of the manufacturers that are tuning this section have just bumped the enable RPM limit. But if you still want to have this test work, then bump the airflow max about 10%, and you'll be set.
What it is doing, is one of MULPITPLE tests, verifying your throttle body is working properly. If the car senses (through testing) that the TB may be stuck, then it will shut everything down just to be safe. Some people may say thats a good thing.. haha. But this is one of many many many redundant tests.

Hope this helps

Last edited by Total_Perf_Eng; 05-11-2010 at 03:47 PM.
Total_Perf_Eng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 12:58 PM   #11
PJ droopy pants

Thanks for the advice guys, Edelbrock got back to me today and informed me that there is now an update for their tune on their site today to fix this issue. I have uploaded the updated tune and will be doing some test to see if it resovled the issue, I will be getting a full dyno tune as well later this week but I wanted to have the edlebrock tune right first. Here is their page to the update if you need it, the instructions are for a diablo predator but will work for the SCT programer as well.

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_...oft-tech.shtml
Old 05-11-2010, 03:55 PM   #12
10aSSee D

Drives: Silver 2010 SS Camaro
Where in Tn. do you live? I'm in the Knoxville area.

ADM built 417, 2.9L Whipple with 3.250 pulley, ADM ported and polished LSA heads,ADM stage3 cam,ADM LSA belt drive system,ADM CAI race scoop, ADM dual fuel pumps, ID 850's, BMR full suspension, Gforce 9 inch kit with 3.5 inch driveshaft, Street Slayer twin carbon clutch, Lingenfelter oil seperator. Tuned by built by ADM Performance, 763rwhp,705rwtq
10aSSee D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:14 PM   #13
PJ droopy pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10aSSee D View Post
Where in Tn. do you live? I'm in the Knoxville area.
Hey 10, Im in between Tullahoma and Lynchburg, Jack Daniels country.

After many atempts and running the car hard I have not been able to get that code to come back, seems that the tune was fixed! Going to dyno tune it tomorow and have boost and wideband gauges installed. Thanks for all the help guys!
Old 05-12-2010, 12:28 PM   #14
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
glad you found the problem.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote