Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-09-2013, 07:41 PM   #85
batman53201
Account not blocked

Drives: The Batmobile
FYI, you can get reimbursed for ding damage if you have a witness, and take pics.

carry on kids

batman53201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:45 PM   #86
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by invaderzim View Post
.... And this, ladies and gentlemen, is exactly the type of turd that does the things being discussed in the thread. 'Tards that really believe they have some weird justification that makes it ok to destroy someone else's property... Be it because someone parks next to them or someone believes theyre overreacting or they feel slighted in some way by the world or any other weird excuse that in their sick minds makes you just have it coming and they're doing the world a favor....

Btw my bad. I said $30k car. I see you have a 2lt. I meant $25k car.... That you want your own personal public parking spot for....
Not going to stoop to your level !whatever
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:53 PM   #87
invaderzim

Drives: 45th SS, '12 ducati 1199 on order
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebox View Post
Perfect response, except... well, I guess you did have to mention you were being sarcastic...

Honestly, a lot of people have no common sense or respect for others' property, regardless of their reasons why or their age.

Caught a 60-something year old starting to poke around at my car in a parking lot one night. From a dozen yards away, yelled a quick "hey", he just about jumped out of his skin. Asked him what was he doing, said he was just admiring it, so I asked why he had to poke at it, and would you want someone to do that to your brand new car. He stood there with mouth hanging open and no answer, so I just said "thought so, have a nice night" as I buckled my 5 year old in the back seat. I do wonder what the reaction would have been if it were a 20-something "kid" like junior here, but glad I didn't have to find out...
All I was trying to get to was that some things just aren't worth the risk. Like a door ding. Coming out and seeing a guy poking around like you did is one thing. Checking with the assumption that if you do find something it was made by the guy next to you with full intent of getting into a confrontation with them is another. You're just looking fir something to start something at this point. Without even being certain that if you do find something it was done by them. All the "ill pound a guy to a pulp" talk here gets pretty old. Good to see I'm not the only "doormat" here. I really believe you nailed it at the end though. They have to be 20something year old kids....
invaderzim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:55 PM   #88
Vangres
Timed Rage

Drives: Mercedes Benz 300 C sport
This shit will never stop. For me with the years i rolled in, I tend to think of them as a bad weather which hit the car, for me being upset over it is not worth it, its true that I will get mad and frustrated but later on I wont make it get to me..... (now don't ask me about the definition of later).
Vangres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:17 AM   #89
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
It's official, this thread has gone down hill:

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:54 AM   #90
JN3WMN

Drives: 2010 2LT RS IBM
This thread is great!
JN3WMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:57 AM   #91
JN3WMN

Drives: 2010 2LT RS IBM
I will admit, I'm also guilty of checking my car when I see someone parked next to me. I usually only do it when it seems the car is a little close to mine. Not everyone is mindful of things like that, especially where I live. However, I'm not saying I would necessarily confront someone without proof that they actually did it, but I do understand both sides.

You guys should just agree to disagree on this & let it be.
JN3WMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:59 AM   #92
jewel25
Mother of PWA Babies

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS
I had my windshield smashed and side mirror knocked off and a kick into the door after only owning the car less than 6 months.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:55 AM   #93
Mac11wildcat
Banned

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by boombuilt View Post
I live at Cypresswood & 249 but it happens all over the place. I was seeing a girl with a house in Conroe and someone threw a potted plant in the car while we were inside playing pool. I've only had the car for three months and it's happened almost a dozen times. You think I'd learn...
I live in this area...this is unheard of. Sounds like you might need to stop pissing people off. lol.
Mac11wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:56 PM   #94
NJ-JRS
C5

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS Red accents on Black
I parked my car down the shore, walked literally about 45-60 seconds towards my friends house, forgot something in the car and walked by to find french fries dumped on my windshield. Luckily not permananent damage but still amazing to see how people can be such d*cks.
NJ-JRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:10 PM   #95
boombuilt

Drives: '12 2SS/RS convertable
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac11wildcat View Post
I live in this area...this is unheard of. Sounds like you might need to stop pissing people off. lol.
That's just it I don't have any enemies that I know of. Hell, I still get along with my ex wife I just have that kind of luck.

On the brighter side I did find a phone number left under the wiper and a big kiss on windshield when I came out of a store last weekend. My dreams of meeting the super model that left it where crushed when the chick that introduced herself as the one who wrote it had some kind of green moo moo on that made her look like a giant watermelon but it beat the shit out of getting trash thrown in the car again.
boombuilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:30 PM   #96
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
That's just it I don't have any enemies that I know of. Hell, I still get along with my ex wife I just have that kind of luck.

On the brighter side I did find a phone number left under the wiper and a big kiss on windshield when I came out of a store last weekend. My dreams of meeting the super model that left it where crushed when the chick that introduced herself as the one who wrote it had some kind of green moo moo on that made her look like a giant watermelon but it beat the shit out of getting trash thrown in the car again.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:32 PM   #97
13SS

Drives: 2013 SS
Quote:

Stay away from my mother!
13SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:45 PM   #98
boombuilt

Drives: '12 2SS/RS convertable
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
Pretty much just with a bigger bow in her hair...and she thought she was HOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13SS View Post
Stay away from my mother!
boombuilt is offline   Reply With Quote